Hippity-hop through springtime festivities at the best kid-friendly things to do in and around Houston in April 2022.
This month, marvel in awe at bright chalk art on the sidewalk, go on an adventure with Peter Pan and Tinkerbell, see the city’s best art cars return for the annual parade, hang out with Daniel Tiger, celebrate Earth Day and more.
Do you know an event that could make the list? Drop us a line at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Top 12 Things To Do for Kids & Families in Houston This Month: March 2022
- Harlem Globetrotters at NRG Arena | Friday, April 1 & Saturday, April 9 – Watch the professional basketball wizards, Harlem Globetrotters, as they put on a show guaranteed to bring some “ooh’s” and “aah’s” to NRG Arena. Tickets start at $25. Friday 7pm; Saturday noon.
- Kolache Factory 5K, 10K & Kids Dash in the Energy Corridor | Saturday, April 2 – The Kolache Factory 5K and 10K food run returns to the Energy Corridor for 2022. Runners and walkers can enjoy kolaches after their run, or take the 10K Kolache Challenge and eat three kolaches at the halfway point. Registration ranges from $32.75 to $47.25; prices will increase as the event nears. 8am to 11am.
- Via Colori at Post HTX | Saturday, April 2 & Sunday, April 3 | FREE – Bring the family to this unique, outdoor street painting festival at Post HTX in Downtown. The bright chalk art will mesmerize people of all ages and this year’s festival will feature the popular Via Bambini, where children can draw their own art square, and a Kids Zone celebrating the art. 9am to 5pm.
- 35th Annual Houston Art Car Parade in Downtown | Saturday, April 9 | FREE – One of Houston’s most beloved events is back this spring. The Houston Art Car Parade is the largest celebration of its kind in the world with over 250 cars, featuring some extraordinarily creative and interesting vehicles. The whole family is invited to the Kids Creative Zone for a wild array of art activities. 11am.
- 2022 Woodlands Waterway Arts Festival at Town Green Park | Saturday, April 9 & Sunday, April 10 – The Woodlands Arts Council presents the 2-day Woodlands Waterway Arts Festival at Town Green Park and along the Woodlands Waterway. The outdoor fine arts show features more than 200 local, national and international artists selling their original art in a variety of mediums. Now in its 17th year, the festival also features art activities for all ages, live music, entertainment, and food and drink throughout the weekend. $15 per day; $20 for a weekend pass; free for ages 12 and under. 10am to 6pm.
- SPA presents Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood Live at Jones Hall | Sunday, April 10 – Ride along with Daniel Tiger and all of his friends for a live performance in Downtown’s Jones Hall. Before the show, attendees can also enjoy arts & crafts, a photo station, cornhole games, and more family fun. Some Covid restrictions apply. $30 and up. 5:30pm.
- Easter Egg Hunt & Vendor Market at 7 Acre Wood | Saturday, April 16 | FREE – Spend an egg-cellent Saturday with your barnyard pals at 7 Acre Wood. Go on an egg hunt, play in a Western town, zoom down the zip-line, putt away at mini-golf, snap pictures with the Easter Bunny, and more. Free admission, but some activities require a fee. 10am to 3pm.
- Easter Egg Hunt & Goats at Rose Therapeutic Farm | Saturday, April 16 & Easter Sunday, April 17 – Have a fun-filled family day on the farm learning about goats, chickens, pigs, rabbits, mini horses and Daryl the Cow. Enjoy craft activities for the kiddos and an easter egg hunt on the farm grounds in Brookshire. $15; free for ages 2 and under. 10am to 12:30pm.
- Aprilis Cup at Houston Polo Club | Easter Sunday, April 17 – Celebrate Easter in the evening at the polo grounds with a special candy toss for kids at halftime, along with the traditional Champagne divot stomp. Kids are encouraged to bring a bag or basket to collect the candy. Individual courtyard tickets are $32.50; $15.50 for ages 12 and under. Boxes for 2 to 20 guests range from $89 to $895. 5pm.
- Rhyme & Reason: A Celebration of Black History at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Wednesday, April 20 | FREE – Learn about Black history from ancient Africa to today through music, dance and performance poetry. No tickets are necessary. 11am.
- Peter Pan Jr. at Inspiration Stage in Sugar Land | Friday, April 22 to Sunday, April 24 – Go on an adventure with Peter Pan and his sparkling sidekick, Tinkerbell, all the way to Neverland in this performance that takes place across four shows in one weekend. Tickets are TBA. Times vary.
- Earth Day Celebration at Houston Arboretum & Nature Center | Saturday, April 23 | FREE – Celebrate the beautiful planet of Earth with a family-friendly event that features poetry, drawing, photography and more. Explore informative booths and fun displays in the Discovery Room, take a nature hike, and get hands-on with Earth-friendly crafts and activities. 10am to 2pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).