Updated Tuesday, January 24, 2022 at 2:46pm
Find the perfect things to do in H-Town with our Houston Weekend Guide for Thursday, January 27, 2022 through Sunday, January 30, 2022.
Despite cancelations—especially for touring shows—Houston events seem to continue to be returning to a more normal equilibrium, with a slightly more robust mix of options and organizers continuing to hold their announced events as they can. Some organizers, especially kid-focused activities, are still pretty strict about requesting masks. But regardless of your position, you should be able to find entertainment and distraction this weekend that fits your comfort level.
Confirm Before You Go
Some concerts, shows, and events have been canceled or postponed—or venues temporarily closed—due to staff or participants testing positive for Covid-19. This is particularly likely for touring shows. So be sure to check ahead with the organizer of any specific event to verify that it’s still happening as scheduled.
Add an Event, Offer or Attraction
Have a truly unique event, attraction, or offering that we missed? Let us know at [email protected] or order a Boosted Calendar Listing and we’ll add it within one business day (usually sooner). We also have more robust campaigns that will move the needle in attendance for concerts, festivals, markets, attractions, restaurants, and more. Contact us at [email protected] to learn more.
Things to Do All Weekend Long
- Galveston Restaurant Week | Daily – Take advantage of breakfast, lunch, and dinner specials at 40+ island restaurants and dining destinations, with special fixed price multi-course meals. Continues through Sunday, February 13. Times and locations vary.
- Cirque Italia: Water Circus at Katy Mills Mall | Daily – Cirque Italia brings its traveling Water Circus to Katy, featuring a stage that holds 35,000 gallons of water over which performers display amazing feats of acrobatics. Prices and times vary.
- 65th Annual Houston Boat Show & Houston Auto Show at NRG Center | Daily – Two big annual H-Town events return to NRG in the same weekend, with five days of the latest and best vehicles available on land and sea. $15 gets you into both shows; free for ages 5 and under. Times vary.
- 5th Annual Simone Biles Invitational at George R. Brown Convention Center | Friday to Sunday − Watch gymnastic schools and teams from across Texas compete and show their prowess at a three-day exhibition, complete with autograph-signing sessions with the Houston-born Olympic champion, Simone Biles. Times vary.
- Noel Miller at Houston Improv | Friday to Sunday – The West Houston venue hosts a weekend of biting one-liners and topical social commentary from Noel Miller, who’s on tour with his latest set, My Darkest Hour. $70 for a table of two. Times vary.
- Galveston Museum Day 2022 in Downtown Galveston | Saturday & Sunday – Explore the history and legacy of Galveston Island and beyond when 12 historic museums and locations open their doors with free or buy-one-get-one free admission and special offers. Hours and locations vary.
- Fly Girls of World War II Opening Weekend at Lone Star Flight Museum | Saturday & Sunday − Learn about the brave women who served as air pilots during WWII at the debut of the flight’s museum’s new temporary exhibit when it debuts this weekend. Curator talk on Saturday morning. 10am to 5pm both days.
- Lunar New Year Food Festival at 8th Wonder Brewery | Saturday & Sunday − Savor the flavors of global cuisines from Laos, Japan, Philippines, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, and more from 30+ food vendors, while enjoying 8th Wonder brews, live music, and more. Times vary.
- 2022 Autograph Show of Texas at Pasadena Fairgrounds & Convention Center | Saturday & Sunday – Grab your favorite memorabilia for autographs and snap photos with sports superstars including Pete Rose, Allen Iverson, Emmitt Smith, Ric Flair, the Undertaker, Hakeem “The Dream” Olajuwon, Clyde Drexler, and many more. $10; free for ages under 12. Autographs and photos are separate, individual charges and vary in price. Times vary.
Lunar New Year & Winter Options
- Lunar New Year Celebrations & Events Around Houston | Most FREE – Although the Year of the Tiger doesn’t officially arrive until next Tuesday, there are plenty of events this weekend and next to bounce into the new year with a roar. Times and locations vary.
- Things to Do Inside in Houston When It’s Too Cold Outside – Explore 28 places to stay warm indoors, while having fun, that span attractions and destinations, coffee shops, restaurants, bars, and more.
- SPORTSKIND: Houston’s Finest Sports League | Daily | Winter & Spring 2022 Registration Now Open − Whether you’re a novice, or seasoned athletes, SPORTSKIND Houston offers local sports leagues that you can join, play, and reap the emotional and physical gains of team sports like soccer, indoor volleyball and sand volleyball, softball, basketball, flag football, and kickball—plus more social competitive leagues like Pickleball and Cornhole.
New & Ongoing Theatrical Performances
- High School Play: A Nostalgia Fest at Alley Theatre | Daily | Ongoing − This original production written by a Texas native, tells the story of a competitive high school theater troupe from Carrollton, Texas is climbing back to the top from last year’s unprecedented loss, but a controversial choice for a new production pits the community against each other. Starts at $30. Showtimes vary.
- A.D. Players present No One Owns Me at the George Theater | Daily | Opening Weekend − A trafficking survivor turned counselor helps a trafficked aspiring singer-songwriter in a story about the triumph of human spirit. $36 to $75. Times vary.
- The Garden Theatre presents White Rabbit Red Rabbit at MATCH | Friday to Sunday | Final Shows − Featuring a different actor each night—each of whom is reading the script for the first time as they perform it live on stage—the one-person show is a global phenomenon authored by a native of Iran who was forbidden from leaving his country after refusing obligated military service. Showtimes vary.
- Classical Theatre Company presents R.U.R. (Rossum’s Universal Robots) at the DeLuxe Theater | Daily | Final Shows − Just in time for the play’s 100th anniversary, CTX presents the early 20th century exploration of what happens to humanity when every person offloads their responsibilities to automatons in their service. Showtimes vary.
- 4th Wall Theatre Company presents The Lifespan of a Fact at Studio 101 | Daily | Ongoing − 4th Wall presents an adaptation of the recent Broadway hit, a hysterical yet gripping ethical dispute over facts versus truth, on the H-Town stage. Starts at $17. Showtimes vary.
- Dance Nation at the Rec Room | Daily | Ongoing − An army of pre-teen competitive dancers plots to take over the world with their new routine debuting at the Boogie Down Grand Prix in Tampa Bay. Showtimes vary. Starts at $40; with discounts for students and ages 65+. 7:30pm nightly.
Destinations, Pop-Up Markets & More
- Top 12 Plant Nurseries & Garden Centers Around Greater Houston – It may seem counter-intuitive, but it’s time to plan for spring planting, or potting new indoor plants. Check out our picks for the top 12 providers in the metro.
- Top 6 Bagel Shops Around Greater Houston – Check six of the best spots for tasty, fresh bagels in Bellaire, Katy, Jersey Village, Montrose, Sugar Land, and the Westside
- Outdoor Markets & Pop-Up Shopping Events Around Greater Houston | Daily | Most No Cover – With so many to choose from these days, you can browse, explore, and shop at one or all of Houston’s multiplying outdoor markets, many with live entertainment, food trucks, and other distractions.
- Limited Time Museum Exhibits & Art Installations Around Greater Houston | Daily | Many FREE – Explore the many striking, stunning, and diverse exhibits exploring history, science, art, culture, and creativity around the Greater Houston metro area.
Tickets to Houston Pro Sports Games
- Houston Rockets at Toyota Center | 2022 Tickets on Sale | Sponsored − Save on 2022 Rockets games with cheaper, better or hard-to-find seats on the online resale market.
- Houston Dynamo at PNC Stadium | 2022 Tickets on Sale | Sponsored − Save on 2022 Dynamo games with cheaper, better or hard-to-find seats on the online resale market.
Thursday, January 27, 2022
- Children’s Music Class in the Park with Vivaldi at Sugar Land Town Square | FREE – Bring your favorite kiddos to the heart of Sugar Land for a morning session of singing, dancing and music-based learning from the good folks at Vivaldi. 10am.
- Children’s Bingo at Levy Park | FREE – Bring the kids to practice their letters and numbers while earning prizes at a bingo game at Levy Park. 4:30pm.
- Buffalo Trace Pairing Dinner at Whiskey Cake Katy – Savor the rich and intricate flavors at a five-course meal paired with cocktails made with Buffalo Trace spirits. $100. 7pm.
- The Riot Comedy Show’s Rideshare Confessions at Rudyard’s – Crack up to the horror stories and hilarious tales told by real life Uber, Lyft, and other rideshare drivers. Starts at $10. 7:30pm.
- Manifesto Showcase at Super Happy Fun Land – Show up for a showcase of live music and poetry, complemented by cheap drinks, Flakey’s Pizza, thrift store shopping, and more in Second Ward. $5. 8:30pm to midnight.
- Bijou at Stereo Live Houston – Dance to the tunes of BIJOU, Nostalgix, and Michael Sparks at the 18 and up Westside EDM nightclub experience. $10. 10pm to 2am.
- More Great Things to Do All Weekend Long – Some of the biggest things to do are happening all weekend long. Scroll up and see our list, or browse Houston Experiences to save on museum passes, tours, and more.
Friday, January 28, 2022
- Vibes at Slug’s Saloon at Contemporary Arts Museum Houston| FREE with RSVP – Catch a live lunchtime musical performance in the Museum Distict, inspired by legendary jazz vibraphonist Bobby Hutcherson and mainly utilizing instruments that are part of the CAMH’s Dirty South installation. Advance tickets required. Noon to 1pm.
- 2022 Crawdaddy Party at Live Oak Bar & Grill | No Cover – Celebrate the return of crawfish season under the big live oak tree, with Cajun-style craw-dads with all the fixin’s, drink specials, and more. 2pm to 10am.
- Splat Houston Indoor Paintball Grand Opening in Spring Branch | FREE – Houston’s massive new indoor paintball facility officially celebrates its opening, with Lunar New Year dragon dances, exhibitions by pro paintball players, DJ tunes, giveaways, food trucks, and more. 5pm to 10pm.
- Steakhouse, Fonda San Miguel Style at Central Market Cooking School – Drawing from Austin’s beloved restaurant serving authentic interior Mexican food, Central Market teaches how to make the perfect mole and thin strip of meat grilled to perfection $70. 6:30pm.
- Guys’ Night Out: Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trail Blazers at Toyota Center – The Rockets fend off the boys from PDX, while game-goers can make good on a special ticket package that includes two drinks (beer, soft drinks, or water) along with entry. Starts at $20, but you may find tickets only (no drinks) that are cheaper or better seats on the online resale market. 7pm.
- Comedian Tom Segura at Smart Financial Centre – Known for spinning hilarious, relatable tales with aloofness, the comedian and co-host of the Your Mom’s House podcast, brings his I’m Coming Everywhere Tour to H-Town for one night. $35 to $79, but you may find cheaper, better, or hard-to-get seats on the online ticket resale market. 7pm.
- Dinner & Dancing with Doppelganger at Sambuca Houston | No Cover – Enjoy a sumptuous dinner and burn it off cutting a rug to the energetic covers from the nine-piece band Doppleganger at Sambuca, located inside the historic Rice Hotel in Downtown. 7pm to 11:30pm.
- White Oak Benefit Show Series at White Oak Music Hall – Catch a showcase of local bands performing covers of hit songs from artists like Black Sabbath, Portishead, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Bruce Springsteen, and more. The show will help provide mental health services to people in Houston’s music and arts scene. $10. 8pm.
- P.O.D. with Nonpoint, Norma Jean, Living Sacrifice at Warehouse Live – The hip-hop metal band enters its 30th year and celebrates with a tour, joined by fellow metalcore groups on a packed, headbanging lineup. $25 in advance; $28 day of show. 8pm.
- The SpeakEasy Comedy Lounge at Phil & Derek’s | No Cover – Get your laughter on with comedians Stacy Anderson and Tammy Mooney at the New Orleans-in-Houston restaurant and lounge in Midtown. $20. 8pm.
- Holy Wave in Concert at Satellite Bar – The psych rock group out of El Paso swings through the East End for a show at Satellite Bar, performing songs from their mid-2020 release, Interloper. $13. 9pm.
- Westside Boogie at the Secret Group – The Compton rapper comes to EaDo to perform songs from his debut studio album, Everythings for Sale. $25. 9pm.
- Exposure at Fitzcarraldo | No Cover – Groove to Afro, deep, and soulful tunes spun by notable DJs on the expansive, tropical destination-inspired patio lounge on Navigation in the East End. 9pm to 2am.
- More Great Things to Do All Weekend Long – Some of the biggest things to do in Houston are happening all weekend long. Scroll up to see our list, or browse Houston Experiences to save on museum passes, tours, and more.
Add Your Event
Don’t see your event? Order a Boosted Calendar Listing and we’ll add it within one business day. Or contact our advertising team to learn about larger campaigns, including bulk and discount options.