Updated: Sunday, April 17, 2022 at 8:25pm
Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Monday, April 18 to Sunday, April 24, 2022.
Your favorite nightlife guide is back to cure your weekly FOMO. We’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening all week long around Houston, from Monday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide in Houston: Get a Houston Nightlife This Week: April 18 to 24, 2022, 2022
- Lucky’s Pub Astros Fan HQ near Minute Maid Park | Monday, April 18 to Wednesday, April 20 | FREE – Kick off the Astros’ season with a block party–style shindig hosted by Lucky’s Pub in the parking lot across from Minute Maid. Though free, VIP admission is $50. 21+ only. 11am to 2am.
- Houston Astros vs. Los Angeles Angels at Minute Maid Park | Monday, April 18 to Wednesday, April 20 – At long last, it’s Opening Day at the ballpark when the Astros make their first home appearance of the delayed season in a three-game series with Los Angeles. Swing by early on Monday to enjoy the Astros Street Fest from 4pm to 6:30pm. $9 and up. Times vary.
- Comedian Carlos Mencia at Houston Improv | Friday, April 22 to Sunday, April 24 – Across four nights, the Mind of Mencia comedian takes the stage at West Houston’s Improv to rile up crowds with hilarious new material. Tickets are sold by the table; $50 for 2 and up. Showtimes vary.
- Astroworld Art Show at IAG Business Technology | Saturday, April 23 & Sunday, April 24 – Take a dose of nostalgia at this famil-friendly Astroworld-themed art show and vendor market that also includes live DJs and a mini museum with Astroworld props for countless photo ops. $10 each day. Noon to 6pm.
Monday, April 18, 2022
- Frost Town Sneak Peak & Home Opener Preview Party at Frost Town Brewing | No Cover – Just mere blocks away from Minute Maid, you can take in this exclusive, one-day event for Astros and brew fans alike to get a peek at the construction process and sample brews from the forthcoming Downtown brewery, all before the ‘Stros home opener. 4:30pm to 7:30pm.
Tuesday, April 19, 2022
- Tacos & Trivia Tuesday at True Anomaly Brewing | No Cover – Try your hand at trivia, including a round of space trivia, at the popular EaDo brewery founded by four guys from NASA. Tasty Mexican fare will be available courtesy of a local pop-up. 7:30pm.
Wednesday, April 20, 2022
- 420 Flower Fest at Rise Rooftop – Enjoy games, giveaways, food vendors, speakers, and live music from artists like Slim Thug, Ghost 11:11, Scott Paul, and more. $4.20 and up. 3pm to 10pm.
- 420 Celebration & Beer Release at Ingenious Brewing Co. – Enjoy new small batch beer releases, 420-themed trivia, vendors, and more at the clever Humble brewery 4pm to 10pm.
- HoneySuckle’s 420 Flower Hour at Railway Heights Market – The CBD and Delta-8 specialty shop located in Railway Heights Market presents the 420 Flower Hour, a festival that includes live music, food, and local vendors—including HoneySuckle’s very own canna cocktails—in the outdoor beer garden. $20; $75 VIP. 4:30pm to 9:30pm.
- 420 @ Post Houston – Explore a pop-up market of hemp-related vendor while listening to live DJs at a special 420 celebration in Downtown. 5pm to 9pm.
- Flying Saucer’s 420 Glass Release in Downtown – The Main Street mainstay offers up its latest annual 420 glass release, along with food pairings, giveaways, and more. 6pm.
- 4/20 Day at The Rustic Downtown – DJ Yunginternet spins along with specialty drinks, munchies and more at the Disco’ Green adjacent beer hall and live music venue. 6pm to 10pm.
- Jazz Night with Tim Ruiz Quartet – Groove to an evening of lively jazz tunes in Midtown’s backyard. 7pm to 10pm.
- An Evening with The California Honeydrops at Last Concert Cafe – The blues and R&B band performs live at funky venue in Downtown’s Warehouse District. 8:30pm.
Thursday, April 21, 2022
- Happy Hour Thursday at MFAH | No cover – Explore the MFAH campus, visit the galleries, and enjoy get a drink at the bar and dine on food truck bites. 5pm to 8pm.
- Get Fit Thursday at Urban South HTX Brewery – Join a yoga class, run club, and more, with beers after, at the Arts District Houston brewery. 6:15pm.
- Citizen Cope at House of Blues – Listen as grassroots singer-songwriter Citizen Cope takes the stage in support of his latest album, Heroin and Helicopters. $29.50 and up. 7pm.
- Pride Houston’s Moonlight Movie Screening at Rooftop Cinema Club – Take in a screening of the 2016 LBGTQ+ coming-of-age film starring Trevante Rhodes, André Holland, Janelle Monáe, and more. $18.50+. 7:30pm.
- Billy Strings at 713 Music Hall – Known for his bluegrass music, the Grammy Award-winning artist mixes it up with his latest album, Renewal, incorporating elements of heavy metal, classic rock, and psychedelic music. $39 and up. 8:30pm.
Friday, April 22, 2022
- Party on the Plaza: Claremont Heir at Avenida Houston | FREE – After a two-year hiatus, Party on the Plaza is back with alt rock band, Claremont Heir. 6pm to 9pm.
- Astroworld Art Show Sneak Preview Party – Get your first look—and first dibs—on original works of art inspired by Houston’s beloved and defunct Astroworld theme park, and enjoy swag, priority orders, and more. $25. 6pm to 10pm.
- Classic Numbers at Numbers Nightclub – Immerse yourself in the hits of the ’80s at the longest-running Friday night dance party in H-Town. Cover at the door. 9pm to 2am.
- Moon Boots at Bauhaus – Anjunadeep’s Moon Boots spins funk, soul, and more at the hip Downtown nightspot. 10pm to 2am.
Saturday, April 23, 2022
- Crawdads for ‘Merica at Southern Star Brewing Company – Enjoy all-you-can-eat crawfish, live music, vendors and kids activities at this Conroe brewery event benefiting the nonprofit Casualties of War Houston. $30. Noon to 7pm.
- The Ultimate Most Dopest Dodgeball Charity Challenge at Pitch 25 – The Ultimate Most Dopest Dodgeball Charity Challenge pits Houston sports stars and local celebrities against each other in a friendly dodgeball competition and fundraiser at Pitch 25 in EaDo. $25. 1pm to 5pm.
- Jazz Picnic in the Park with Tianna Hall in Downtown | FREE – Jazz singer-songwriter Tianna Hall performs at a beautiful Downtown Houston park in this concert series that provides a spring picnic basket for attendees, including charcuterie, sandwiches and a sweet treat. $90 per picnic for 2. 6pm.
- Charity Drag Show at Social Beer Club | No cover – Hosted by Lynn Adonis, enjoy a drag show with queens and plenty of nerdy references to anime and gaming. 7pm to 10pm.
- John Mayer in Concert at Toyota Center – The Grammy-winning guitarist and songwriter, arrives in Downtown Houston for his first tour in four years, coinciding with the summer 2021 release of Sob Rock. $50 and up. 7:30pm.
- Pom Pom Squad at Satellite Bar | Saturday, April 23 – The New York-based rock/grunge band passes through EaDo in support of their album, Death of a Cheerleader. $16. 8pm.
- Jxdn at Warehouse Live | Saturday, April 23 – Rising to prominence through TikTok, the Chattanooga pop punk singer comes to Warehouse, performing songs from his debut studio album, Tell Me About Tomorrow. $30. 8pm.
- Famous Drag Brunch at Bar Boheme – Boheme’s infamous drag brunch on the patio rages on with food, drinks, and over-the-top surprises. 11am to 5pm.
- H-Town Throwdown at Karbach Brewing | No cover – Live Action Wrestling presents the H-Town Throwdown with the Law Championship on the line in a tables, ladders, and chairs match at Karbach. 1pm.
- The Brunch Mixer & Market at Pitch 25 Beer Park | No cover – Enjoy brunch, drinks, free yoga and fitness classes, plus shopping from local businesses, artisans, and food vendors. 11am to 6pm.
- Houston Latin Fest at Midtown Park | No Cover – Enjoy the Houston Latin Fest, a family-oriented cultural festival that provides the surrounding Latin communities a place to gather, listen, and dance to live entertainment in Midtown Park. $10 and up. 1pm to 10pm.
- Highclear in Concert at Walking Stick Brewing Company | No cover – Spend an afternoon with Zach and Jordan of Highclear as they perform a mix of their acoustic covers and original music. 3pm to 6pm.
- Pinegrove in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – New Jersey-based alt indie band Pinegrove takes the stage to play material from their latest album, 11:11. $25. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).