Get outside and make some memories with our picks for the best kid-friendly things to do in and around Houston from Monday, April 25 to Sunday, May 1, 2022.
This week, try your hand at winning free laser tag for a year, jam out to ’80s music, catch a kid-friendly opera, sing along to the hits of Encanto, and more.
Do you know an event that could make the list? Drop us a line at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Top 11 Things To Do for Kids & Families in Houston This Week
- The Barber of Seville In Texas at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Tuesday, April 26 & Wednesday, April 27 | FREE – Houston Grand Opera presents a kid-friendly production of The Barber of Seville in Texas, one of opera’s most beloved comic masterpieces with a bilingual twist. Set on a ranch in the Lone Star State, it shares the story of two star-crossed lovers facing a language barrier: Rosina only speaks Spanish, while Almaviva only knows English. Enter opera’s most famous barber, the bilingual Figaro. 11am.
- Betsy’s Benefit Bingo at Evelyn’s Park | Wednesday, April 27 – Gather up the kids and enjoy a few rounds of Bingo in Bellaire. Adults can score beer, house wine or a drink of their choice; kiddos can win free ice cream or popsicles. Cards are $1 each, cash only. 6pm to 8pm.
- Grand Opening of Main Event Tomball | Friday, April 29 | No Cover – The newest outpost of the family fun center opens in Tomball and the first 200 visitors through the door will receive free laser tag for the year. Plus, everyone can enjoy a game of bowling, arcade games, virtual reality experiences, billiards and more. No admission fee, though attractions are individually priced. $19.99 for all-you-can-play passes. Ribbon cutting at 10am, doors at noon.
- Lyrics & Lawn Games at Sugar Land Town Square | Friday, April 29 | FREE – Jam out to ’80s music at one big backyard party featuring lawn games so everyone can have a rad time. 7:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Disney’s Encanto Movie Screening at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Friday, April 29 | FREE – Catch a live screening of Disney’s 2021 hit film, Encanto (PG), featuring music by Lin-Manuel Miranda—including the national earworm, “We Don’t Talk About Bruno.” 8:15pm.
- 100th Birthday Bash at Houston Zoo | Saturday, April 30 – Celebrate the cute, creepy, and beautiful animals at the Houston Zoo with their 100th Birthday Bash, where visitors can enjoy guest speakers, keeper chats, live ice carving, zoo history trivia and several other events in an all-day celebration. $24.95 and up. 9am to 5pm.
- Mad About You! Storytime at Children’s Museum Houston | Saturday, April 30 – Don’t be late for a very important date at Children’s Museum Houston. Celebrate an “unbirthday” with the Mad Hatter at this interactive experience where kiddos will make their very own crazy hat while learning to write rhymes and riddles. $15 for ages 1 and up. 10am to 4pm.
- The Grand Kids Fest at Grand 1894 Opera House in Galveston | Saturday, April 30 | FREE – Priding itself on introducing the arts to children of all ages, this kids festival offers live entertainment across two outdoor stages and the Grand’s historic indoor stage, plus more than 40 activity booths, hands-on art activities, inflatables, pony rides and more. 10am to 5pm.
- Conroe KidzFest in Downtown Conroe | Saturday, April 30 | FREE – Turn Saturday into a kid-friendly frenzy with inflatables, face painting, live music, game booths, water activities and more at the KidzFest. 10am to 5pm.
- Neighborhood Community Day at Menil Collection | Saturday, April 30 | FREE – The Menil Collection hosts a free outdoor afternoon of art, music, poetry, and family activities to celebrate the museum’s vibrant neighborhood. Noon to 5pm.
- Houston Wing Warbird Weekend at CAF Houston Wing Museum & Hangar | Saturday, April 30 & Sunday, May 1 – Get up close with over 25 warplanes from the WWII era and enjoy living history, music, food, and entertainment. $20. 10am to 4pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).