Build out an exciting week with our picks for the best kid-friendly things to do in and around Houston from Monday, April 18 to Sunday, April 24, 2022.
This week, pound some pavement in run events around town, celebrate Earth Day, catch the final days of Peter Pan and friends, wave wands to Harry Potter tunes, and more.
Do you know an event that could make the list? Drop us a line at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Top 11 Things To Do for Kids & Families in Houston This Week
- Rhyme & Reason: A Celebration of Black History at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Wednesday, April 20 | FREE – Learn about Black history from ancient Africa to today, through music, dance and performance poetry. 11am.
- Peter Pan Jr. at Inspiration Stage | Friday, April 22 to Sunday, April 24 – Go on an adventure with Peter Pan and his sparkling sidekick, Tinkerbell, all the way to Neverland in this performance that takes place across four shows in one weekend. $10 and up. Showtimes vary.
- Walk With Me 5k Family Fun Walk at Houston Zoo | Saturday, April 23 – This noncompetitive family-friendly 5K sends walkers through the Houston Zoo, with an after party at the Masihara Pavilion, where you can enjoy children’s activities, music, food, drink and more. Proceeds go toward helping individuals with disabilities obtain services to reach their fullest potential. Registration is free, but each walker must raise a minimum of $50 to participate. 7am to 10:30am.
- Run the Grove 5K in Timbergrove | Saturday, April 23 – The annual 5K returns to Greater Heights, helping to raise funds for community parks and future events. $45 in advance; $50 day of race. Kids Fun Run is $25; $30 day of race. 8am.
- Houston Symphony presents Wands & Wizards at Jones Hall | Saturday, April 23 – Wave your wands to magical music from Harry Potter, The Wizard of Oz, and The Sorcerer’s Apprentice in this concert series perfect for ages 3 and up at Jones Hall. $24. 10am.
- Earth Day Celebration at Houston Arboretum & Nature Center | Saturday, April 23 | FREE – Celebrate the beautiful planet of Earth with a family-friendly event that features poetry, drawing, photography and more. Explore informative booths and fun displays in the Discovery Room, take a nature hike, and get hands-on with Earth-friendly crafts and activities. Free to attend. 10am to 2pm.
- Earth Day at Children’s Museum Houston | Saturday, April 23 – Celebrate Earth Day with fun, nature-themed projects, demonstrations, and experiments all day long at Children’s Museum Houston. $15 for ages 1 and up. 10am to 6pm.
- HPL’s Earth Day Festival at Barbara Bush Literacy Plaza | Saturday, April 23 | FREE – Enjoy an Earth Day event with story time, dance performances, music, films, and Earth-friendly art activities at this first annual Houston Public Library event. 11:15am to 3pm.
- Ultimate Most Dopest Dodgeball Charity Challenge at Pitch 25 | Saturday, April 23 – The Ultimate Most Dopest Dodgeball Charity Challenge pits Houston sports stars and local celebrities against each other in a friendly dodgeball competition and fundraiser at Pitch 25 in EaDo. $25. 1pm to 5pm.
- Kaleidoscope Festival at Sugar Land Town Square | Saturday, April 23 | FREE – Commemorate the grand opening of the immersive Department of Wonder experience at Sugar Land Town Square with a musical and theatrical performance by Texas choral rock group Polyphonic Spree, plus interactive activities, art exhibits, a kid’s disco dance party, and more. 6pm to 9pm.
- Houston Texans Kids Triathlon at Typhoon Texas | Saturday, April 23 & Sunday, April 24 – Over 2,000 kids will swim, bike, and run in this annual event held on back-to-back days that includes a free ticket to the waterpark with race completion. $90. 7am.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).