Put on your dancing shoes for these must-see live shows and concerts around Houston from Monday, January 3 through Sunday, January 9, 2022.
This week, catch a legendary singer in Galveston, celebrate two music icons at the same bash, or catch a live show from your couch on the weekend.
Want to dig deeper for live concerts in Houston this month? Check the 365 Houston calendar for additional shows taking place across H-Town.
Top 10 Live Shows & Concerts in Houston This Week
- Loreta Kovacic CD Release Concert at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck | Thursday, January 6 | Virtual Option – The Croatian-born Houstonian takes the stage at the Upper Kirby Irish pub in support of her latest album, Fossil Pop & Piano. $30 and up. 7pm.
- Sojourns on the Silk Road: From the Orient to the Occident at MATCH | Friday, January 7 & Saturday, January 8 | Virtual Option – Take a musical journey of French and Spanish art song with a sensational concert that features mezzo-soprano Jessica Blau, pianist Katherine Ciscon, guitarist Marc Rosenberg and flamenco dancer Fanny Ara. Friday night’s performance will also be live streamed. $25; $15 for students. 7:30pm.
- Pink Martini with China Forbes at Jones Hall | Friday, January 7 to Sunday, January 9 | Virtual Option – The genre-bending “little orchestra” comes to the home of the Houston Symphony, featuring China Forbes and a special appearance by NPR’s Ari Shapiro. $29 and up ($20 for the livestream performance on Saturday). Friday & Saturday at 8pm; Sunday 2:30pm.
- Mavis Staples at the Grand 1894 Opera House in Galveston | Friday, January 7 – The legendary, pioneering gospel and R&B singer makes an appearance at Galveston’s historic stage on Postoffice Street. $38 to $98. 8pm.
- Kottonmouth Kings at Warehouse Live | Friday, January 7 – The Orange County hip-hop duo come to Warehouse in support of their April release, 25 to Life. $20. 7pm.
- Mother Mother at White Oak Music Hall | Friday, January 7 – The Canadian rockers take the downstairs stage at White Oak to promote their eighth studio album, Inside. Tickets are sold out at the venue, but you may find hard-to-get tickets using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Getter at Stereo Live | Friday, January 7 – The American DJ recently dropped the Some Creature EP and now brings his tour to the West Houston EDM venue. $20. 10pm.
- 13th Annual BowiElvis Fest at Continental Club | Saturday, January 8 – The annual celebration of two music icons who happen to share the same birthday, David Bowie and Elvis Presley, returns to the Mid-Main venue with performances on indoor and outdoor stages, along with face painting, games, a costume contest, prizes, food and more. $20 to $35. 7pm.
- Andrew Rayel at Stereo Live | Saturday, January 8 – Vibe to a night of trance from Moldovan DJ, Andrew Rayel. $12. 10pm.
- D Savage at Scout Bar | Sunday, January 9 – The “30 Round Clip” rapper swings through the Clear Lake stage while touring his latest release, BPL. $25 in advance. 8pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday.
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).