Dine on delicious dishes and enjoy our picks for the top food and drink events taking place around Houston in April 2022.
Barbecue, wine, crawfish, and vegan fare—it’s all in the culinary lineup for Houston this month as some fan favorite festivals return, and new food and drink events add to the fun.
April sees the return of the Houston Barbecue Festival and Harvest Green’s Chef Fest, for starters; and there’s an umami-fueled Night Market and Festival you’ll want to hit, too.
Here’s everything you need to eat and drink in Houston this month.
Top 10 Food & Drink Events/Offers in Houston This Month: April 2022
- 2022 Midtown Wine Fest at Midtown Park | Saturday, April 2 – This fun wine experience showcases over 60 international and local wines for an afternoon of tasting, live music and fun at the beautiful Midtown Park. Tickets are $45 and include access to the festival, wine samples and bites, and a souvenir wine glass. 3pm to 8pm.
- 9th Annual Houston Barbecue Festival at Humble Civic Center | Sunday, April 3 – Barbecue enthusiasts can get all the smoked goods at the return of the Houston Barbecue Festival, with pitmasters from top spots including Blood Bros BBQ, Brett’s BBQ Shop, Burro & Bull, CorkScrew BBQ, Dozier’s BBQ, Feges BBQ, Gatlin’s BBQ, Harlem Road Texas BBQ, J-Bar-M Barbecue, JQ’s Tex Mex BBQ, Ray’s BBQ Shack, Roegels Barbecue Co, Spring Creek Barbeque, Tejas Chocolate & BBQ and more. General Admission tickets are $70 and includes unlimited samples; VIP is $130 and includes one hour early admission (at noon), unlimited samples, a t-shirt and one drink ticket. 1pm to 4pm.
- Heads & Tails at 8th Wonder Brewery | Saturday, April 9 | No Cover – The EaDo brewery is bringing back Heads & Tails, a beer, crawfish, and live music happening that’s free to attend, with mudbugs and suds available for purchase. The band lineup includes Hotel Ugly, Blaze x Black, Blossom Aloe, and DJ Mexican Blackbird. Noon to 8pm.
- Creek Group Crawfish Festival at Cactus Cove | Saturday, April 9 – Crawfish teams will compete to boil up the ultimate mudbug at this Creek Group throwdown. Expect tasty crawfish, live music, and good times. $25 for a tasting wristband and a vote. 1pm to 6pm.
- Chef Fest 2022 at Harvest Green Village Farm | Sunday, April 10 – Guests are invited to the Richmond farm to celebrate the agricultural offerings of the Houston region through the lens of local chefs, Texas beverage brands, area musicians, and Harvest Green farmers. Get small bites from this year’s participating chefs including Top Chef Season 19 contestant Evelyn Garcia (KIN) as well as Angelo Emiliani (Angie’s Pizza and Café Louie), David Cordua (The Lymbar), Jeff Potts (93’Til), Martha Wilcox (Indianola), Michelle Wallace (Gatlin’s BBQ), Paris Anton (Vegan AF-ish) and Victoria Elizondo (Cochinita & Co.). Plus, enjoy add-on experiences including a soft-serve station, chef-led kids’ cooking class, and pickling and fermenting session. $95 ($20 for ages 5 to 16) and includes unlimited bites, five drink tickets, farm tours and live music. Noon to 4pm.
- Vegan Brews ‘N’ BBQ at Brash Brewing Company | Sunday, April 10 | No Cover – Southern Fried Vegan is bringing its soul food to Houston’s Brash Brewing for an afternoon of brews and vegan eats. Menu highlights include Fried Chickun, BBQ, Mac N Cheeze, Jambalaya, Cajun Corn, Beer-Cheeze Battered Beyond Burgers, and Totchos, all of which you can taste alongside Brash’s crazy good brews. Noon to 4pm.
- 5th Annual Wing Cook-off at The Phoenix on Westheimer | Sunday, April 10 | No Cover – Fundraising for the MS150 cycling event and its mission to end Multiple Sclerosis, The Phoenix on Westheimer will host its fifth annual Wing Cook-off. Though admission is free, a $20 tasting ticket earns you a beer, koozie and tickets for eight wings with 100% going to the fundraising efforts of the “Warriors, Clowns and Hopadillos” Karbach cycling team. Noon to 5pm.
- Umami Fest at Aveva Stadium | Saturday, April 16 – This umami-packed, Asian-inspired food festival and night market will rock street food and merchandise vendors, artists, night market games and prizes, and entertainment. This year’s lineup of vendors includes Beard Papas, Mama’s Thai Lao, Migo Saigon Food Street, The Pho Fix, The Teahouse Tapioca and Tea, and a whole lot more. Noon to 10pm.
- Courtyard Social: Spring Crawfish Boil at Brennan’s of Houston | Tuesday, April 19 – The Creole favorite invites guests to celebrate crawfish season with an all-you-can-eat crawfish boil in its Courtyard. Expect mudbugs and all the Creole fixings, plus a welcome cocktail and Creole bread pudding for dessert, for $55 per person. Additional food and drinks will be available for purchase. 4pm to 7pm.
- 504 Day at Bayou City Event Center | Saturday, April 30 – Get a taste of the Big Easy at this celebration of all things New Orleans, featuring food vendors, shopping opportunities and live music. $20; $13 for ages 6 to 12; $5 for ages 5 and under. 1pm to 9pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).