Circle these dates for the best kid-friendly things to do in and around Houston for February 2022.
This month, celebrate the Year of the Tiger, build up your imagination at a popular brick event, catch the adventure of a beloved yellow sponge, get down at a rodeo, and more.
Do you know an event that could make the list? Drop us a line at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Top 12 Things To Do for Kids & Families in Houston This Month: February 2022
- Disney Princess: The Concert at Smart Financial Centre | Friday, February 4 – Sing along to the enchanting soundtrack of Disney princesses from the iconic animated films, as sung by Tony- and Grammy-nominated artists. $39.50 and up. 7:30pm.
- 2022 Lunar New Year Festival at the Chinese Community Center of Houston | Saturday, February 5 | FREE – The Chinese Community Center’s annual family-friendly outdoor Lunar New Year Festival kicks off in Asiatown, highlighting a wide variety of cultural and family activities, local vendors, exciting lion and dragon dance performances, and more. This year, the festival will also kick off a series of exciting Asian Heritage seasonal programs that will highlight the culinary delights, artistic wonders, and ancient traditions of Asian cultures. 10am to 4pm.
- Brick Fest Live at NRG Center | Saturday, February 5 & Sunday, February 6 – The master builders in your home will live their brick building dreams at this annual event that showcases LEGO exhibits, interactive stage shows, activities, photo ops, life-sized models and more. $24.99 and up. 9am to 5pm.
- Monster Jam at NRG Stadium | Saturday, February 5 & Sunday, February 6 – Watch as 12,000-pound monster trucks hit soaring heights in a rip-roaring display of motorsport mania. $20 to more than $115, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Saturday 7pm; Sunday 3pm.
- The Spongebob Musical at Nancy Bock Center in the Woodlands | Friday, February 11 to Sunday, February 13 – Take an adventure to that pineapple under the sea with Spongebob and his Bikini Bottom pals. Their world faces a major crisis but an unexpected hero arrives to save the day. $22 in advance; $25 at the door. 7pm on Friday and Saturday; 2pm on Saturday and Sunday.
- Creative Kids with the Orange Show at Discovery Green | Saturday, February 12 | FREE – Let the kids get in touch with their creative side with the help of Houston’s own folk art destination, the Orange Show. This is a unique hands-on art experience using simple materials and found objects for ages 6 and up. 1pm to 3pm.
- 20th Anniversary Rockets Run at Toyota Center | Saturday, February 19 – Benefiting Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital, the family-friendly casual Rockets Run is offered in 2-mile, 5K and Kids K increments, beginning outside Toyota Center and ending across half-court. Participants will receive a ticket voucher for a Rockets game, a t-shirt and entry to a post-race party. Registration starts at $40. 7:30am.
- Bubbles & More Play Day at Nature Discovery Center | Saturday, February 19 | FREE – Bubbles bring out the best in everyone so spend a day with tons of bubble fun. Join in with the kids as they play with bubbles, hula hoops, jump ropes, sidewalk chalk and more. 1pm to 3pm.
- George Ranch Rodeo at George Ranch Historical Park | Saturday, February 19 – For more than 100 years, Black cowboys played an essential role in Fort Bend County ranching and this rodeo celebrates that heritage. Families can get in touch with their inner cowboy or cowgirl with live entertainment, kids activities, craft and food booths, a live rodeo and more. $20 for adults; $10 for children. 4pm to 9:30pm.
- Graeme’s Run at No Label Brewery in Katy | Saturday, February 26 – Bring the entire family out for a day of running and fun to support a great cause. Graeme’s Run raises money to support families by funding life-saving congenital heart defect research. All registrants will receive a Graeme’s Run t-shirt and all adults will receive a Graeme’s Run pint glass. Kids will also enjoy face-painting, a video game truck, Fairy Hair, baby goats from ROSE Therapeutic Farm, and more. $40; $20 for children. 9am to 2pm.
- 3rd Annual H-Town Sports Day at Central Green Park | Saturday, February 26 | FREE – The Katy park at La Centerra hosts its third annual event, bringing together professional athletes, mascots from Houston’s sports teams, cheerleaders and more. This year’s event also feature NASCAR racer (and Katy native) Ty Hymel, who will bring along his car for the crowd to check out. Noon to 4pm.
- Garden Railroad Fun Day at Rosenberg Railroad Museum | Sunday, February 27 – The train lovers in your life can watch in amazement at the various types of trains on Railroad Fun Day. Steam engines, circus trains, patriotic trains—or everyone’s favorite, Thomas—could make an exciting appearance. Plus, the museum will host fun seasonal activities for the kids. $6; free for ages under 2. 1pm to 4pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).