Get out and feel the sunshine while you take a look at our picks for the best kid-friendly things to do in and around Houston from Monday, April 4 to Sunday, April 10, 2022.
This week, watch wild and crazy cars stroll through the city, start up with some early Easter egg-tivities, catch the ‘Stros for the first time this season, and more.
Do you know an event that could make the list? Drop us a line at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Top 12 Things To Do for Kids & Families in Houston This Week
- Tales of Texas at George Ranch Historical Park | Saturday, April 9 – See stories of the Texas Revolution come to life at the Fort Bend historical park in a morning of re-enactments featuring costumed actors. $15; $10 for ages 4 to 12. 9am.
- 35th Annual Houston Art Car Parade in Downtown | Saturday, April 9 | FREE – One of Houston’s most beloved events is back this spring. The Houston Art Car Parade is the largest celebration of its kind in the world with over 250 cars, featuring some extraordinarily creative and interesting vehicles. The whole family is invited to the Kids Creative Zone for a wild array of art activities. 11am.
- 9th Annual MusicFest at the Willow Waterhole Greenway | Saturday, April 9 | FREE – Southwest Houston will again host the annual MusicFest, which features a diverse lineup of R&B, blues, Texas country, Latin salsa and more, on stage at the Willow Waterhole Greenway. The venue is also a popular spot to snap photos with Texas bluebonnets, so you’ll find a great chance for a family photo op. 11am to 8pm.
- Family Day In The Park at Sylvester Turner Park | Saturday, April 9 | FREE – The 14th Annual Family Day in the Park features live music from J-Paul Jr. and the Zydeco Nubreeds, baseball games, food and beverages available for purchase, and plenty of family activities at Sylvester Turner Park near Acres Homes. 2pm to 6pm.
- Cirque Zuma Zuma at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Saturday, April 9 | FREE – For over 15 years, the Zuma Zuma have redefined audience perceptions of African acrobatics through stunning feats performed by incredible athletes that are experts in precision, tumbling, somersaulting and gymnastics. Coming to Miller Outdoor’s stage, this exciting show is heightened by African music, drumming, dance and chants that will have the crowd joining in. Seating on the lawn is open to the public; covered seating requires a free ticket. 8pm.
- Dinosaur Adventure at George R. Brown Convention Center | Saturday, April 9 & Sunday, April 10 – Walk among the dinosaurs when this kid-friendly favorite stomps it way back to Downtown’s George R. Brown. This roaring exhibition features realistic, life-sized dinosaurs that come alive with life-like movement. Children of all ages can enjoy a variety of activities like fossil crafting, themed obstacle courses, a baby dinosaur meet-and-greet, and more. $25 and up; free for ages under 2. Saturday 9am to 8pm; Sunday 9am to 7pm.
- Easter EGG-Stravaganza at Blessington Farms | Saturday, April 9 & Sunday, April 10 – The sprawling farm west of Fulshear hosts four days of Easter egg hunts, along with access to all the family fun Blessington is known for, including hayrides, barrel trains, giant slides, animal encounters and more. $24; free for ages 2 and under; egg hunt is $3. 10am to 5pm.
- 2022 Woodlands Waterway Arts Festival at Town Green Park | Saturday, April 9 & Sunday, April 10 – The Woodlands Arts Council presents the 2-day Woodlands Waterway Arts Festival at Town Green Park and along the Woodlands Waterway. The outdoor fine arts show features more than 200 local, national and international artists selling their original art in a variety of mediums. Now in its 17th year, the festival also features art activities for all ages, live music, entertainment, and food and drink throughout the weekend. $15 per day; $20 for a weekend pass; free for ages 12 and under. 10am to 6pm.
- Easter Farm Days at P-6 Farms | Sunday, April 10 – In Montgomery, P-6 Farms returns with Easter family fun, hosting four days of egg hunts and meet-and-greets with the Easter Bunny. You can also check out other fun activities, like vintage amusement rides, farm attractions, duck races, games and more. $12.95; free for ages 2 and under. 10am to 5pm.
- Earth Day at Discovery Green | Sunday, April 10 | FREE – The Downtown park hosts live bird demonstrations from Last Chance Forever and Wildlife Center of Texas, along with plenty more exhibitors at this Earth Day event that showcases the diversity of birds in the region and better ways for us to coexist in the city with our fine-feathered friends. Noon to 5pm.
- Astros FanFest at Minute Maid Park | Sunday, April 10 – The annual family-friendly FanFest returns to Minute Maid, giving fans an afternoon of ballpark fun, including autograph sessions, photo ops, games and more, plus a watch party to follow as the Astros close out their opening series of the season in Anaheim. $1. 1pm to 3pm.
- SPA presents Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood Live at Jones Hall | Sunday, April 10 – Ride along with Daniel Tiger and all of his friends for a live performance in Downtown’s Jones Hall. Before the show, attendees can also enjoy arts & crafts, a photo station, cornhole games, and more family fun. Some Covid restrictions apply. $30 and up. 5:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).