Welcome in springtime at the best kid-friendly things to do in and around Houston in March 2022.
This month, a circus rolls into Richmond, spring break arrives, Peppa the Pig brings smiles to Sugar Land, and more.
Do you know an event that could make the list? Drop us a line at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Top 12 Things To Do for Kids & Families in Houston This Month: March 2022
- Venardos Circus at Dry Creek Social Club | Select Dates through Sunday, March 13 – Step right up and see the amazing acts of the Venardos Circus in Richmond, as former Ringling Bros. Ringmaster Kevin Venardos and his cast take the stage to bring audiences a show that is part-Broadway musical, part-circus. $25; $15 for ages 12 and under. Times vary.
- Houston Symphony presents Star Wars: Return of the Jedi in Concert at Jones Hall | Friday, March 4 to Sunday, March 6 – Feel the force of John Williams’s one-of-a-kind score as the Houston Symphony accompanies the movie in a live performance. $35 and up. Times vary.
- Spring Break at Lago Mar in Texas City | Friday, March 11 to Sunday, March 20 – Splash into spring break at the refreshing open-air waterfront escape in Lago Mar. Walk white sand beaches, float in crystal clear water, and hit the bounceable inflatables as your family soaks up the sun. Tickets vary, but start at $20 for ages 13 and up; $15 for ages under 13; free for ages 2 and under. 11am to 7pm.
- Spring Break at George Ranch Historical Park | Saturday, March 12 to Saturday, March 19 – Giddy up for a darn tootin’ good time during spring break at the Fort Bend historical park. Learn about Texas history with costumed interpreters, take historic home tours, get involved in hands-on activities, see historical demonstrations, and more. Some days will also feature special programming. $15; $10 for ages 4 to 12; free for ages 3 and under. Tuesdays to Saturdays 9am to 5pm.
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade at Market Square Park in Downtown | Saturday, March 12 | FREE – Celebrate the luck of the Irish at the 62nd Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade, now with a new route through Historic Market Square, where you can continue the fun with food, games and live music. Noon to 3pm.
- Spring Break: Incredible India at Asia Society Texas Center | Monday, March 14 to Friday, March 18 | FREE – Celebrate India at this week-long series of events that include craft activities like making your own Rangoli, decorating peacocks and elephants, and creating colorful paper flowers, along with scavenger hunts and story times that teach about iconic women in Indian mythology. Advance registration required. 11am to 2pm daily.
- Peppa Pig’s Adventure! at Smart Financial Centre | Thursday, March 17 – Make a plan to see the beloved pigs in person when Peppa takes the stage in Sugar Land. The exciting camping trip features all of her best friends, including Pedro Pony, Suzy Sheep and Gerald Giraffe, in a performance filled with singing, dancing, games and prizes. $35 and up. 6pm.
- Parachute Play Time at CityCentre | Friday, March 18 – Grab a seat and relax as the kiddos take to a colorful giant parachute at CityCentre in West Houston. $5 per child. 10am to noon.
- Giant Master Bubbles at CityPlace | Friday, March 18 | FREE – See bubbles elevated to an art form when the Texas Bubblers set up a Giant Master Bubble Wrangler Station at CityPlace in Spring. Watch as they create bubbles as large as 10 feet wide. RSVP required. 3pm.
- Bayou City Art Festival in Memorial Park | Friday, March 25 to Sunday, March 27 – Take to Memorial Park and stroll more than 300 artists and their unique works on display at the 50th celebration of the Bayou City Art Festival. Families can also enjoy food trucks, live music, and other fun across three days. $15; $5 for ages 6 to 12. 10am to 6pm.
- 8th Annual Kids’ Day of Music at Love Park in the Heights | Saturday, March 26 | FREE – Get the kiddos interested in music at this festival made just for them in the Heights’ Love Park. Feel the rhythm from the Joy of Djembe Drumming group, learn how to craft beats on the computer, experience instruments and get creative at this free, family-friendly festival. 10am to 2pm.
- Annual Hermann Park Conservancy Kite Festival at Hermann Park | Sunday, March 27 | FREE – Go fly a kite up to the highest height at the kite festival in Hermann Park. The festival will see thousands of kite flyers running around Hermann Park, enjoying a day of friendly kite-flying, activities, entertainment, food, games, and more. 10am to 5pm
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday.
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).