Updated: Wednesday, February 23, 2022 at 5:01pm
Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Monday, February 21 to Sunday, February 27, 2022.
Your favorite nightlife guide is back to cure your weekly FOMO. We’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening all week long around Houston, from Monday through Sunday.
Here are our picks for Day & Nightlife in Houston from Monday, February 21 to Sunday, February 27, 2021.
Day + Nightlife Guide in Houston: February 21 to 27 2022
- Comedian Matt Rife at Rudyard’s British Pub | Friday & Saturday – After appearances on MTV, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and in Lifetime originals, Rifebrings new material to the Montrose stage for three sets. $15 and up. Times vary.
- Comedian Brad Williams at Houston Improv | Friday to Sunday – Known for his critically acclaimed specials Fun Size and Daddy Issues, as well as appearances on Jimmy Kimmel Live, The Tonight Show, and others, Brad Williams lands back in H-Town. Starts at $50 for 2. Times vary.
- 111th Celebration of Mardi Gras! Galveston | Friday to Sunday – The first weekend of the biggest Mardi Gras celebration by the sea brings with parades, headliner performances and concerts, balcony parties, masked balls, and more. Prices vary for party passes, balcony tickets, and general admission. Times vary.
- More Mardi Gras Events Around Houston | Daily – Mardi Gras doesn’t actually happen until Tuesday, but most celebrations are going down this weekend, and not just limited to the 2022 Mardi Gras of Southeast Texas in Beaumont, the free Mardi Gras on Main in La Porte, and the 111th Mardi Gras! Galveston.
- Mosaic of Light by HYBYCOZO at Discovery Green | Ends Sunday, February 27 | FREE – The Downtown park says goodbye to the colorful fractal sculptures that have been on display in the Brown Promenade since November. Hanging from the trees overhead and on the ground, the works illuminate at night and cast mesmerizing shadows along the walkway. 9am to 11pm.
Tuesday, February 22, 2022
- National Margarita Day Drink Specials Around Houston – Not that anyone needs a reason, but lean into the “official day” of the marg and raise a glass of Texas’ favorite blended cocktail with specialty drinks around Greater Houston.
- Theory of a Deadman in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – The hard rock band lands at WOMH for a Tuesday night concert. $32.50. 7pm.
- Tacos & Trivia Tuesday at True Anomaly Brewing | No Cover – Join in for a game trivia with rounds focusing on general knowledge, visual cues, outer space, and more. First, second, and third place winners score gift cards and beer to-go. 7:30pm.
- The L Word Trivia & Steak Night at Front Porch Pub | No Cover – Show your prowess and knowledge about the 2000s TV show, The L Word, at Front Porch Pub in Midtown. 7:30pm.
Wednesday, February 23, 2022
- Live Trivia Game Nights at Eureka Heights Brew Co. | No Cover – Showcase your general knowledge superiority at the Greater Heights breweries weekly trivia challenge. 7pm.
- ReelAbilities Film Festival: ReelMusic 2022 at Bayou City Event Center | FREE with RSVP – Wrapping up the festival with an in-person concert, ReelMusic brings talented musicians and performers who live with disabilities to the stage to perform jazz, rock and other genres. 7:30pm.
- Comedian Renny at Houston Improv – Best known for MTV’s Wild ‘N Out, and his YouTube and Instagram channels, Renny takes to the stage for one night. Tickets start at $50 for a table for 2. 8pm.
Thursday, February 24, 2022
- Mitski on the Lawn in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Just a couple weeks after releasing her sixth studio album, Laurel Hell, the indie pop singer-songwriter graces the lawn stage. Tickets are sold out at the venue, but you may find hard-to-get tickets using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- IDKHow in Concert at House of Blues – The indie pop duo brings their Thought Reform Tour to the stage at House of Blues, performing songs from their 2020 release, Razzmatazz. $27.50. 7pm.
- Drag Bingo Night at Eureka Heights Brew Co. | No Cover – Play for prizes at the monthly bingo night led by Dessie Love-Blake. Daubers are $2, or bring your own. 7pm to 8:15pm
- Designer Rap Tour Exhibit A at Social Beer Garden – Check out the works of James E! Walker at an unconventional music, art, and design exhibition pop-up at the popular outdoor Midtown bar. $25 to $50. 7pm to 10pm.
- Piñata Protest in Concert at Satellite Bar – The San Antonio-based accordion powered Tex-Mex punk rock band headlines, with NYC’s Ratos en Zuelo and HTX’s Huska opening. $15. 9pm to midnight
- Moksi at Stereo Live Houston| No Cover – Samir and Diego, the Dutch electronic dance duo better known as Moksi, take to the decks for a free show at the westside dance club.
Go Texan Day, Friday, February 25, 2022
- Go Texan Day | FREE – Deck yourself out in western wear, from boots to bolos, and fit right in with Houstonians throughout the city, all day long. No matter if you’re heading to Memorial Park to catch the arrival of Trail Riders, or just strutting around the office, you’ll find plenty of other fellow cowboys and cowgirls around town.
- Ghost & Volbeat at Smart Financial Centre – Get a double dose of European heavy metal when this co-headlining show lands in Sugar Land. $39.50 and up. 7pm.
- Action Bronson & Earl Sweatshirt with the Alchemist, Boldy James at House of Blues – A huge hip-hop show descends on House of Blues, bringing together Action Bronson, new music from Earl Sweatshirt, Detroit rapper Boldy James, and one of the best producers in the game, the Alchemist. $45. 8pm.
Saturday, February 26, 2022
- Tidbits Rodeo Market at M-K-T in the Heights – Get rodeo ready at local pop-up market off Shepherd Drive, with vendors offering boots, apparel, jewelry, art, and Texas gifts that will have you looking your best as the Rodeo finally returns after two years. $5 includes a complimentary cocktail. 10am to 4pm.
- Gumbo Cook-Off at Little Woodrow’s Midtown | No Cover – Enjoy free gumbo samples with your brews as teams compete to win cash prizes for the best roux in Midtown. 11am to 7pm.
- The GOOF Makers Market & Bar Hop at Great Heights Brewing Company | No Cover – More than 60 local vendors and makers will be on hand at this Garden Oaks/Oak Forest shopping market and bar crawl featuring neighborhood spots like Avonak Distillery, William Price Distilling Co., Wakefield Crowbar, and Great Heights Brewing. Noon to 5pm.
- Mardi Gras Celebration & Market at the Powder Keg in Memorial City | No Cover – Let the good times rolling at an open-air complex serving up local beer and spirits at Powder Keg, boasting food trucks, volleyball, corn hole, games and a local vendor market. Best Mardi Gras masks may win prices, plus there will be other activities and giveaways. 1pm to 8pm.
- Half-Alive in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Just two weeks after releasing their sophomore album, Give Me Your Shoulders, Pt. 1, the indie pop trio will land in H-Town to perform at WOMH’s downstairs stage. $25. 7pm.
- Jeezy & K. Michelle in Concert at Arena Theatre – The Southwest Houston venue plays host to K. Michelle, who is touring her forthcoming—and final—R&B record, I’m the Problem, as well as Atlanta rapper Jeezy, who brings fan faves and songs from his most recent release, The Recession 2. $75 and up. 8pm.
- Beyonce vs. Rihanna with DJ Mei at Warehouse Live – Join a dance off pitting two heavy hitters—Queen Bee and Rhi Rhi—as DJ Mei spins their hits into the wee morning hours. 9pm to 2am.
- The Riot Comedy Show presents Dumb as Hell at Rudyard’s – Get your late night comedy fix when three H-town comics—Tre Tutson, Mycal Dede and Zahid Dewji—reunite for one night to present a live version of their former podcast, riffing on current events, race relations, and more. $5; reserved tables start at $20 for 2. midnight to 2am.
- Flock’s 13th Annual Beastly Brunch at Houston Zoo – Belly up to Sunday buffet brunch with drinks, bird encounters, and ways to save pollinators and migratory birds at the 21+ event hosted by the zoo’s young professional group. $45; free for Flock members with RSVP. 11am to 2pm.
- Oh My Cod Vegan Seafood Co. Pop-Up at Brash Brewing Company – Oh My Cod returns to Brash Brewing in Independence Heights with a lineup of vegan seafood dishes. Noon to 5pm.
- The 8th Wonder Comedy Hour at The Secret Group – Shake off the Sundays with a hilarious powerhouse of comics, headlined this week by local favorite, Zahid Dewji. $8 includes entry, an 8th Wonder beer, and a souvenir pint glass to take home. 6pm to 8pm.
- Shake Russell in Concert at Main Street Crossing – Tomball’s primary stop for quality live music welcomes the legendary Texas singer-songwriter. Starts at $30. 7pm.
- Mat Kearney in Concert at The Heights Theater – Nashville-based and Oregon-born Mat Kearney brings his folk-rock singer songwriter stylings to 19th Street in the Heights for one night. Jordy Searcy opens. $32. 8pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).