Take a tour of H-Town’s weekend highlights with the 365 Houston guide to the best things to do in Houston this weekend, from Friday, April 15 to Easter Sunday, April 17, 2022.
Every weekend, Houston has plenty of happenings to be found around town—but which ones are the highlights that can help you plan an enjoyable weekend of outings?
We’ve whittled down our extensive Weekend Guide to offer you some of our favorite things to look forward to from Friday to Sunday.
Looking for more things to do? Dig deeper for all of our weekend picks with the 365 Houston Weekend Guide, or comb through our Calendar for even more events, activities, and things to do this weekend.
The 15 Best Things to Do in Houston This Weekend: April 15 to 17, 2022
- The Infinite Experience at Silver Street Studios | Daily | Final Weekend – In its final week, this breathtaking VR experience sends visitors to the edge of outer space aboard the International Space Station, where they can learn about life as an astronaut and take in stunning views of Earth and the cosmos that surrounds us. Save 30% on tickets with promo code EASTER30 from Thursday, April 14 through Easter Sunday, April 17, 2022. Before discounts, prices are $36, with lower prices for students and you youth. Times vary.
- 2022 Dance Salad Festival at Wortham Theater Center | Thursday, April 14 to Saturday, April 16 – A beloved celebration of dance in all its forms, the festival returns for its 25th year. Each performance offers a different company and style of dance. Among those appearing are Hofesh Shechter Company from London, which will offer Grand Finale, and the Royal Danish Ballet’s Kammerballetten performances. $27 and up. 7:30pm each night.
- Comedian Erik Griffin at Houston Improv | Thursday, April 14 to Saturday, April 16 – A fan fave for his roles as Montez on Workaholics and in Showtime’s I’m Dying Up Here, the veteran comedian and actor sets up for three straight nights of laugh-a-minute comedy. Tickets are sold by the table; $40 for 2 and up. Showtimes vary.
- Men’s Final Four Truck Roll-In at Discovery Green | Friday, April 15 | FREE – The interactive pop-up truck arrives in Houston to pass the Men’s Final Four host city torch from New Orleans to Houston. Activities include basketball goals, photo opportunities with Final Four trophy, giveaways, and more. Noon to 4pm.
- Closing Reception: Houston Rockets x CAMH at Contemporary Arts Museum Houston | Friday, April 15 | FREE – Celebrate CAMH’s recent collaboration with the Houston Rockets at a closing reception of the pop-up exhibition, Houston Rockets x CAMH. 6:30pm to 7:30pm.
- Lunar Evening: A Night Under the Stars at Blossom Hotel Houston | Friday, April 15 – Take to the rooftop of this Medical Center boutique hotel for an evening of stargazing with Houston Astronomical Society, topped off with beer tastings from True Anomaly Brewing and gourmet bits from Blossom Hotel’s talent culinary staff. $35. 7:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Lil Durk in Concert at Bayou Music Center | Friday, April 15 – Coming off the March 2022 release of his chart-topping studio album, 7220, the Chicago rapper swings through Downtown in support. $69 and up. 8pm.
- Umami Fest at Aveva Stadium | Saturday, April 16 – This umami-packed, Asian-inspired food festival and night market will rock street food and merchandise vendors, artists, night market games and prizes, and entertainment. This year’s lineup of vendors includes Beard Papas, Mama’s Thai Lao, Migo Saigon Food Street, The Pho Fix, The Teahouse Tapioca and Tea, and a whole lot more. Noon to 10pm.
- Love Street Music Fest at Karbach Brewing Co. | Saturday, April 16 – Feel the groove as Karbach’s popular live music fest takeover the biergarten, with live performances by Mt. Joy, Living Colour, Nané, and Moving Panoramas. $40; $125 VIP. 3pm to 10pm.
- Houston Dynamo FC vs. Portland Timbers at PNC Stadium | Saturday, April 16 – The runners up in last year’s MLS Cup Final, the Portland Timbers, arrive to face a surging Dynamo squad in a Western Conference showdown. $16 and up. 5pm.
- Road to River Revival Music Fest at Market Square Park | Saturday, April 16 | FREE – Powerhouse soul singer LaTasha Lee and Texas guitarist Aaron Stephens take the stage in Downtown’s Market Square Park for the Road to River Revival concert series. 6:30pm.
- Comedian Nikki Glaser at 713 Music Hall | Saturday, April 16 – A frequent roaster on Comedy Central, comedian and podcast host Nikki Glaser can also be seen in her upcoming reality show on E!, Welcome Home Nikki Glaser? Now, she’ll take the stage at 713 Music Hall in Post HTX to share her latest material. $34 and up. 7pm.
- Maze with Frankie Beverly & the Isley Brothers in Concert at Toyota Center | Saturday, April 16 – Superheros of soul come together for a double-headlining show in Downtown, featuring hits like “Can’t Get Over You” and “It’s Your Thing.” $69.50 and up. 7:30pm.
- Easter Egg Hunts, Brunches & Events Around Greater Houston | Saturday, April 16 & Easter Sunday, April 17 | Some FREE – Although the big day itself lands on April 17 this year, events start kicking in the weekend before, with special brunches and dinners on Easter Day itself. Places, prices, and times vary.
- 7th Annual Flying Saucer Easter Keg Hunt at Flying Saucer Downtown | Easter Sunday, April 17 | No Cover – Scour the Downtown area around the Flying Saucer in a family-friendly scavenger hunt that doles out a grand prize of a $150 gift card, plus other swag from Eureka Heights Brewing and more. 1pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday.
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).