Snag your seats for our picks for the top concerts and live performances taking place across Houston in January 2022.
The new year brings a slate of concerts back to town, many of which are returning after a pandemic delay over the past two years.
You’ll find Sir Elton performing in Downtown, the return of an annual rock star celebration at Continental Club, legendary soul and gospel performers, and much more.
We’ve gathered some of the highlights to be found on this month’s concert schedule.
Want to dig deeper for live concerts in Houston this month? Check the 365 Houston calendar for additional shows taking place across H-Town.
Top 20 Live Shows & Concerts in Houston: January 2022
Week of Monday, January 3
- Mavis Staples at the Grand 1894 Opera House in Galveston | Friday, January 7 – The legendary, pioneering gospel and R&B singer makes an appearance at Galveston’s historic stage on Postoffice Street. $38 to $98. 8pm.
- Getter at Stereo Live | Friday, January 7 – The American DJ recently dropped the Some Creature EP and now brings his tour to the West Houston EDM venue. $20. 10pm.
- 13th Annual BowiElvis Fest at Continental Club | Saturday, January 8 – The annual celebration of two music icons who happen to share the same birthday, David Bowie and Elvis Presley, returns to the Mid-Main venue with performances on indoor and outdoor stages, along with face painting, games, a costume contest, prizes, food and more. $20 to $35. 7pm.
- D Savage at Scout Bar | Sunday, January 9 – The “30 Round Clip” rapper swings through the Clear Lake stage while touring his latest release, BPL. $25 in advance. 8pm.
Week of Monday, January 10
- Washed Out at Warehouse Live | Thursday, January 13 – The chillwave singer-songwriter and producer comes to EaDo for a set of songs from his summer 2020 album, Purple Noon, and other fan faves. $25. 8:30pm.
- Thursday with Cursive at Scout Bar | Friday, January 14 – Let it all out when two of the predominant emo bands of the early 2000s hit the stage in Clear Lake to play a slew of fan favorites from the last two decades. $35 in advance. 7pm.
- Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince in Concert at Jones Hall | Friday, January 14 to Sunday, January 16 – Houston Symphony transports audiences to the magical world of Hogwarts as they take on the moving scores of the 2009 film, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. $34 to $134. 7:30pm on Friday and Saturday; 2:30pm on Sunday.
- Joshua Radin with Molly Parden at the Heights Theater | Friday, January 14 – The folk singer-songwriter heads to the Heights for an evening of his latest songs from the summer 2021 release, The Ghost and the Wall. $26 to $38. 8pm.
- Maze & the Isley Brothers at Toyota Center (Postponed) | Saturday, January 15 – Superheros of soul come together for a double-headlining show in Downtown, featuring hits like “Can’t Get Over You” and “It’s Your Thing.” $69.50 to $199.50. 7:30pm.
Week of Monday, January 17
- Arc Angels at 713 Music Hall | Friday, January 21 – The blues rock supergroup, which features members of Stevie Ray Vaughan’s Double Trouble, reunites for the first time in over a decade to perform some of the band’s popular grooves and Southern rock hits. $45 and up. 8pm.
- Elton John at Toyota Center | Friday, January 21 & Saturday, January 22 – Picking up his farewell tour where he left off last summer, the legendary piano man plays back-to-back sets featuring all of the sing-along hits fans have come to know and love. $69.50 to $249.50. 8pm.
- The War on Drugs at the Lawn at White Oak Music Hall | Saturday, January 22 – The Philly-based, Grammy-winning indie rock band has been making waves in the charts with the late-October release of their fifth studio album, I Don’t Live Here Anymore, which they’ll bring to the lawn at White Oak. $47. 7pm.
- Googoosh at Hobby Center | Saturday, January 22 – The Iranian pop singer and actress swings through Downtown for a stop at the Hobby Center to perform fan favorites and songs from her latest release, Twenty One. $64 and up. 8:30pm.
Week of Monday, January 24
- Jay Wheeler at 713 Music Hall | Thursday, January 27 – The “La Curiosidad” singer stops by Houston’s newest music venue to perform songs from his Platónico albums while on the La Voz Favorita Tour. $59 and up. 8pm.
- Jeff Goldblum & The Mildred Snitzer Orchestra at Jones Hall | Friday, January 28 – With a decades-long list of blockbuster appearances, Jeff Goldblum is also an accomplished jazz performer with multiple releases alongside the Mildred Snitzer Orchestra. He’ll be in Downtown to answer questions, perform jazz standards, and crack you up. $40 to $150. 7:30pm.
- Rotimi at House of Blues | Friday, January 28 – Known for his television roles on Boss and Power, the American actor and singer finds his way to the Downtown stage at House of Blues to perform songs from his 2021 studio album, All or Nothing. $25. 8pm.
- White Oak Benefit Show Series at White Oak Music Hall | Friday, January 28 – Benefiting mental health services for the Houston music and arts scene, this special show will have local bands performing covers of songs from artists like Black Sabbath, Portishead, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Bruce Springsteen and more. $10. 8pm.
- JoJo Siwa at Toyota Center | Saturday, January 29 – The dancer, singer and YouTube influencer arrives in Downtown while on the debut tour supporting her EP releases, D.R.E.A.M The Music and Celebrate. $39.50 to $69.50, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Jerry Rivera at Arena Theatre | Saturday, January 29 – For thirty years, the Puerto Rican singer-songwriter has been charting No. 1 singles in every decade, including songs like “Ese,” “Quiero,” and “Vuela Muy Alto.” He’ll arrive in Southwest Houston for an evening celebrating his storied career. $46 and up. 8:30pm.
- Morgan Page at Stereo Live | Saturday, January 29 – The Grammy-nominated prog house producer and DJ brings an ethereal mix of songs and popular remixes to the West Houston stage. $10 to $35. 10pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).