Dine on delicious dishes and enjoy our picks for the top food and drink events taking place around Houston in March 2022.
Crawfish season. Fat Tuesday. The intense, earthy black Truffle. March has a lot going for it.
This month, you can celebrate it all (and more) with a lineup of culinary events.
Here’s every tasty thing you need to eat, drink, and do in Houston this month:
Top 10 Food & Drink Events/Offers in Houston This Month: March 2022
- Fat Tuesday at Brennan’s of Houston | Tuesday, March 1 – This Creole fine dining stalwart’s Fat Tuesday Fete features a three-course menu by Executive Chef Jose Arevalo. Reservations can be made at 713-522-9711. $74 per person.
- Mardi Gras at Pier 6 Seafood & Oyster House | Tuesday, March 1 – Head on over to San Leon and snag a table on Pier 6’s waterfront patio to enjoy live music from a Zydeco band, tropical craft cocktails and chef specials, including King Cake, bread pudding and crawfish pasta. The restaurant will be decked out in Mardi Gras decor and there will be beads handed out to keep things festive. Reservations can be made at 281-339-1515. Prices vary.
- Mardi Claw at the Rustic Downtown | Tuesday, March 1 | No Cover – The Rustic’s Downtown Houston location is letting the good times roll with a one day–only crawfish boil in celebration of Fat Tuesday, featuring live music and entertainment and Bourbon Street decor. The celebratory feast will feature corn, potatoes, fried crawfish tails, sausage and chicken jambalaya, and etouffee, plus drinks like the Frozen Hurricane and Swamp Thing. Doors open at 11am.
- Heights Crawfish Festival at Raven Tower | Saturday, March 5 | FREE – The annual Greater Heights Area Chamber of Commerce’s Crawfish Festival will be held at Raven Tower at White Oak Music Hall, featuring over 75 vendors, a Kidz Zone, and plenty of Louisiana Cajun–style crawfish. The free-to-attend event will be held rain or shine; crawfish plates are $25. 11am to 6pm.
- The Truffle Masters at the C. Baldwin, Curio Collection by Hilton | Monday, March 7 – Houstonians can celebrate the black truffle and all its culinary possibilities at the return of the annual Truffle Masters event. The evening will feature the city’s top chefs and eateries preparing truffle dishes to be sampled by attendees, all to raise funds for the Texas Food & Wine Alliance and its mission of fostering awareness and innovation in the Texas culinary community. This year’s uber talented chef lineup includes Luis Roger of BCN Taste & Tradition, Willet Feng of burger-chan, Manabu Horiuchi of Kata Robata, Teddy Lopez of Killen’s STQ, Austin Simmons of TRIS, Mayank Istwal of Musaafer and more. $295 per person. 7pm to 10pm.
- Bar Takeover Southern Smoke Benefit at Winnie’s | Mondays from March 7 to 28 – Winnie’s in Midtown will be raising funds for Southern Smoke Foundation with a special Bar Takeover series, featuring some of your favorite industry professionals to collaborate on cocktails and a sandwich on Mondays. This month’s Monday lineup features Lainey Collum of Monkey’s Tail and Andy Mauer of Back Bar Project (March 7); Tongue-Cut Sparrow’s Mate Hartai and Anvil’s Tommy Ho (March 14); Josh Jaramillo and Danny Rocha of Johnny’s Gold Brick and (March 21); and Double Trouble’s Robin Berwick and Peter Jahnke of Tongue-Cut Sparrow (March 28). Noon to midnight.
- BLCK Market at East River | Saturday, March 12 – Houston-based real estate investment and development firm Midway has teamed up with BLCK Market to host free monthly pop-up events on the site of its future East River development. Each event will feature live music, food trucks, and the opportunity to support over 50 Black-owned small businesses, entrepreneurs, artisans and vendors from around the country. 1pm to 5pm.
- Raclette Party on the Patio at Montrose Cheese & Wine | Saturday, March 26 – The cheese and wine shop will celebrate raclette, “the meltiest and sexiest of all the cheeses,” with an après-ski style party on the patio. Stop by to get a taste of the full wheel of cheese waiting to be scraped onto your plate. Plates ($20, $24 with salumi) include potatoes with caramelized onions, cornichons and baguette slices. 1pm.
- The Taste of Louisiana Festival 2022 at Brazos River Park | Saturday, March 26 – Festival goers are invited to experience 360 degrees of Louisiana food, music, and culture at the annual Taste of Louisiana Festival in Sugar Land. Expect more than 20 Louisiana food vendors, arts and crafts, live entertainment, Bayou Crawfish and Beer Garden, chef demos, a kid zone and more. Early bird tickets are $15 for ages 13 and up; $5 for ages under 13. 1pm to 8pm.
- 10th Anniversary Extravaganza at Buffalo Bayou Brewing Co. | Saturday, March 26 – BuffBrew is turning ten, and it’s turning up big time with a big, bold 10th anniversary extravaganza. Tickets ($40) include access to the celebration, anniversary brews, live entertainment, giveaways, commemorative glassware and more. 5pm to midnight.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday.
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).