Saturday, February 26, 2022
- Rodeo Run 10K at Sam Houston Park in Downtown – Kick off the 90th Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo at the traditional Rodeo Run and Downtown parade. Runners will take off in either the wheelchair race, 10K or 5K events and can hang out at a post-race party at Eleanor Tinsley Park afterward. $35 and up. 9am.
- Graeme’s Run at No Label Brewery in Katy – Run to raise money to fund life-saving congenital heart defect research and get a Graeme’s Run t-shirt and pint glass. Kids will also enjoy face-painting, a video game truck, baby goats, and more. $40; $20 for ages 12 and under. 9am to 2pm.
- 2022 HLSR Rodeo Parade in Downtown | FREE – Though the Trail Riders mosey in on Friday, you can be sure to catch the decorative floats, and men and women on horseback that fill the Downtown streets for the unofficial start of Rodeo season. Cody Johnson, Monday’s Rodeo headliner, serves as Grand Marshal. 10am.
- Beads & Bark in the Park at League Park | FREE – In League City, this gumbo competition includes a pet costume contest, live music, food trucks, crafts and kids activities, and more. $15 for a gumbo sampling wristband; $5 to compete in the doggie costume contest. 10am to 2pm.
- Tidbits Rodeo Market at M-K-T in the Heights – Get rodeo ready at local pop-up market off Shepherd Drive, with vendors offering boots, apparel, jewelry, art, and Texas gifts that will have you looking your best as the Rodeo finally returns after two years. $5 includes a complimentary cocktail. 10am to 4pm.
- Seussabration at Children’s Museum Houston – The Museum District’s kids HQ hosts a celebration for Dr. Seuss’ birthday, with special activities like a Dr. Seuss Read Aloud Story Time, crafts, and more. Included with general admission. 10am to 6pm.
- Gumbo Cook-Off at Little Woodrow’s Midtown | No Cover – Enjoy free gumbo samples with your brews as teams compete to win cash prizes for the best roux in Midtown. 11am to 7pm.
- 3rd Annual H-Town Sports Day at Central Green Park in Katy | FREE – The La Centerra park brings together pro athletes, mascots from Houston’s sports teams, cheerleaders, and more. Katy native and NASCAR racer Ty Hymel will be on site with his racecar. Noon to 4pm.
- The GOOF Makers Market & Bar Hop at Great Heights Brewing Company | No Cover – More than 60 local vendors and makers will be on hand at this Garden Oaks/Oak Forest shopping market and bar crawl featuring neighborhood spots like Avonak Distillery, William Price Distilling Co., Wakefield Crowbar, and Great Heights Brewing. Noon to 5pm.
- Mardi Gras Celebration & Market at the Powder Keg in Memorial City | No Cover – Let the good times rolling at an open-air complex serving up local beer and spirits at Powder Keg, boasting food trucks, volleyball, corn hole, games and a local vendor market. Best Mardi Gras masks may win prices, plus there will be other activities and giveaways. 1pm to 8pm.
- Party Gras at Sugar Land Town Square | FREE – Enjoy live entertainment, food and drink from Town Square restaurants, crafts and games, plus Second Line music and DJ tunes from Flash Gordon Parks. 3pm to 9pm.
- Mardi Gras on Main in Downtown La Porte | FREE – The annual family-friendly Mardi Gras street festival returns to Five Points in La Porte. Take to the Mardi Gras market, enjoy food and drink vendors (including beer and wine), a kids’ zone, roaming stilt walkers, caricatures, an Umbrella Parade, and more. 6pm to 10pm.
- Half-Alive in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Just two weeks after releasing their sophomore album, Give Me Your Shoulders, Pt. 1, the indie pop trio will land in H-Town to perform at WOMH’s downstairs stage. $25. 7pm.
- Relax Mrs. Khan at MATCH – Written and directed by Tazeen Zahida, the one act play explores the persona of a celebrated theater actress and how pandemic and life in general reveals flawed humanity. $15. 8pm.
- Jeezy & K. Michelle in Concert at Arena Theatre – The Southwest Houston venue plays host to K. Michelle, who is touring her forthcoming—and final—R&B record, I’m the Problem, as well as Atlanta rapper Jeezy, who brings fan faves and songs from his most recent release, The Recession 2. $75 and up. 8pm.
- Beyonce vs. Rihanna with DJ Mei at Warehouse Live – Join a dance off pitting two heavy hitters—Queen Bee and Rhi Rhi—as DJ Mei spins their hits into the wee morning hours. 9pm to 2am.
- The Riot Comedy Show presents Dumb as Hell at Rudyard’s – Get your late night comedy fix when three H-town comics—Tre Tutson, Mycal Dede and Zahid Dewji—reunite for one night to present a live version of their former podcast, riffing on current events, race relations, and more. $5; reserved tables start at $20 for 2. midnight to 2am.
Sunday, February 27, 2022
- Flock’s 13th Annual Beastly Brunch at Houston Zoo – Belly up to Sunday buffet brunch with drinks, bird encounters, and ways to save pollinators and migratory birds at the 21+ event hosted by the zoo’s young professional group. $45; free for Flock members with RSVP. 11am to 2pm.
- College Basketball: Houston Cougars vs. SMU Mustangs at Fertitta Center – One of the final home games of the Cougars’ season will pit them against northern rivals from SMU for control of the American Athletic Conference. $30 and up. Noon.
- Oh My Cod Vegan Seafood Co. Pop-Up at Brash Brewing Company – Oh My Cod returns to Brash Brewing in Independence Heights with a lineup of vegan seafood dishes. Noon to 5pm.
- Garden Railroad Fun Day at Rosenberg Railroad Museum – Families with a train lover in your life can watch in amazement at the various types of trains on Railroad Fun Day. Steam engines, circus trains, patriotic trains—or everyone’s favorite, Thomas—could make an exciting appearance. Plus, the museum will host fun seasonal activities for the kids. $6; free for ages under 2. 1pm to 4pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Los Angeles Clippers at Toyota Center – The Clippers come to town for a matchup that sees the LA team struggling to stay afloat in a crowded conference. $12 and up. 6pm.
- Houston Dynamo vs. Real Salt Lake at PNC Stadium – The MLS season returns and the Dynamo will embark on another year with playoff ambitions. $17 and up. 6pm.
- The 8th Wonder Comedy Hour at The Secret Group – Shake off the Sundays with a hilarious powerhouse of comics, headlined this week by local favorite, Zahid Dewji. $8 includes entry, an 8th Wonder beer, and a souvenir pint glass to take home. 6pm to 8pm.
- Shake Russell in Concert at Main Street Crossing – Tomball’s primary stop for quality live music welcomes the legendary Texas singer-songwriter. Starts at $30. 7pm.
- Mat Kearney in Concert at The Heights Theater – Nashville-based and Oregon-born Mat Kearney brings his folk-rock singer songwriter stylings to 19th Street in the Heights for one night. Jordy Searcy opens. $32. 8pm.
- Gladys Knight in Concert at Arena Theatre – One of the most legendary singers of all time, the Empress of Soul brings songs from her decades-spanning, Grammy-winning catalog for a night of beloved soul hits. $55 and up. 9pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).
Add an Event, Offer or Attraction
Have a truly unique event, attraction, or offering that we missed? Let us know at [email protected] or order a Boosted Calendar Listing and we’ll add it within one business day (usually sooner). We also have more robust campaigns that will move the needle in attendance for concerts, festivals, markets, attractions, restaurants, and more. Contact us at [email protected] to learn more.