Updated: Thursday, April 14, 2022 at 1:27am.
Find the perfect things to do in H-Town with our Houston Easter Weekend Guide for Thursday, April 14 through Easter Sunday, April 17, 2022.
Add an Event, Offer or Attraction
Have a truly unique event, attraction, or offering that we missed? Let us know at [email protected] or order a Boosted Calendar Listing and we’ll add it within one business day (usually sooner). We also have more robust campaigns that will move the needle in attendance for concerts, festivals, markets, attractions, restaurants, and more. Contact us at [email protected] to learn more.
Things to Do All Easter Weekend Long
- The Infinite Immersive Experience at Silver Street Studios | Daily | Save 30% | Final Weekend – In its final week, this breathtaking VR experience sends visitors to the edge of outer space aboard the International Space Station, where they can learn about life as an astronaut and take in stunning views of Earth and the cosmos that surrounds us. Save 30% on tickets with promo code EASTER30 from Thursday, April 14 through Easter Sunday, April 17, 2022. Before discounts, prices are $36, with lower prices for students and you youth. Times vary.
- Sugar Land Space Cowboys vs. Round Rock Express at Constellation Field | Daily – The new-look Space Cowboys (formerly the Sugar Land Skeeters) take the field for the first time this season and the only time in April. They’ll wrap up this six-game series with the Round Rock Express to start the Triple A season. $7 and up. Times vary.
- Mico’s Hot Chicken Food Truck Tour: The Galleria | Daily – The popular Nashville hot chicken outpost in the Heights is brining its tasty tenders and sandwiches around H-Town in April, setting up this week in Uptown through Sunday. 11:30am to 7:30pm daily.
- Disney on Ice presents Mickey’s Search Party at NRG Stadium | Daily – Join Mickey Mouse and his Disney friends on adventures filled with world-class skating, high-flying acrobatics, and unexpected stunts. $25 and up. Times vary.
- Comedian Erik Griffin at Houston Improv | Thursday to Saturday – Houston Improv welcomes actor, comedian, writer, and podcaster Erik Griffin, best known for his work as the mustachioed Montez Walker on the hit Comedy Central series Workaholics and his series regular role in Showtime’s I’m Dying Up Here. Tickets sold by the table; $40 for 2 and up. Times vary.
- 2022 Dance Salad Festival at Wortham Center | Thursday to Saturday – Celebrate the art of dance in all its forms when the Dance Salad Festival returns for its 25th year. Among those appearing is the Hofesh Shechter Company from London, which will provide the Grand Finale, and the Royal Danish Ballet’s Kammerballetten performances. $27 and up. 7:30pm.
- EggTivites at the Woodlands Children’s Museum | Friday & Saturday – Kids are welcome to delight in egg dyeing, creating a bunny mask, embellishing egg carton baskets, and snapping photos with the Easter Bunny. $7 for ages 1 and up. 10am to 2pm.
- The Riot Comedy Show presents Ahamed Weinberg at Rudyard’s | Friday & Saturday – Best known for his appearances on Comedy Central and Late Night with Seth Meyers, Weinberg takes the stage for two nights at Rudyard’s. $15 and up. Times vary.
- Houston Symphony presents Beethoven’s Eroica & Liszt at Jones Hall | Friday & Saturday – Led by one of today’s young conducting stars, Rafael Payare, experience Beethoven’s Eroica Symphony and Piano Concerto No.2 by Franz Liszt. $29 and up. 8pm.
- International Gem & Jewelry Show at NRG Center | Friday to Sunday – The International Gem & Jewelry Show returns with a variety of artisans, manufacturers and vendors for wholesale and retail. $6 in advance; $8 at door. Times vary.
- Easter Weekend at Kemah Boardwalk | Friday to Sunday | No Cover – Kemah Boardwalk hosts a 3-day Easter Weekend complete with an egg hunt, an Easter egg cookie decorating workshop, performers, and the Easter Bunny. Though no cover, $5 for the egg hunt (ages 8 and under). Noon to 9pm.
Easter Events, Selena Tributes & More Event Destinations
- Selena Tribute Parties, Shows & Events Around Houston | Thursday & Friday | Some FREE – Bidi Bidi Bom Bom your way to tribute performances, shows, and more celebrating the Queen of Tejano. Times, prices, and locations vary.
- Easter Egg Hunts & Family Activities in Greater Houston | Friday to Sunday – Take to our picks for a weekend of family-friendly Easter fun, including egg hunts, craft activities, petting zoos and more, at these Greater Houston destinations. Times, prices, and locations vary.
- Outdoor Markets & Pop-Up Shopping Events Around Greater Houston | Daily | Most No Cover – With so many to choose from these days, you can browse, explore, and shop at one or all of Houston’s multiplying outdoor markets, many with live entertainment, food trucks, and other distractions. Dates, times, locations and prices vary.
- Limited Time Museum Exhibits & Art Installations Around Greater Houston | Daily | Many FREE – Explore the many striking, stunning, and diverse exhibits exploring history, science, art, culture, and creativity around the Greater Houston metro area. Times, dates, locations, and prices vary.
- Top 12 Restaurant & Bar Patios in Houston | Daily – When the good weather hits, we’re picking from these dozen spots across Houston to enjoy the outdoors while dining, drinking and catching some stunning views.
Ongoing Theater Shows & Arts Performances
Many plays, musicals, and other stage shows span multiple weeks. Scroll down to find new shows opening this week, then ongoing performances, followed by shows that are wrapping up this weekend.
- Single Black Female at Ensemble Theatre | Daily | Opening Weekend – Have a laugh when The Ensemble Theatre presents the regional premiere of Single Black Female. The hilarious two-woman show explores the lives of thirty-something African American women as they look for love, the perfect outfit, and a sense of dignity in a world that refuses to acknowledge them. $37 and up. Showtimes vary.
- Classical Theatre Company presents The War of the Worlds at the DeLuxe Theater | Daily | Opening Weekend – CTC presents its production of The War of the Worlds, a story of invaders from Mars originally published in 1898. Turned into a radio drama, the play stunned and terrified listeners in the 1930s, and across its 120-year life, it’s been immortalized in comic books, movies, and more. $25 and up. Showtimes vary.
- Dead Man’s Cell Phone at Alley Theatre | Friday to Sunday | Opening Weekend – Enjoy this off-the-wall play about the odyssey of a woman forced to confront her assumptions about morality, redemption, and the need to connect in a technologically obsessed world. $43 and up. Showtimes vary.
- Stop Kiss at Theatre Southwest | Friday & Saturday | Opening Weekend – A play about how lives can suddenly change without warning. After Callie meets Sara, their first kiss provokes a violent attack that transforms their lives. $18 and up. Showtimes vary.
- Catastrophic Theatre presents The Book of Grace at MATCH | Daily | Ongoing – Written by Pulitzer-winning playwright Suzan-Lori Parks, this production explores border town life in south Texas, familial strife, and the subsequent release from past trauma. Tickets are pay-what-you-can; suggested price of $35, more if you have it and less if you don’t. Showtimes vary.
- Dog Act at Main Street Theater | Daily | Closing Weekend – Main Street Theater presents Dog Act, a dark comedy variation on the classic doomsday genre, at its home theater in Rice Village. Zetta Stone, a traveling performer, and her companion Dog wander through the former northeastern United States with their small vaudeville-esque troupe on their way to a gig in China, assuming they can find it. $35 and up. Showtimes vary.
- 4th Wall Theatre Company presents Gloria at Spring Street Studios | Thursday to Saturday | Closing Weekend – From 4th Wall Theatre comes this workplace comedy that follows the adventures of an ambitious group of editorial assistants at a notorious New York magazine. $32 and up. Showtimes vary.
Tickets to Houston Pro Sports Games
- Houston Astros Home Games at Minute Maid Park | 2022 Tickets on Sale | Sponsored − Save on 2022 Astros games with cheaper, better or hard-to-find seats on the online resale market.
- Houston Dynamo Home Games at PNC Stadium | 2022 Tickets on Sale | Sponsored − Save on 2022 Dynamo games with cheaper, better or hard-to-find seats on the online resale market.
Thursday, April 14, 2022
- Crime Stoppers of Houston: 2022 Houston’s Heroes Luncheon at Royal Sonesta Hotel – Crimestoppers of Houston hosts its fundraising luncheon that honors individuals and organizations who’ve given exemplary service to make Houston a safer place to live, work, learn, and play. $250. Noon.
- Happy Hour Thursday at Museum of Fine Arts, Houston | No Cover – Meet friends at the MFAH for happy hour, when general admission is free. Explore the campus, visit the galleries, and get a drink at the bar. 5pm to 7pm.
- Karaoke Night in the Brewery at SpindleTap Brewery | No Cover – The North Houston brewery hosts a Karaoke Night, powered by Karaoke Party Machine. Every singer gets a beer token for the first song they sing. 6pm to 10pm.
- The Interpreters Movie Screening at MATCH | FREE – The Inspire Film Festival presents The Interpreters, an award-winning documentary about the aftermath of the war in Afghanistan. 6:30pm.
- Epicurean Evening: A Taste of the Gulf at Moody Gardens Convention Center – Enjoy an evening of tastes and sips from more than 50 restaurants on Galveston Island. $45 and up. 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Comedian Nigel NG at House of Blues – House of Blues welcomes Nigel Ng, known for his viral “Uncle Roger” video, who brings The Haiyaa World Tour to the Downtown venue for a night of comedy. $35. 7pm.
- Dirty River Boys in Concert at Heritage Place | FREE – Enjoy a free concert by the Dirty River Boys, with food trucks on-site, at the Conroe Market at Heritage Place. 7pm.
- Trivia Night at City Orchard | No Cover – City Orchard and Geeks Who Drink host a weekly Thursday trivia night at the Cider taproom in Arts District Houston. There will be drinks, eats, and prizes. 7pm.
- Samba Dance Class at Midtown Park | FREE – Midtown Houston invites Houstonians to learn a popular Brazilian dance style in an exciting class provided by the Brazilian Cultural Institute. Free with registration. 7pm.
- Thursday Concert Series: Negami & Amanda Solis at Discovery Green | FREE – Listen to the sounds of Houston Tejano band Negami and Selena tribute artist Amanda Solis. 7pm to 9:30pm.
- Shepherd School of Music presents Mozart’s Don Giovanni at Rice University – Enjoy a night of opera at the new Brockman Hall for Opera on the Rice University campus. $40 and up. 7:30pm.
- Jesse Cook in Concert at the Stafford Center – Join Canadian guitarist Jesse Cook in Stafford as he takes the stage on his Tempest II Tour. $31.25 and up. 8pm.
- More Great Things to Do All Weekend Long – Some of the biggest things to do are happening all weekend long. Scroll up and see our list, or browse Houston Experiences to save on museum passes, tours, and more.
Friday, April 15, 2022
- Family Movie on the Plaza: Hop at Houston Public Library | FREE – Bring the kiddos over to Houston Public Library Downtown for a screening of the 2011 movie, Hop. Noon.
- Men’s Final Four Truck Roll-In at Discovery Green | FREE – The interactive pop-up truck arrives in Houston to pass the Men’s Final Four host city torch from New Orleans to Houston. Activities include basketball goals, photo opportunities with Final Four trophy, giveaways, and more. Noon to 4pm.
- Main Street Theater presents Charlotte’s Web at MATCH – Enjoy the story of a wise and kind spider named Charlotte who devises a plan to save her friend, Wilbur the pig. $26. 1:30pm.
- Apricity Solo Exhibition Opening Reception at the Grogan Gallery | FREE – The Grogan Gallery hosts an Opening Reception for Apricity, featuring the works of Texas sculptor Jeffie Brewer. He will be in attendance at the gallery. 6pm to 9pm.
- Flamenco Night at Boheme | No Cover – Dance and sing along as Solero Flamenco performs live at Bar Boheme in Montrose. 6:30pm.
- Closing Reception: Houston Rockets x CAMH at Contemporary Arts Museum Houston | FREE – Celebrate CAMH’s recent collaboration with the Houston Rockets at a closing reception of the pop-up exhibition, Houston Rockets x CAMH. 6:30pm to 7:30pm.
- Lunar Evening: A Night Under the Stars at Blossom Hotel Houston – Take to the rooftop of this Medical Center boutique hotel for an evening of stargazing with Houston Astronomical Society, topped off with beer tastings from True Anomaly Brewing and gourmet bits from Blossom Hotel’s talent culinary staff. $35. 7:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Friday Night Live: Holy Hell in Concert at Eureka Heights | FREE – Local country punk darlings Holy Hell perform live at Eureka Heights Brewery. 7:30pm to 10pm.
- America in Concert at Miller Outdoor Theatre | FREE – Miller Outdoor Theatre welcomes a free and uncommon local stop from the band America’s 50th anniversary tour. Seating on the lawn is open to the public; covered seating requires a free ticket. 8pm.
- Lil Durk in Concert at Bayou Music Center – Coming off the March 2022 release of his chart-topping studio album, 7220, the Chicago rapper swings through Downtown in support. $69 and up. 8pm.
- Moonchild in Concert at Warehouse Live – Warehouse Live welcomes the alternative R&B band, Moonchild for a live set. $26 and up. 8pm.
- K-Pop Friday at the Secret Group | FREE for 21+ – Houston DJ Hydeheart spins BTS, Blackpink, and other K-Pop artists at the Secret Group in EaDo. Free for ages 21 and up; $20 for ages 18 to 20. 9pm.
- Dale Watson in Concert at Last Concert Café – Enjoy a live set from country musician Dale Watson, along with Chicken $#!+ Bingo and a chance to win prizes like Houston Astros tickets, admission to any show at Last Concert Café, and cash prizes. $18 and up. 9pm.
- David Graham & the Eskimo Brothers in Concert at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck – The Upper Kirby venue welcomes country music act David Graham & the Eskimo Brothers for a late show. $30 and up. 9:30pm.
- Tribute to Selena Concert at Neon Boots Dancehall & Saloon – Celebrate the birthday of Tejano singer Selena Quintanilla with a live performance by the Amazing Selena Tribute Band at Neon Boots Dancehall & Saloon in Spring Branch. $10 in advance; $15 at the door. 10pm.
- More Great Things to Do All Weekend Long – Some of the biggest things to do in Houston are happening all weekend long. Scroll up to see our list, or browse Houston Experiences to save on museum passes, tours, and more.
Add Your Event
Don’t see your event? Order a Boosted Calendar Listing and we’ll add it within one business day. Or contact our advertising team to learn about larger campaigns, including bulk and discount options.