Enjoy a fantastic week with the best kid-friendly things to do in and around Houston from Monday, January 3 to Sunday, January 9, 2022.
This week, soak in some nature, meet some scaly friends at the Zoo, enjoy a night around the campfire, and more.
Do you know an event that could make the list? Drop us a line at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Top 10 Things To Do for Kids & Families in Houston This Week
- Boogie Bash: All Shook Up at the Woodlands Children’s Museum | Tuesday, January 4 – Introduce the kids to the music of Elvis Presley through fun movement activities including a freeze dance, marching with rhythm instruments, and parachute play at the Woodlands Children’s Museum. Included with general admission; $7 for ages 1 and up. 11am.
- Wild Wednesday: Wintering Beasts at Houston Audubon Society | Wednesday , January 5 – Let your littles discover the natural world through outdoor adventures, direct instruction, crafts, and educational games at the Edith L. Moore Nature Sanctuary in West Houston. Parents or guardians must accompany children. $10 for ages 3 to 6. 9:30am to 11:30am.
- Radical Reptiles at Houston Zoo | Thursday, January 6 – Visit the Reptile House to explore the different worlds that lizards, snakes, and turtles inhabit, and learn about the unique behaviors that help them survive. Designed for ages 18 to 23 months. Registration is required. $40 for 1 child and parent. 9:30am.
- Children’s Bingo at Levy Park | Thursday, January 6 | FREE – Yell “Bingo!” at this 30-minute program, ideal for ages 4 to 12, that provides a fun way for children to practice their letters and numbers while earning prizes. Levy Park provides the Bingo cards, markers, and prizes. 4:30pm.
- Storybook Opera: Lula the Mighty Grio at Children’s Museum Houston | Thursday, January 6 | FREE – Houston Grand Opera performs Lula the Mighty Grio, a children’s tale from Houston Poet Laureate, Deborah D.E.E.P. Mouton. Held on Free Family Night at the museum, this event features a mix of picture books and singing storytellers. 6pm.
- Family Magic & Comedy For All Ages with Carter Blackburn at Houston Improv | Saturday, January 8 – Experience Carter Blackburn’s magic and comedy at a show featuring a mixture of high-energy magic, illusions, juggling, sleight of hand, danger, and lots of audience interaction. $20 to $60. 2pm.
- 3D Pattern-Making with HCCC at Discovery Green | Saturday, January 8 | FREE – Houston Center for Contemporary Craft hosts an art-inspired event that helps kids create three-dimensional cut-out crafts. 1pm to 3pm.
- Family Campfire Night at Nature Discovery Center | Saturday, January 8 – Bring the family for a night around a campfire with hotdogs and s’mores. After savoring those campfire necessities, head out for a guided hike around the park. Minimum age is 4. $35 per person. 6pm to 8pm.
- Parent & Child: An Alice in Wonderland-inspired Tea Party at Central Market Cooking School | Sunday, January 9 – Spend an afternoon together creating and then enjoying some tea-time treats, inspired by the characters of Alice in Wonderland. Mad Hatter tea party attire is encouraged. $60. 11am.
- Star Wars Night: Houston Rockets vs. Minnesota Timberwolves at Toyota Center | Sunday, January 9 – Feel the force as the Rockets take on the Timberwolves on Star Wars Night. Enjoy special themed entertainment from a galaxy far, far away and snap a photo with characters walking the concourse. $10 and up, but you may find some better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).