Updated Friday, January 14, 2022 at 1:05am
Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Monday, January 10, 2021 to Sunday, January 16, 2022.
Your favorite nightlife guide is back to cure your weekly FOMO. We’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening all week long around Houston, from Monday through Sunday.
Here are our picks for Day & Nightlife in Houston from Monday, January 10 to Sunday, January 16, 2022.
Day + Nightlife Guide in Houston: January 10 to 16, 2022
- Houston Salsa Congress 2022 at The Westin Houston, Memorial City | Friday, January 15 to Sunday, January 16 − Embrace the beauty, passion and culture of Latin dance as the Houston Salsa Congress returns to in-person gatherings, with three days of dance workshops, performances, concerts, and social dancing until the sun comes up. Times vary.
- Rod Man at Houston Improv | Friday, January 15 to Sunday, January 16 − Comedian Rod Man brings his laid back style, southern charm, wit, and ability to find the funny in everyday life to the Improv stage for five shows. Showtimes vary.
Monday, January 10, 2022
- LGBTQ Pride Monday at Tinders Houston – Show your pride all year long at Tinders Houston’s weekly LGBTQ+ friendly event. Take advantage of their drink specials, delicious food and music to get you moving at the North Houston nightclub. $10. 7pm.
- Monday Night Karaoke at Darwin’s Pub | No Cover – If you want to show off your falsetto and sing to a crowd, Darwin’s Pub near Washington Avenue has you covered on Monday nights. John Puma hosts a jam-packed night of performances for anyone ready to hop on stage. 8:30pm.
Tuesday, January 11, 2022
- Tacos & Trivia Tuesday at True Anomaly Brewing | No Cover – Join in for a game trivia with rounds focusing on general knowledge, visual cues, outer space, and more. First, second, and third place winners score gift cards and beer to-go. 7:30pm.
Wednesday, January 12, 2022
- January Wheelie Fun Bike Ride at Eureka Heights Brew Co. | No Cover – Join in a 7-mile bike ride with stops, staring from Eureka Heights and finishing at Wicklow Heights. 7pm.
Thursday, January 13, 2022
- You Can’t Be Serious: A Conversation With Kal Penn at Asia Society Texas Center – Best known from Harold and Kumar, House, and Designated Survivor, Kal Penn shares stories from his recent memoir, You Can’t Be Serious. $30; $20 members. 6:30pm.
- Trampled by Turtles at White Oak Music Hall – The bluegrass band teams up with Deer Tick for a trip through Texas while touring songs from their beloved albums, like 2018’s chart-topping Life Is Good on the Open Road. $30 in advance; $35 day of show. 6:30pm.
- The Dirty South Sound Series: Gracie Chavez at CAMH | FREE – Houston’s Radio Bombon host and urban tropical DJ spins on the plaza for an evening in the second edition of the sound series that accompanies the CAMH’s current exhibit, with a slab on hand and food truck bites from Umbrella Fellas. 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Harry Potter Trivia at Walking Stick Brewing Company | No Cover – Brush off your Hogwarts knowledge and duke it out with your fellow aspiring witches and wizards at a night of Wizarding World trivia in Garden Oaks. 7pm.
- The Riot Comedy Show presents The Gay Agenda: A Queer Variety Show at Rudyard’s – The Riot presents a comedy showcase of LGBTQ+ life at a show that’s open to all, comparing and contrasting similarities and differences. Starts at $10. 9:30pm.
- AFK at Stereo Live | No Cover with RSVP – The Denver-based EDM producer and DJ spins at the Richmond Avenue club and venue in West Houston. 10pm to 2am.
Friday, January 14, 2022
- Cheers to Betty White! at Eureka Heights Brew Co. | No Cover – The Heights brewery toasts to the late, great Betty White with two IPAs that take her namesake, plus an evening of Betty White raffle prizes, rose cupcakes and a commemorative take-home glass. 3pm to 9pm.
- Truchard Vineyards Wine Tasting at Revival Market – Revival Market invites wine enthusiasts to a special night of tasting and learning about Truchard Vineyards from Napa, California. All wines will be paired with small bites from the kitchen, as well as a charcuterie and cheese display to snack on throughout the night. $85. 5:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Brewery Bingo at 4J Brewery Company − Try your luck and vie for cash and beer prizes at the all women-owned and -brewed brewery in Spring Branch. $5 cash for bingo cards. 7pm to 9pm.
- Live Music & Dancing: Grupo Kache at Bar Boheme | No Cover − Kick up your heals to the lively live Latin music of Grupo Kache in the heart of Montrose. 7pm to 11pm.
- Friday Karaoke Party at Wakefield Crowbar | No Cover − Belt out your favorite tunes, and fuel your courage with the help of drink and shot specials at the Garden Oaks drinkery. 7:30pm to 1am.
- One Fry Short with Los Vertigos at Leon’s Lounge | No Cover − Kick back with a night of alternative and classic rock tunes at the oldest bar in Houston, Leon’s Lounge in Midtown. 8pm to 11pm.
- Classic Numbers at Numbers Nightclub − The longest running dance night—including a weekly livestream from still-goingDJ Wes Wallace during the 2020 lockdown—continues to delight adults with an in-person throwback club dance highlighting alt’ songs from ’80s and early ’90s. Cover at the door. 9pm to 2:15pm.
- Lil Jon’s 1st Annual Birthday Party at Sekai Night & Day − Former frontman of the Eastside Boyz, Lil Jon, spins in EaDo celebrating one year since his 35th b-day. $10. 10pm to 2am.
Saturday, January 15, 2022
- 13th Annual Yaga’s Chili Quest & Beer Fest on the Strand − After down-sizing for 2021, Yaga’s popular, early-year chili and beer tasting festival returns to Galveston’s Stand in its tastiest form. $12. 10am to 6pm.
- Betty White’s 100th Birthday at Star Sailor | No Cover − Celebrate the life of the beloved TV comedian in Timbergrove with Golden Girls viewings, pop-up vendors, vodka tasting, crafts, free goodies, and more. 3pm to 10pm.
- 10×10 Art Show 2022 at Hardy & Nance Studios | No Cover − Visit artist’s open studios and browse a 700+ of original artworks created by almost 200 local artists—all sized 10 inches by 10 inches—and enjoy free Karbach beer. 5pm to 9pm.
- Obscure Houston Oddities Market at Brash Brewing Company | No Cover − Browse and buy unusual items, quirky gifts, and more from about 25 vendors in Garden Oaks / Oak Forest. 5pm to 11pm.
- Neon Thrash’s Ride the Rainbow! Opening Reception at Urban South HTX | No Cover − Check out 100+ vividly painted wooden creations by Neon Thrash (aka Brian Dibala) at an exhibition debut at the Near Northside brewery. 6pm to 10pm.
- Two Friends in Concert at House of Blues − The L.A.-based DJ/producer duo of Eli Sones and Matthew Halper—best known for their hour-long “Big Bootie” mixes—bring their dance music decks to Downtown as part of their Adventureland Tour. $29.50. 7:30pm.
- D Smoke in Concert at Warehouse Live – The winner of Netflix’s Rhythm + Flow and two-time Grammy-nominated rapper, D Smoke stops by the EaDo stage to tour his sophomore studio album, War & Wonders. $25 in advance; $30 day of show. 8pm.
- Hybrid House: Electric Rhythm of the City at the Dive − Dance to EDM and DJ tunes with a lineup of spinners spinning at the Dice in tucked away in Downtown. $10. 9am to 2am.
- Jake Paul hosts King of the Ring Bottle War at Clé Houston – The Midtown mainstay welcomes YouTuber Jake Paul for its first ever bottle completion, where the buyer of the most bottles wins the championship title. $20. Table reservations available. 10pm to 2am.
- E-Rock at Sekai Night & Day − See the Vegas DJ’s Sekai debut, accompanied by the new venue’s immersive audio-visual spectacle. $10. 10pm to 2am.
- Karbach Houston Marathon Noise Making Party on Allen Parkway | FREE – Show your support—and offer Karbach brewskis to runners while you enjoy your own—at a late stage cheering-on celebration for the Chevron Houston Marathon. Expect parking to be hard the later the morning gets. 8am to noon.
- Hop Topic World’s Annual Chili Cook-Off at Holler Brewing Co. – Taste through chilis and enjoy Holler craft beers at this annual chili cook-off. $18 includes unlimited chili samples, a swag bag (for the first 50 tickets), a voting token and giveaways. Noon to 4pm; judging begins at 2pm.
- New Heights Art Collective’s New Year, New You! Art Market at Re:HAB Bar on the Bayou | No Cover − The monthly market from New Heights Art Collective (NHAC) morphs into its new monthly form, featuring tasty tunes from DJ Alibi, tastier bites from Tacos a la Madre, and tastiest drinks from Re:HAB. Noon to 6pm.
- Sunday Funday Brunch & Day Party at Chapman & Kirby | No Cover – No better way to end the New Year’s weekend than at Chapman & Kirby’s weekly Sunday Funday. Enjoy the live music, creative cocktails, and a delicious brunch filled with southern classics, Tex-Mex and much more. Noon to 10pm.
- Winter Wonder Rock Festival at White Oak Music Hall − Rock out at a day packed with rock performances, including appearances by the Halfpipes, Everglaze, Adult Superstition, Violet Theory, and more. $15 advance; $20 at the door. 2pm to midnight. 3pm to 10pm.
- Sunday Funday at Wakefield Crowbar | No Cover − Celebrate a Sunday that likely leads into another day off on Monday with drink and food specials and sand volleyball play in Garden Oaks. 3:30pm to 8pm.
- Betty White’s Celebration of Life at The Branch | No Cover − Pay your respects and show your trivia chops at a special evening honoring Betty White’s 100th at the Spring Branch Gastropub. 7pm to 9pm.
- Bunnies on the Bayou’s Snow Bunnies with DJ Danny Verde at ReBar − The Montrose gay bar pops with tunes by Danny Verde in a dance party fundraiser for the LGBTQ+ nonprofit Bunnies on the Bayou. $10 in advance; $15 at the door. 9pm to 2am.
- Sunday at Sekai Night & Day − Groove into the Monday holiday with late night Sunday Funday with tunes and vibes in EaDo. Cover TBD. 9:30pm to 2am.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).