Grill delicious meats to your heart’s content at our picks for the top Korean BBQ restaurants in Greater Houston.
Korean BBQ is a great dining experience, where plates of uncooked meat, side dishes and other tasty complements are brought to your table and each diner gets to grill their food to perfection—or you can designate someone as the table’s cook, so everyone else can focus on the tasty eats.
Are you a newbie to the KBBQ experience? Not to worry as most places on this list follow the same, familiar procedure and friendly servers are no strangers to helping first-timers get up to speed with their grilling—plus, some can even help cook it for you.
Top 10 Korean BBQ Restaurants in Greater Houston
- Bon Ga in Spring Branch – All the familiar classics are available at this all-you-can-eat on Long Point from the owners of Flower Piggy. Enjoy a wide range of dishes that includes kimchi, seafood pancakes, soups, and the not-to-be-missed tender and flavorful jumuluk galbi; short cut steak massaged with sesame oil, garlic and light seasoning. Learn more.
- Handam BBQ in Asiatown – Just off Bellaire Boulevard along Beltway 8, you’ll find this spacious Korean restaurant serving up a wide variety of beef and pork cuts, stews, seafood, and all-you-can-eat options (starting at $25) cooked over a smokeless charcoal grill at the table. It can get packed at times, so be sure to check the online wait list on their website ahead of visits in peak hours. Learn more.
- Honey Pig in Asiatown – With a smattering of locations in Texas, Virginia and Maryland, Honey Pig serves up a la carte offerings and is known for their lunch specials, like the combo plate that serves 2 and includes sliced pork belly, beef brisket and bulgogi for $38. Plus, tables feature hoods above the grill and servers can help grill the meats so you can focus on eating. Learn more.
- Korea House in Spring Branch – This all-you-can-eat on Long Point is a popular stop for happy hour specials every weekday afternoon until 4pm. In addition to delicious bulgogi and banchan (side dishes), you can also dig into tasty stews like the hot tofu soup. Learn more.
- Lucky Palace in Asiatown – Near the corner of Bellaire and Gessner Road, this a la carte traditional Korean restaurant delivers excellent cuts of meat with a wide selection of banchan, plus a tasty rice milk drink spiced with cinnamon to help you settle your stomach after this face-stuffing affair. Learn more.
- Korea Garden in Spring Branch – On Long Point Road, this longtime Korean restaurant offers authentic a la carte eats for you to grill at your table along with a slate of soul-warming stews and a variety of kimchi. The family-owned spot is known for their friendly atmosphere, can’t-miss bulgogi and generously sized combos which, if you’d rather focus on eating, they’ll happily cook it for you in the back. Learn more.
- Tofu Village in Asiatown – This unfussy Korean spot in Dun Huang Plaza serves a la carte meats, savory tofu soups, and features unlimited refills on the spread of banchan. Plus, you can enjoy delicious dishes like crispy fried pancakes and short rib, then wash it down with a complimentary post-meal yogurt drink. For the truly adventurous, you’ll also discover legit spice levels to bring your meal up a notch. Learn more.
- Jang Guem Tofu & BBQ House in Asiatown & Sugar Land – With locations on Bellaire Boulevard, in Sugar Land, and a third, smaller spot in Katy’s H Mart, Jang Guem is known for filling your table with delicious tofu dishes like stews, well-seasoned kimchi, juice-dripping bulgogi, and side item refills throughout your meal. Learn more.
- Gen Korean BBQ House in Midtown – One of the only Korean BBQ spots inside the loop, this nationwide restaurant sits on the corner of Louisiana and Elgin, offering fresh meat, seafood and veggies with all-you-can-eat specials in trendy digs. If you’re looking for a good time to swing by, try the tough-to-beat lunch specials that are all-you-can-eat for $19. Learn more.
- Jin Korean BBQ in North Houston & Asiatown – In the Viet Hoa Center in Asiatown and along Cypress Creek Parkway in North Houston, you’ll find this all-you-can-eat buffet with delicious short ribs (ask for LA galbi), soups and familiar side dishes with great lunch specials and friendly service. Learn more.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).