Updated: Sunday, April 17, 2022 at 8:25pm
Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Monday, April 18 to Sunday, April 24, 2022.
Your favorite nightlife guide is back to cure your weekly FOMO. We’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening all week long around Houston, from Monday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide in Houston: Get a Houston Nightlife This Week: April 18 to 24, 2022, 2022
- Lucky’s Pub Astros Fan HQ near Minute Maid Park | Monday, April 18 to Wednesday, April 20 | FREE – Kick off the Astros’ season with a block party–style shindig hosted by Lucky’s Pub in the parking lot across from Minute Maid. Though free, VIP admission is $50. 21+ only. 11am to 2am.
- Houston Astros vs. Los Angeles Angels at Minute Maid Park | Monday, April 18 to Wednesday, April 20 – At long last, it’s Opening Day at the ballpark when the Astros make their first home appearance of the delayed season in a three-game series with Los Angeles. Swing by early on Monday to enjoy the Astros Street Fest from 4pm to 6:30pm. $9 and up. Times vary.
- Comedian Carlos Mencia at Houston Improv | Friday, April 22 to Sunday, April 24 – Across four nights, the Mind of Mencia comedian takes the stage at West Houston’s Improv to rile up crowds with hilarious new material. Tickets are sold by the table; $50 for 2 and up. Showtimes vary.
- Astroworld Art Show at IAG Business Technology | Saturday, April 23 & Sunday, April 24 – Take a dose of nostalgia at this famil-friendly Astroworld-themed art show and vendor market that also includes live DJs and a mini museum with Astroworld props for countless photo ops. $10 each day. Noon to 6pm.
Monday, April 18, 2022
- Frost Town Sneak Peak & Home Opener Preview Party at Frost Town Brewing | No Cover – Just mere blocks away from Minute Maid, you can take in this exclusive, one-day event for Astros and brew fans alike to get a peek at the construction process and sample brews from the forthcoming Downtown brewery, all before the ‘Stros home opener. 4:30pm to 7:30pm.
Tuesday, April 19, 2022
- Tacos & Trivia Tuesday at True Anomaly Brewing | No Cover – Try your hand at trivia, including a round of space trivia, at the popular EaDo brewery founded by four guys from NASA. Tasty Mexican fare will be available courtesy of a local pop-up. 7:30pm.
Wednesday, April 20, 2022
- 420 Flower Fest at Rise Rooftop – Enjoy games, giveaways, food vendors, speakers, and live music from artists like Slim Thug, Ghost 11:11, Scott Paul, and more. $4.20 and up. 3pm to 10pm.
- 420 Celebration & Beer Release at Ingenious Brewing Co. – Enjoy new small batch beer releases, 420-themed trivia, vendors, and more at the clever Humble brewery 4pm to 10pm.
- HoneySuckle’s 420 Flower Hour at Railway Heights Market – The CBD and Delta-8 specialty shop located in Railway Heights Market presents the 420 Flower Hour, a festival that includes live music, food, and local vendors—including HoneySuckle’s very own canna cocktails—in the outdoor beer garden. $20; $75 VIP. 4:30pm to 9:30pm.
- 420 @ Post Houston – Explore a pop-up market of hemp-related vendor while listening to live DJs at a special 420 celebration in Downtown. 5pm to 9pm.
- Flying Saucer’s 420 Glass Release in Downtown – The Main Street mainstay offers up its latest annual 420 glass release, along with food pairings, giveaways, and more. 6pm.
- 4/20 Day at The Rustic Downtown – DJ Yunginternet spins along with specialty drinks, munchies and more at the Disco’ Green adjacent beer hall and live music venue. 6pm to 10pm.
- Jazz Night with Tim Ruiz Quartet – Groove to an evening of lively jazz tunes in Midtown’s backyard. 7pm to 10pm.
- An Evening with The California Honeydrops at Last Concert Cafe – The blues and R&B band performs live at funky venue in Downtown’s Warehouse District. 8:30pm.
Thursday, April 21, 2022
- Happy Hour Thursday at MFAH | No cover – Explore the MFAH campus, visit the galleries, and enjoy get a drink at the bar and dine on food truck bites. 5pm to 8pm.
- Get Fit Thursday at Urban South HTX Brewery – Join a yoga class, run club, and more, with beers after, at the Arts District Houston brewery. 6:15pm.
- Citizen Cope at House of Blues – Listen as grassroots singer-songwriter Citizen Cope takes the stage in support of his latest album, Heroin and Helicopters. $29.50 and up. 7pm.
- Pride Houston’s Moonlight Movie Screening at Rooftop Cinema Club – Take in a screening of the 2016 LBGTQ+ coming-of-age film starring Trevante Rhodes, André Holland, Janelle Monáe, and more. $18.50+. 7:30pm.
- Billy Strings at 713 Music Hall – Known for his bluegrass music, the Grammy Award-winning artist mixes it up with his latest album, Renewal, incorporating elements of heavy metal, classic rock, and psychedelic music. $39 and up. 8:30pm.
Friday, April 22, 2022
- Party on the Plaza: Claremont Heir at Avenida Houston | FREE – After a two-year hiatus, Party on the Plaza is back with alt rock band, Claremont Heir. 6pm to 9pm.
- Astroworld Art Show Sneak Preview Party – Get your first look—and first dibs—on original works of art inspired by Houston’s beloved and defunct Astroworld theme park, and enjoy swag, priority orders, and more. $25. 6pm to 10pm.
- Classic Numbers at Numbers Nightclub – Immerse yourself in the hits of the ’80s at the longest-running Friday night dance party in H-Town. Cover at the door. 9pm to 2am.
- Moon Boots at Bauhaus – Anjunadeep’s Moon Boots spins funk, soul, and more at the hip Downtown nightspot. 10pm to 2am.
Saturday, April 23, 2022
- Crawdads for ‘Merica at Southern Star Brewing Company – Enjoy all-you-can-eat crawfish, live music, vendors and kids activities at this Conroe brewery event benefiting the nonprofit Casualties of War Houston. $30. Noon to 7pm.
- The Ultimate Most Dopest Dodgeball Charity Challenge at Pitch 25 – The Ultimate Most Dopest Dodgeball Charity Challenge pits Houston sports stars and local celebrities against each other in a friendly dodgeball competition and fundraiser at Pitch 25 in EaDo. $25. 1pm to 5pm.
- Jazz Picnic in the Park with Tianna Hall in Downtown | FREE – Jazz singer-songwriter Tianna Hall performs at a beautiful Downtown Houston park in this concert series that provides a spring picnic basket for attendees, including charcuterie, sandwiches and a sweet treat. $90 per picnic for 2. 6pm.
- Charity Drag Show at Social Beer Club | No cover – Hosted by Lynn Adonis, enjoy a drag show with queens and plenty of nerdy references to anime and gaming. 7pm to 10pm.
- John Mayer in Concert at Toyota Center – The Grammy-winning guitarist and songwriter, arrives in Downtown Houston for his first tour in four years, coinciding with the summer 2021 release of Sob Rock. $50 and up. 7:30pm.
- Pom Pom Squad at Satellite Bar | Saturday, April 23 – The New York-based rock/grunge band passes through EaDo in support of their album, Death of a Cheerleader. $16. 8pm.
- Jxdn at Warehouse Live | Saturday, April 23 – Rising to prominence through TikTok, the Chattanooga pop punk singer comes to Warehouse, performing songs from his debut studio album, Tell Me About Tomorrow. $30. 8pm.
Sunday, April 24, 2022
- Famous Drag Brunch at Bar Boheme – Boheme’s infamous drag brunch on the patio rages on with food, drinks, and over-the-top surprises. 11am to 5pm.
- H-Town Throwdown at Karbach Brewing | No cover – Live Action Wrestling presents the H-Town Throwdown with the Law Championship on the line in a tables, ladders, and chairs match at Karbach. 1pm.
- The Brunch Mixer & Market at Pitch 25 Beer Park | No cover – Enjoy brunch, drinks, free yoga and fitness classes, plus shopping from local businesses, artisans, and food vendors. 11am to 6pm.
- Houston Latin Fest at Midtown Park | No Cover – Enjoy the Houston Latin Fest, a family-oriented cultural festival that provides the surrounding Latin communities a place to gather, listen, and dance to live entertainment in Midtown Park. $10 and up. 1pm to 10pm.
- Highclear in Concert at Walking Stick Brewing Company | No cover – Spend an afternoon with Zach and Jordan of Highclear as they perform a mix of their acoustic covers and original music. 3pm to 6pm.
- Pinegrove in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – New Jersey-based alt indie band Pinegrove takes the stage to play material from their latest album, 11:11. $25. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).
Click here to sign up for free.