Celebrate Mexican American culture with a weekend of celebrations, food and drink specials, concerts and more in Houston from Cinco de Mayo, Thursday, May 5 through Saturday, May 7, 2022.
Commemorating the date of a pivotal Mexican army victory over France in 1862, Cinco de Mayo has come to be a day of celebration in the United States, where the community can take part in longstanding traditions of Mexican American culture through concerts, culinary treats, markets and more.
Take part in this year’s revelry with our list of the top Cinco de Mayo festivities and events taking place this year, from Cinco de Mayo, Thursday, May 5 to Saturday, May 7, 2022.
Cinco de Mayo 2022 Events & Celebrations in Houston
Cinco de Mayo, Thursday, May 5, 2022
- Cinco de Mayo Party at the Tasting Room | Cinco de Mayo, Thursday, May 5 – This all-day Cinco de Mayo celebration in CityCentre will feature spicy shrimp tacos, grilled flank steak tacos, chips and guacamole, the spicy pineapple margarita, and more. 11am to 2am.
- Cinco de Mayo at Hugo’s | Cinco de Mayo, Thursday, May 5 – Spend your Cinco de Mayo enjoying live music from Viento, live Mexican dancers, $2 off margaritas, and half-off the “Greatest” margarita at Hugo’s. 11:30am to 9pm.
- Cinco de Mayo at Xochi | Cinco de Mayo, Thursday, May 5 – The Oaxacan restaurant, Xochi, hosts a Cinco de Mayo celebration with half off their “Greatest” margaritas, $2 off all other margaritas, and live music by Media Luna. 11:30am to 9pm.
- Cinco de Mayo at Space Cowboy | Cinco de Mayo, Thursday, May 5 | No Cover – Head to Space Cowboy in the Heights for a Cinco de Mayo celebration complete with a Selena Tribute performance by Cristina Amaro, bites from Caluma Tacos, a market, mariachi, live wrestling, and more. Noon to midnight.
- 6th Annual Cinco de Mile Block Party on Washington Avenue | Cinco de Mayo, Thursday, May 5 – Heading into its 6th year, the Cinco de Mile Block Party will take over bars like Fuego’s Saloon, Lincoln Bar, Bottled Blonde, and more along Washington Ave with all-day activities like live ponies, stilt walkers, photo ops, games, mariachi bands, and more. $10. Noon to 2am.
- Cinco De Mayo at Little Woodrow’s Midtown | Cinco de Mayo, Thursday, May 5 | No Cover – The Midtown outpost of the popular drinkery hosts their Cinco de Mayo event with turtle races, drink specials, DJs, $5 Mexican candy shots, and a photo op with a live donkey. 2pm.
- 5th Annual Cinco De Mayo Party at Social Beer Garden | Cinco de Mayo, Thursday, May 5 | No Cover – Midtown’s beer garden celebrates their fifth Cinco with live entertainment, Mexican food bites, local vendors, DJs and raffle giveaways. 3pm to 2am.
- Cinco de Mayo at Tacos A Go Go–Greenway Plaza | Cinco de Mayo, Thursday, May 5 – The Greenway Plaza outpost of the popular taco slinger hosts a Cinco de Mayo celebration complete with live music, their singing bartender, and of course, plenty of tacos. Be one of the first 10 to arrive and receive a special gift. 4pm to 10pm.
- Cinco De Mayo Fiesta at Ingenious Brewing Company | Cinco de Mayo, Thursday, May 5 | No Cover – Make your way to Humble for a fiesta that includes a Mexican-themed paint class, a piñata filled with coupons and prizes, food from Treviño’s Tacos & BBQ, beer, and cocktails. 4pm to 10pm.
- Cinco de Mayo at White Rhino Patio & Cocktail Bar | Cinco de Mayo, Thursday, May 5 | No Cover – Celebrate Cinco de Mayo in Second Ward when White Rhino hosts an evening party with Lotería, live mariachi, Folklorico dancers, a DJ, and a market. 4pm to 11pm.
- Cinco de Mayo at Tribute | Cinco de Mayo, Thursday, May 5 – Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with the authentic flavors of Puebla at the Houstonian Hotel’s Tribute. The new Tex-Mex spring menu will also feature lighter salads, seafood, and an array of Post Oak wood-grilled favorites from Texas, Louisiana, and Mexico. 5pm.
- Cinco de Mayo at Traveler’s Table | Cinco de Mayo, Thursday, May 5 – Indulge in a flight of 3 tasty margaritas and Mexican carne asada at the Montrose restaurant’s Cinco de Mayo event. Flight of margaritas is $25; $30 for the Mexican carne asada. 5pm to 10pm.
- Cinco De Mayo Party & Market at Axelrad | Cinco de Mayo, Thursday, May 5 | No Cover – The bohemian outdoor beer garden hosts a Cinco de Mayo celebration with $6 house margaritas infused with flavors like strawberry, peach, passionfruit and watermelon, along with a Shop Local market. 5:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Top Chef: Houston Viewing Party at Ninfa’s Uptown | Cinco de Mayo, Thursday, May 5 – Ninfa’s celebrates Cinco de Mayo with a Top Chef twist and hosts an official Top Chef: Houston viewing party at Ninfa’s Uptown. The episode slated to air will feature a visit to Ninfa’s on Navigation, the birthplace of the fajita. To cheer on hometown contestant Chef Evelyn Garcia, the Original Ninfa’s Bar Director Angel Belman has created Piña-mezcalita cocktail available for purchase for $13. 6pm to 9pm.
- Cinco de Mayo Kickoff at Market Square Park | Cinco de Mayo, Thursday, May 5 | No Cover – Take a swing at the world’s largest piñata, Chiquito, for Cinco de Mayo in Downtown’s Market Square Park. Other festivities include live mariachi music, a DJ, and a mini-market. 5:30pm to 7pm. Bars will be open until 2am.
- Cinco de Mayo at Urbe | Cinco de Mayo, Thursday, May 5 – Enjoy tacos de birria, a tamales and mole bar, lechón, and plenty of tequila cocktails when Urbe in Uptown honors the culture and flavors of Jalisco, the home of tequila. $65 per person. 6:30pm to 10pm.
- Alejandra Guzman & Paulina Rubio in Concert at Smart Financial Centre | Cinco de Mayo, Thursday, May 5 – Two Mexican icons of the Latin music world combine on stage to squash a long-standing rivalry and deliver an electrifying set of award-winning songs and career-spanning hits. $69.50 and up. 7:30pm.
- Crush City Comedy Thursday: Cinco de Mayo Edition at Preston Theater / CSz Arena | Cinco de Mayo, Thursday, May 5 – Kick back to the comedy of three of Houston’s funniest improv troupes—Baby Knuckle, Meth Lab for Cutie (MFfC), and Space Rhyme Continuum—in Eado. Bring your own Tequila to add to frozen set-ups at the door, and enjoy carnitas from Hat Trick BBQ. $7 at the door; $10 in advance for reserved seating. 8pm.
- Raquel Cepeda: 5 De Mayo and All That Jazz at the Heights Theater | Cinco de Mayo, Thursday, May 5 – Jazz singer Raquel Cepeda presents her Cinco concert that celebrates Mexican and Latin American culture through the refined aesthetics of jazz. $22 and up. 8pm.
Friday, May 6, 2022
- Cinco De Mayo At Miller: Jarabe Mexicano at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Friday, May 6 | FREE – Get in the Cinco de Mayo groove when the versatile, multi-genre quintet known as Jarabe Mexicano brings a Mexican Folk journey to the Miller stage. 8pm.
Saturday, May 7, 2022
- Cinco De Mayo Celebration at B-52 Brewing | Saturday, May 7 | No Cover – Hit up Conroe for a new beer release, some delicious Mexican food from La Birria Tacos and Carmen’s Corn & Creations, Gotta Roll and Tijuas Candies, and a live performance from a mariachi band. Noon to 10pm.
- Cinco De Mayo Party at Sugar Land Town Square | Saturday, May 7 | FREE – Experience a mix of salsa, boleros, merengues, and traditional cumbias when Grupo Batachá performs at Sugar Land Town Square. 4pm to 6pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).