Sip on some of the finest frozens (or have it on the rocks) with margarita specials at Houston bars and restaurants for National Margarita Day, Tuesday, February 22, 2022.
Not that you ever need an excuse to enjoy flavorful frozen cocktails and on-the-rocks delights, but you have one with the double vision–inducing Twos-day coming up on Tuesday, February 22, 2022, which also serves as National Margarita Day.
We’ve gathered a few spots in the Greater Houston area where you can hit up and celebrate with limited edition margaritas and specials throughout the day.
Want to find more frozen refreshments? Check out our guide for to-go margaritas and daiquiris around Greater Houston.
2022 National Margarita Day Specials in Houston
- Treebeards in Bunker Hill – The West Houston outpost of this Southern comfort eatery is offering up a flavorful Blackberry Ginger Margarita, served with a blend of Exotico Tequila, ginger syrup, lime, agave and Mathilde Cassis liqueur. Hit up happy hour from 4pm to 7pm and enjoy it for $10; $12 after happy hour. 11am to 9pm.
- Pier 6 Seafood & Oyster House in San Leon – Overlooking the waters where Trinity Bay and Galveston Bay meet, Pier 6 ups the game on National Margarita Day with a Taco Tuesday special, offering tempura fried fish tacos for $15.99 to go with your choice of a classic house frozen ‘rita ($8, or have it for $6 from 4pm to 6:30pm); the Spicy Rita with reposado tequila, agave and citrus for $10; or the new premium Casamigos Blanco marg’ for $20. 11am to 9pm.
- Tobiuo Sushi & Bar in Katy – The sushi bar at La Centerra in Cinco Ranch offers up a wide range of flavorful margaritas for $5, available all day long. Choose from strawberry, lime, mango, watermelon mint, prickly pear, or torched palomas to celebrate the day. 11am to 9:30pm.
- Maize in Memorial – The Mexican kitchen from Chef Fabian Saldana puts forward three sophisticated margaritas to celebrate the day. Choose from the Guetzamar, a cocktail of 400 Conejos Mezcal Espadín with Ancho Reyes and nixta corn liqueurs, lime juice, agave and a tangerine splash with sal de gusano rim for $14; the Cintli, a blend of Hacienda del Chihuahua Sotol, nixta corn liqueur, Topo Chico, ginger lime juice, and purple corn with a blue nixtamal rim for $13; and La Piscosita, a Morales Mezcal cocktail with Agavales Reposado Tequila, ancho pepper syrup, serrano pepper and a tajín rim for $12. 11am to 2:30pm; 5pm to 10pm.
- The Original Ninfa’s on Navigation & Uptown – At both locations of this Tex-Mex institution, you can savor the flavors of the limited edition Gran Pasión Margarita, which combines Hornitos Plata Tequila and lime juice with Giffard Fruit de La Passion Liqueur, passion fruit syrup and Grandez orange liqueur, rimmed with tajín for $13. 11am to 10pm.
- Willie’s Grill & Icehouse at Multiple Locations – The Cajun kitchen and Texas icehouse in Greater Houston celebrates National Margarita Day with $2 house ‘ritas available all day long at all locations, and in strawberry, regular, or swirled flavors. 11am to 10pm.
- Axelrad in Midtown – The sprawling outdoor patio off Alabama Street makes for a fine place to sip on Axelrad’s celebratory house margaritas, available for $5 and kissed with fruity flavors like lime, strawberry, mango, peach or watermelon. 2pm to midnight.
- La Grange in Montrose – Just a skip away from Westheimer near Dunlavy, the glass-walled, multi-tiered digs at La Grange provides plenty of space indoors and outdoors to enjoy happy hour margs from 4pm to 6pm for $6. 4pm to 10pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).