Updated Monday, January 24, 2022 at 10:55pm.
Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Monday, January 24, 2021 through Sunday, January 30, 2022.
Your favorite nightlife guide is back to cure your weekly FOMO. We’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of comedy, music, and nightlife events happening all week long around Houston, from Monday through Sunday.
Here are our picks for Day & Nightlife shenanigans around Houston from Monday, January 24 to Sunday, January 30, 2022.
Day + Nightlife Guide in Houston: January 24 to 30, 2022
- Galveston Restaurant Week | Daily – The culinary bonanza returns to the island for another year of breakfast, lunch and dinner menus at attractive price points from more than 40 restaurants. From beach-side Gulf dining and upscale steakhouses to messy burgers and hearty gumbos, Galveston has plenty to offer during Restaurant Weeks, which runs to Sunday, February 13. $20 to $45 for dinners; $10 to $20 for breakfasts, brunches and lunches. Times vary.
- Noel Miller at Houston Improv | Friday to Sunday – The West Houston venue hosts a weekend of biting one-liners and topical social commentary from Noel Miller, who’s on tour with his latest set, My Darkest Hour. $70 for a table of two. Times vary.
- Lunar New Year Food Festival at 8th Wonder Brewery | Saturday & Sunday − Savor the flavors of global cuisines from Laos, Japan, Philippines, Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, and more from 30+ food vendors, while enjoying 8th Wonder brews, live music, and more. Times vary.
- Lunar New Year Celebrations & Events Around Houston | Saturday & Sunday | Most FREE – Although the Year of the Tiger doesn’t officially arrive until next Tuesday, there are plenty of events this weekend and next to bounce into the new year with a roar. Times and locations vary.
- SPORTSKIND: Houston’s Finest Sports League | Daily | Winter & Spring 2022 Registration Now Open − Whether you’re a novice, or seasoned athletes, SPORTSKIND Houston offers local sports leagues that you can join, play, and reap the emotional and physical gains of team sports like soccer, indoor volleyball and sand volleyball, softball, basketball, flag football, and kickball—plus more social competitive leagues like Pickleball and Cornhole.
Monday, January 24, 2022
- Monday Night Karaoke at Darwin’s Pub | No Cover – If you want to show off your falsetto and sing to a crowd, Darwin’s Pub near Washington Avenue has you covered on Monday nights. John Puma hosts a jam-packed night of performances for anyone ready to hop on stage. 8:30pm.
Tuesday, January 25, 2022
- Tacos & Trivia Tuesday at True Anomaly Brewing | No Cover – Join in for a game trivia with rounds focusing on general knowledge, visual cues, outer space, and more. First, second, and third place winners score gift cards and beer to-go. 7:30pm.
Wednesday, January 26, 2022
- Live Trivia Game Nights at Eureka Heights Brew Co. | No Cover – Showcase your general knowledge superiority at the Greater Heights breweries weekly trivia challenge. 7pm.
- Music Bingo at Southern Star Brewing Company | No Cover – Craft Quiz Co. heads up an evening of music-inspired bingo in Conroe. 7pm to 10pm.
- Comedian Josh Pray at Houston Improv – Known for his positive energy and hilarious insights, up and coming social media sensation Josh Pray takes to the stage for a single night. Starts at $40 for 2. 8pm.
Thursday, January 27, 2022
- Buffalo Trace Pairing Dinner at Whiskey Cake Katy – Savor the rich and intricate flavors at a five-course meal paired with cocktails made with Buffalo Trace spirits. $100. 7pm.
- Beetle Thursday at The Continental Club – Get back and bask in the sounds of the lads from Liverpool when Houston’s Beatles cover band takes over the MidMain venue. $10. 7pm to 10pm.
- The Riot Comedy Show’s Rideshare Confessions at Rudyard’s – Crack up to the horror stories and hilarious tales told by real life Uber, Lyft, and other rideshare drivers. Starts at $10. 7:30pm.
- Manifesto Showcase at Super Happy Fun Land – Show up for a showcase of live music and poetry, complemented by cheap drinks, Flakey’s Pizza, thrift store shopping, and more in Second Ward. $5. 8:30pm to midnight.
- Bijou at Stereo Live Houston – Dance to the tunes of BIJOU, Nostalgix, and Michael Sparks at the 18 and up Westside EDM nightclub experience. $10. 10pm to 2am.
Friday, January 28, 2022
- Vibes at Slug’s Saloon at Contemporary Arts Museum Houston | FREE with RSVP – Catch a live lunchtime musical performance in the Museum Distict, inspired by legendary jazz vibraphonist Bobby Hutcherson and mainly utilizing instruments that are part of the CAMH’s Dirty South installation. Advance tickets required. Noon to 1pm.
- 2022 Crawdaddy Party at Live Oak Bar & Grill | No Cover – Celebrate the return of crawfish season under the big live oak tree, with Cajun-style craw-dads with all the fixin’s, drink specials, and more. 2pm to 10am.
- Mosaic Music Lounge at Discovery Green | FREE – Groove to tunes spun by DJs curated by DJ Sun under the trees and among the lights of Mosaic of Light at Discovery Green. Bring dollars and your ID to buy cocktails. 6pm to 9pm.
- Guys’ Night Out: Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trail Blazers at Toyota Center – The Rockets fend off the boys from PDX, while game-goers can make good on a special ticket package that includes two drinks (beer, soft drinks, or water) along with entry. Starts at $20, but you may find tickets only (no drinks) that are cheaper or better seats on the online resale market. 7pm.
- Comedian Tom Segura at Smart Financial Centre – Known for spinning hilarious, relatable tales with aloofness, the comedian and co-host of the Your Mom’s House podcast, brings his I’m Coming Everywhere Tour to H-Town for one night. $35 to $79, but you may find cheaper, better, or hard-to-get seats on the online ticket resale market. 7pm.
- White Oak Benefit Show Series at White Oak Music Hall – Catch a showcase of local bands performing covers of hit songs from artists like Black Sabbath, Portishead, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Bruce Springsteen, and more. The show will help provide mental health services to people in Houston’s music and arts scene. $10. 8pm.
- P.O.D. with Nonpoint, Norma Jean, Living Sacrifice at Warehouse Live – The hip-hop metal band enters its 30th year and celebrates with a tour, joined by fellow metalcore groups on a packed, headbanging lineup. $25 in advance; $28 day of show. 8pm.
- The SpeakEasy Comedy Lounge at Phil & Derek’s | No Cover – Get your laughter on with comedians Stacy Anderson and Tammy Mooney at the New Orleans-in-Houston restaurant and lounge in Midtown. $20. 8pm.
- Holy Wave in Concert at Satellite Bar – The psych rock group out of El Paso swings through the East End for a show at Satellite Bar, performing songs from their mid-2020 release, Interloper. $13. 9pm.
- Westside Boogie at the Secret Group – The Compton rapper comes to EaDo to perform songs from his debut studio album, Everythings for Sale. $25. 9pm.
- Exposure at Fitzcarraldo | No Cover – Groove to Afro, deep, and soulful tunes spun by notable DJs on the expansive, tropical destination-inspired patio lounge on Navigation in the East End. 9pm to 2am.
Saturday, January 29, 2022
- Lucky Gnocchi Day at Piola in Midtown & Memorial – Dig into an all-you-can-eat gnocchi special, served in a variety of sauces, with a special menu option at the popular Italian outpost in Midtown and Memorial. $15.95. 11am to 9pm.
- 4th Annual Gumbo Cook-off at Cedar Creek Bar & Grill | No Cover – Help decide whose roux will reign supreme at winter gumbo cookoff complete with tastings, drinks, live music from Heights Funk Collective and tunes spun by DJ Dayta. 1pm to 6pm.
- The Velcro Pygmies at Rise Rooftop − The Louisville rock band rolls into H-Town for an early evening show in Midtown. $12. 6pm.
- Comedian Ronny Chieng at House of Blues – Appearing as Jon Jon in the Marvel blockbuster, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, as well as a senior correspondent on Comedy Central’s The Daily Show, the award-winning Malaysian comedian performs two sets in Downtown$35. 7pm and 9pm.
- Bayou City Funk & The Watters in Concert at The Heights Theater – Catch a double-header concert in the Heights showcasing local favorites Bayou City Funk and Austin’s beloved soul/rock/Americana group The Watters. $18. 8pm.
- Taylor Fest at Warehouse Live – Swifties will celebrate the career-spanning works of Taylor Swift’s extensive catalog including smash hits and deep cuts, a photobooth, drink specials, and guest DJs. $12 in advance; $15 day of show. 9pm.
- Morgan Page at Stereo Live – The Grammy-nominated prog house producer and DJ brings an ethereal mix of songs and popular remixes to the West Houston stage. $10 to $35. 10pm to 2am.
- Sublime: Yaya at Rise Rooftop − Italian DJ, producer and owner of Tamango Records takes to the decks at Rise in Midtown, with local DJS from HTX and ATX opening. $20. 10pm to 3am.
- The Montrose Market at Pavement | No Cover − Uncover vintage treasure as Montrose’s strip of vinThe Market at River Oaks District | No Cover – Browse the wares of local farmers, artisans, and chefs at an open air market set up on the streets of the toney shopping district. 11am to 3pm.
- 7th Annual Chili Cook-Off at Ladybirds− Warm up fiery chili at the Washington Heights local, with all-you-can-eat chili and a beer or frozen drink for $25. Noon to 5pm.
- Bands, Booze & Tattoos at Social Beer Garden | No Cover – The monthly late Sunday brunch in Midtown features bites and drinks along with live music, a live tattoo artist, and more 4pm to 8pm.
- The Life & Music of George Michael at House of Blues – Celebrate the music and legacy of a pop icon in the hugely successful solo artist and member of Wham!, George Michael. $26. 8pm.
- Island Idol Season 5 at 23rd Street Station Piano Bar in Galveston | No Cover – Grab a seat and a drink to watch island-area hopefuls compete for the 2022 champion title at the second week of this six-week annual series inspired by American Idol. 8pm to 11pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).