Kick fun into high-gear at the best kid-friendly things to do in and around Houston from Monday, February 14 to Sunday, February 20, 2022.
This week, boogie away at a children’s museum, catch some early rodeo action, run across the Rockets court, have some Mardi Gras fun, and more.
Do you know an event that could make the list? Drop us a line at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Top 9 Things To Do for Kids & Families in Houston This Week
- Boogie Bash: Get Fit and Boogie at the Woodlands Children’s Museum | Tuesday, February 15 – Bring the kids to the Woodlands for Boogie Bash, an event that features fun music and activities that emphasize the importance of moving and exercising. Included with general admission; $7 for ages 1 and up. 11am.
- Katy Rodeo & Livestock Show at L.D. Robinson Pavilion | Thursday, February 17 to Saturday, February 19 – Catch the western vibe in Katy during a three-day show of animals, auctions and more. Kids are sure to enjoy seeing animals up close, the mutton bustin’ competition, carnival rides and games, plus all the wonderful cowboy action a rodeo brings. $10; $5 for ages 3 to 10; free for ages 2 and under. 7pm.
- 20th Anniversary Rockets Run at Toyota Center | Saturday, February 19 – Benefiting Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital, the family-friendly casual Rockets Run is offered in 2-mile, 5K and Kids K increments, beginning outside Toyota Center and ending across half-court. Participants will receive a ticket voucher for a Rockets game, a t-shirt and entry to a post-race party. Registration starts at $40. 7:30am.
- Mardi Gras Celebration at Kemah Boardwalk | Saturday, February 19 | FREE – Head down to the boardwalk and enjoy an all-day family-friendly celebration with music on the Plaza Stage from 3 Spot 12 and Flashpoint, plus kids crafts and a yachty gras boat parade at 7pm. Noon to 8pm.
- Bubbles & More Play Day at Nature Discovery Center | Saturday, February 19 | FREE – Bubbles bring out the best in everyone so spend a day with tons of bubble fun. Join in with the kids as they play with bubbles, hula hoops, jump ropes, sidewalk chalk and more. 1pm to 3pm.
- Indian Music Society of Houston at Children’s Museum Houston | Saturday, February 19 – Let the littles watch a thrilling Tabla drumming performance from the Indian Music Society of Houston. Included with general admission; $12 for ages 1 and up. 3pm.
- George Ranch Rodeo at George Ranch Historical Park | Saturday, February 19 – For more than 100 years, Black cowboys played an essential role in Fort Bend County ranching and this rodeo celebrates that heritage. Families can get in touch with their inner cowboy or cowgirl with live entertainment, kids activities, craft and food booths, a live rodeo and more. $20; $10 for ages 3 to 12. 4pm to 9:30pm.
- Sugar Gala at Imperial Park Recreation Center | Saturday, February 19 – Have a sweet night with your little princess at this father and daughter gala in Sugar Land (uncles and grandpas are also welcome), complete with rainbows and unicorns galore. Tickets must be purchased in advance and include hors d’oeuvres, photo stations, music and dancing. $15 per pair for residents; $35 for non-resident pairs, $5 for each additional child. 6pm to 8pm.
- Children’s Texas Art Festival at Bayou Bend Collection & Gardens | Sunday, February 20 | FREE – Celebrating art that helps forge a connection to Texas and American heritage—and created for and by kids, the free event offers demos, art-making workshops, games, a group project, and more. 1pm to 5pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).