Find the perfect things to do in H-Town with our 5-day Houston Valentine’s Weekend Guide for Thursday, February 10, 2022 through Valentine’s Day, Monday, February 14, 2022.
Confirm Before You Go
Some concerts, shows, and events have been canceled or postponed—or venues temporarily closed—due to staff or participants testing positive for Covid-19. This is particularly likely for touring shows. So be sure to check ahead with the organizer of any specific event to verify that it’s still happening as scheduled.
Add an Event, Offer or Attraction
Have a truly unique event, attraction, or offering that we missed? Let us know at [email protected] or order a Boosted Calendar Listing and we’ll add it within one business day (usually sooner). We also have more robust campaigns that will move the needle in attendance for concerts, festivals, markets, attractions, restaurants, and more. Contact us at [email protected] to learn more.
Things to Do All Weekend Long
- Underground Sounds: Joe McPhee with the Nameless Sound Ensembles at The Buffalo Bayou Cistern | Thursday to Sunday – The massive underground Cistern comes alive with four distinct concerts featuring Joe McPhee—multi-instrumentalist, improviser, composer, and creative music icon. In each performance he will play a different horned instrument and lead a different quartet. $20. Showtimes vary.
- Comedian Aries Spears at Houston Improv | Thursday to Sunday – The Chicago native brings his quick and aggressive wit to the Improv stage for five crowd-pleasing sets. Starts at $80 for two; $120 for four. Showtimes vary.
- Houston Symphony presents Valentine’s Weekend: Romantic French Masterworks at Jones Hall | Friday & Saturday | Virtual Option – Swoon to the sounds of French masterworks, featuring the compositions of Nadia and and Lili Boulanger, accomplished sisters who have won coveted awards and instructed the likes of Philip Glass and Quincy Jones. Saturday’s performance will also be livestreamed. $26 to $114. 8pm.
- Sesame Street Live! Let’s Party! at NRG Arena | Friday to Sunday – Dance along with Sesame Street favorites including Oscar the Grouch, Cookie Monster, Elmo, Big Bird, and more. $22 and up. Times vary.
- Burning Love Sammich at Mico’s Hot Chicken | Friday to Valentine’s Day, Monday – The limited run sandwich returns to Mico’s in the Heights, offering another level of spice with its Extra, Extra Hot chicken. Menu prices vary. 10:30am to 9:30pm.
- Men are from Mars – Women are from Venus: Live! at Hobby Center | Saturday & Sunday – The off-Broadway, one-man comedy, based on the New York Times’ #1 best-selling book by John Gray, fuses theater and stand-up while covering everything from dating and marriage to the bedroom. $70, but you may find hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Friday 8pm; Saturday 4pm and 8pm.
- Vincent Victoria presents The Slave Narratives: Love, Marriage & Heartbreak at Midtown Art Center | Saturday & Sunday – See and hear stories of love and marriage through the eyes of former slaves, as culled from poingnant interviews that took place during the 1930s. $25. 7pm both nights.
- The Slammer Cirque at Brazos Mall in Lake Jackson | Daily – The Slammer’s orange-striped big top comes to the Lake Jackson mall’s parking lot for an R-rated human circus telling the tale of two best friends who were wrongly convicted and their acrobatic and death-defying feats as they try to survive the U.S.’s most inescapable prison. Prices and times vary.
- Galveston Restaurant Week | Ends Sunday – Take advantage of breakfast, lunch, and dinner specials at 40+ island restaurants and dining destinations, with special fixed price multi-course meals. Continues through Sunday, February 13. Times and locations vary.
Valentine’s & Other Winter Options
- Anti-Valentine’s Day & Galentine’s Day Parties & Events Around Houston | Thursday to Sunday – There’s plenty to celebrate the single life and your bonds with your crew at pop-up events, escapes and celebrations for those who don’t want to dwell on your typical V-Day romance. Locations, prices and times vary.
- Valentine’s Day, Dinners, Events & Date Ideas Around Houston | Daily – Find the perfect Valentine’s Day dinner destinations, concerts, couples-themed comedy shows, dates, and other events around Houston over Valentine’s Weekend or the big day itself. Locations, prices and times vary.
New & Ongoing Theatrical Performances
Find plays, musicals, and other stage performances that span multiple weeks, organized by shows debuting this weekend, continuing their ongoing runs, or wrapping up with their final weekend performances. Multi-day performances that don’t span more than this weekend can be found above in the Things to Do All Weekend group.
- TUTS presents South Pacific at Hobby Center | Daily | Opening Weekend − Journey to Bali Hai in a new production of Rodgers’ and Hammerstein’s showstopper—and 1949 Tony-winner for Best Musical—about an American nurse stationed on a South Pacific island during WWII. $40 and up. Showtimes vary.
- The Lawsons at Ensemble Theatre | Thursday to Sunday | Opening Weekend – The Midtown theater company debuts an original production telling the story of Bill and Audrey Lawson, who fell in love through letters during the Civil Rights Movement and the effort to start church and change the landscape of Third Ward. $44 and up. Showtimes vary.
- Amerikin at Alley Theatre | Friday to Sunday | Opening Weekend – When new dad Jeff Browning, desperate for community, casually follows his buddy’s advice and signs up to join a white supremacist group, the results of his ancestry test prove surprising. Serious consequences come knocking and the line between “us” and “them” gets incredibly blurry. Prices and showtimes vary.
- Stages presents MacGyver: The Musical at the Gordy | Friday to Sunday | Ongoing Show − Delight as an audience member—including possibly you, if you volunteer in advance—and become MacGyver in a live production of this rock-n-roll musical comedy set in 1989 East Berlin. Starts at $25. Showtimes vary.
- Mother of the Maid at Main Street Theater | Saturday & Sunday | Ongoing Show − See the debut of this play that reimagines Joan of Arc’s epic tale through the eyes of her mother, a sensible, hard-working, God-fearing woman who is making sense of her headstrong daughter. Starts at $42. Showtimes vary.
- A.D. Players present No One Owns Me at the George Theater | Daily | Ongoing Show − A trafficking survivor turned counselor helps a trafficked aspiring singer-songwriter in a story about the triumph of human spirit. $36 to $75. Times vary.
- Houston Grand Opera presents The Magic Flute at Wortham Center | Thursday, Saturday & Sunday | Final Weekend − HGO debuts Mozart’s classic amid an immersive visual spectacle complete with projected film amidst live performances in the Theater District. Starts at $25. Showtimes vary.
- High School Play: A Nostalgia Fest at Alley Theatre | Daily | Final Weekend − Alley Theatre’s original production written by a Texas native, telling the story of a competitive high school theater troupe from Carrollton, Texas that makes a controversial choice closes out its run. Starts at $30. Showtimes vary.
Special Offers, Destinations, Pop-Up Markets & More
- Things to Do Inside in Houston When It’s Cold Outside – Explore 28 places to stay warm indoors, while having fun, that span attractions and destinations, coffee shops, restaurants, bars, and more.
- Outdoor Markets & Pop-Up Shopping Events Around Greater Houston | Daily | Most No Cover – With so many to choose from these days, you can browse, explore, and shop at one or all of Houston’s multiplying outdoor markets, many with live entertainment, food trucks, and other distractions.
- Temporary Museum Exhibits & Art Installations Around Greater Houston | Daily | Many FREE – Explore the many striking, stunning, and diverse exhibits exploring history, science, art, culture, and creativity around the Greater Houston metro area.
Tickets to Houston Pro Sports Games
- Houston Rockets at Toyota Center | 2022 Tickets on Sale | Sponsored − Save on 2022 Rockets games with cheaper, better or hard-to-find seats on the online resale market.
- Houston Dynamo at PNC Stadium | 2022 Tickets on Sale | Sponsored − Save on 2022 Dynamo games with cheaper, better or hard-to-find seats on the online resale market.
Thursday, February 10, 2022
- ReelAbilities Film Festival: ReelArt Crawl at Meek Studio & Gallery | FREE − In the build up to the 10th annual ReelAbilities Film Festival next week, check out the ReelArt exhibit and glass works created by artist Bill Meek, along with an art giveaway, drinks, live music, and more. 6pm to 9pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Toronto Raptors at Toyota Center – The Rockets host a visiting Toronto team, led by Fred VanVleet and rookie Scottie Barnes, in their last home game before the All-Star Break in two weeks. $7 and up, but you may find better or cheaper seats on the online resale marketplace. 7pm.
- Caribou at White Oak Music Hall – The electro pop producer offers a night of dance-worthy tunes, fresh off a touring sting through the United Kingdom. $26 in advance; $31 day of the show. 7pm.
- Felt Emo presents The Black Valentine’s Day Ball at Social Beer Garden HTX – Get in your feels at this Valentine’s event where you can mix and mingle, try your hand at speed dating, and vie for King and Queen of the Ball. Cover TBD. 8pm to 2am.
- Bob Schneider in Concert at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck | Virtual Options – The beloved Austin singer-songwriter returns to H-Town for two intimate performances on the Duck’s stage. 7pm and 9:30pm.
- The Wombats at House of Blues – The English indie rock band from Liverpool arrives stateside to perform songs from their brand new, chart-topping album, Fix Yourself, Not the World. $25. 8pm.
- Fat Tony at The Flat | No Cover – The Houston rapper, who last dropped his studio album, Exotica, in 2020, hits the decks for a DJ night at the low-key Montrose hang to spin some tunes. 9pm to 2am.
- More Great Things to Do All Weekend Long – Some of the biggest things to do are happening all weekend long. Scroll up and see our list, or browse Houston Experiences to save on museum passes, tours, and more.
Friday, February 11, 2022
- Barrel Room Tour at Saint Arnold Brewing Co. – Partake in a guided showing of Saint Arnold barrels, treats from Houston Dairymaids and Slow Dough, a souvenir tasting glass, samplings from a selection of barrel-aged beers, plus a 500 mL bottle of Barleywine aged in Bourbon Barrels to take home. $55. 6pm and 8pm.
- Menardi Gras at the 1838 Menard House in Galveston – The location of the island’s first Mardi Gras celebration kicks off the season with a night of fund, music, drinks, heavy hors d’oeuvres, and live music from N.O. Hustler’s Brass Band. $65 to $110. 7pm to 9pm.
- Grupo Kache at Bar Boheme | No Cover – Heat things up to the live Latin music from Grupo Kache on Boheme’s ample back patio near the corner of Fairview and Taft in the heart of Montrose. 7pm to 11pm.
- Ricardo Montaner at Smart Financial Centre – One of the best-selling artists of all time, the beloved Argentine-Venezuelan singer and songwriter comes to Sugar Land with songs from his latest album, Fe, plus faves from his decades-spanning career. $51 and up, but you may find hard-to-get, cheaper or better seats on the online ticket resale marketplace. 8pm.
- Kali, Flo Milli and Dess Dior at House of Blues – Femme It Forward joins with Live Nation to bring these three rappers to the House of Blues stage in Downtown. $45. 8pm.
- Gimme Gimme Disco at White Oak Music Hall – The ABBA tribute group hosts a disco dance party, inspired by the legendary ‘70s Swedish pop group, downstairs at WOMH. $17 in advance; $20 day of show. 9pm.
- Vini Vici at Stereo Live Houston – The Israeli psytrance duo spins while the crowd dances at the Westside club on Richmond Avenue. $15. 10pm to 2am.
- More Great Things to Do All Weekend Long – Some of the biggest things to do in Houston are happening all weekend long. Scroll up to see our list, or browse Houston Experiences to save on museum passes, tours, and more.
Things to Do on Saturday, February 12, Sunday, February 13 and Valentine’s Day Monday February 14, 2022.
Add Your Event
Don’t see your event? Order a Boosted Calendar Listing and we’ll add it within one business day. Or contact our advertising team to learn about larger campaigns, including bulk and discount options.