Take a tour of H-Town’s weekend highlights with the 365 Houston guide to the best things to do in Houston this weekend, from Friday, February 25 to Sunday, February 27, 2022.
Every weekend, Houston has plenty of happenings to be found around town—but which ones are the highlights that can help you plan an enjoyable weekend of outings?
We’ve whittled down our extensive Weekend Guide to offer you some of our favorite things to look forward to from Friday to Sunday.
Looking for more things to do? Dig deeper for all of our weekend picks with the 365 Houston Weekend Guide, or comb through our Calendar for even more events, activities, and things to do this weekend.
The 15 Best Things to Do in Houston This Weekend: February 25 to 27, 2022
- HLSR’s World’s Championship Bar-B-Que Contest at NRG Park | Thursday, February 24 to Saturday, February 26 – More than 250 bbq teams will compete in the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo’s epic, annual bar-b-que contest. Tents are invite-only, but the public can get in on the action by visiting The Garden for country music performances, Rockin’ Bar-B-Que Saloon and the Chuckwagon, plus the carnival for festival eats, rides and games. $20 for ages 13 and up; $5 for ages 3 to 12; free for ages 2 and under. Times vary.
- Mardi Gras of Southeast Texas at the Event Centre in Beaumont | Thursday, February 24 to Sunday, February 27 – Downtown Beaumont hosts multiple days of Mardi Gras revelry, with parades and live concerts from country artist Tyler Farr, rapper Nelly, and the Selena Experience from Los Chicos del 512. Plus, try your hand at carnival games, hop on rides, and enjoy other family-friendly fun all weekend long. $10 on Thursday and Sunday; $15 on Friday and Saturday; $40 for a 4-day pass. Times vary.
- El Maestro Film Screening at Menil Collection | Friday, February 25 | FREE – The Montrose museum hosts an outdoor screening on the public lawn as part of the West African Film Festival. The French-language film tells the story of Afro Cuban singer Laba Sosseh with documentary footage and interviews that track the career of this atypical artist and musician. 6:30pm.
- Action Bronson & Earl Sweatshirt with the Alchemist, Boldy James in Concert at House of Blues | Friday, February 25 – A huge hip-hop show descends on House of Blues, bringing together Action Bronson, new music from Earl Sweatshirt, Detroit rapper Boldy James, and one of the best producers in the game, the Alchemist. $45. 8pm.
- Viva El Amor: A Tribute to Vicente Fernández at MECA East End | Friday, February 25 – Singer-songwriter Vanessa Alonzo joins the multi-instrumental Trio Chapultepec and MECA Ballet Folklórico to honor the legacy and life of Mexican singer, actor and producer, Vicente Fernández, who passed in December 2021. $25. 8pm.
- Brad Williams at Houston Improv | Friday, February 25 to Sunday, February 27 – Known for his critically acclaimed specials Fun Size and Daddy Issues, as well as appearances on Jimmy Kimmel Live, The Tonight Show, and many others, Brad Williams is back on the road with a tour that brings him through the West Houston venue for three straight nights. Tickets are sold by the table; $50 for 2 to $210 for 6. Times vary.
- 2022 HLSR Rodeo Parade in Downtown | Saturday, February 26 | FREE – Though the Trail Riders mosey in on Friday, you can be sure to catch the decorative floats, and men and women on horseback that fill the Downtown streets for the unofficial start of Rodeo season. Plus, Cody Johnson, who opens the Rodeo’s concert stage on Monday, February 28, will take the honors for Grand Marshal of the Downtown Rodeo Parade. 10am.
- Tidbits Rodeo Market at M-K-T in the Heights | Saturday, February 26 – Get yourself rodeo ready at this local pop-up market off Shepherd Drive in the Heights. Stroll vendors to pick up boots, apparel, jewelry, art and Texas gifts that will have you looking your best when the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo returns at the end of the month. $5; includes a complimentary cocktail. 10am to 4pm.
- 3rd Annual H-Town Sports Day at Central Green Park | Saturday, February 26 | FREE – The Katy park at La Centerra hosts its third annual event, bringing together professional athletes, mascots from Houston’s sports teams, cheerleaders and more. This year’s event also feature NASCAR racer (and Katy native) Ty Hymel, who will bring along his car for the crowd to check out. Noon to 4pm.
- The GOOF Makers Market & Bar Hop at Great Heights Brewing Company | Saturday, February 26 | No Cover – More than 60 local vendors and makers will be on hand at this Garden Oaks/Oak Forest shopping market and bar crawl. Shop handmade goods then a grab a drink at area spots like Avonak Distillery, William Price Distilling Co., Wakefield Crowbar and Great Heights Brewing. Noon to 5pm.
- Half-Alive in Concert at White Oak Music Hall | Saturday, February 26 – Just two weeks after releasing their sophomore album, Give Me Your Shoulders, Pt. 1, the indie pop trio will land in H-Town to perform at White Oak’s downstairs stage. $25. 7pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Los Angeles Clippers at Toyota Center | Sunday, February 27 – Fresh off the All-Star Weekend, Jalen Green and the Houston Rockets face a Clippers team angling for the playoffs. $12 and up. 6pm.
- Houston Dynamo vs. Real Salt Lake at PNC Stadium | Sunday, February 27 – The Dynamo are back on the pitch for their home opener to the 2022 MLS season. $17 and up. 6pm.
- Mosaic of Light by HYBYCOZO at Discovery Green | Ends Sunday, February 27 | FREE – The Downtown park says goodbye to the colorful fractal sculptures that have been on display in the Brown Promenade since November. Hanging from the trees overhead and on the ground, the works illuminate at night and cast mesmerizing shadows along the walkway. 9am to 11pm.
- Gladys Knight at Arena Theatre | Sunday, February 27 – One of the most legendary singers of all time, the Empress of Soul brings songs from her decades-spanning, Grammy-winning catalog for a night of beloved soul hits. $55 and up. 9pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).