Unwrap a weekend of fun for the holidays with lights, attractions, concerts, dining and more things to do in Houston on Christmas Eve, Friday, December 24 and Christmas Day, Saturday, December 25, 2021.
From Christmas-themed family outings to a soul-filled getdown, there’s a handful of ways to hit the town on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
We’ve gathered some picks for things to do while people gather for the holidays.
Christmas Eve & Christmas Day Guides
Check out our guides below for a deeper dive into holiday dining, ticketed attractions, and Christmas lights around Houston.
- Holiday Dining & To-Go Options in Houston – No need to sweat it out for the perfect Christmas feast when dozens of restaurants around town are providing dine-in and to-go options for your holiday meals. Take a look at some of our picks for eats around town on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- Ticketed Holiday Attractions & Christmas Light Events Around Houston – Pull up to some of Houston’s most popular holiday spectacles, featuring millions of twinkling lights and other holiday displays. Many will have tickets available for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day experiences.
- Christmas Light Displays in Houston Neighborhoods – Pile in the car and take to some of Houston’s well-lit neighborhoods for home after home of Christmas lights and extravagant decor.
Things to Do on Christmas Eve, Friday, December 24
- Sleigh All Day at Children’s Museum of Houston – Bring the kiddos over to meet and snap a photo with Santa Claus at Children’s Museum Houston. Included with general admission; $12 for ages 1 and up. 11am to 1:30pm.
- Immersive Van Gogh in West Houston – The vibrant display of Vincent van Gogh’s impressionist artwork continues its run in West Houston, with special slots available during Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Tickets vary; $55 during peak hours. 11am to 5pm.
- Christmas Eve Posada Event at Humble Food Court | FREE – Local artisan and food vendors will set up shop at the Humble Food Court for a special Christmas Eve celebration, complete with free hot chocolate and sweet bread. Noon to 6pm.
- Christmas Eve Party at Showtime Bar and Lounge | No Cover – Drink, dance and be merry at the North Houston lounge’s Christmas Eve party. Come early for happy hour or stay late for the after party. 5pm to close.
Things to Do on Christmas Day, Saturday, December 25
- Christmas Day at Kemah Boardwalk – Take to the boardwalk and enjoy a day of rides, carnival games, and food on-the-water in Kemah. Passes and prices vary. Noon to 10pm.
- Christmas Day at Southern Star Brewery | No Cover – While closed on Christmas Eve, the Conroe brewery opens its taproom to all those who want to cheers to one another during the holiday. 1pm.
- Skating the Ice at Discovery Green – The skating rink at Discovery Green will be open for a Christmas Day tradition of some afternoon gliding amongst the city’s skyscrapers. Tickets are $15; includes skate rental. 1pm to 7pm.
- DJ Sun’s James Brown Christmas at the Flat | No Cover – Get down to the Godfather of Soul when DJ Sun spins an all-vinyl set of James Brown classics at the Montrose venue on Commonwealth. 8pm.
- Molly & the Ringwalds in Concert at the Continental Club | No Cover – The cover band known for their playlist of ’80s hits returns for their first show in two years to host the No Cover Christmas Party at Continental Club in Mid-Main. 9pm.
- The Last Christmas Party: A Tribute to George Michael at Etro Lounge | No Cover − Five years after George Michael’s untimely Christmas Day passing, DJ Rice Cube will pay tribute to the dance pop artist, playing music video hits from Wham! and his solo career. 10pm to 2am.
- Silent Night Silent Headphone Party at Grooves of Houston – The Third Ward lounge brings the Silent Night this Christmas at their Silent Headphone party. Choose between three different channels featuring Top 40, R&B, hip-hop, and reggae hits. $10. 10pm.
- Silent Night Silent Disco at Social Beer Garden – Put on your headphones, choose your DJ and start jamming when Social Beer Garden hosts its Silent Night, Silent Disco dance party on Christmas night. $10. 10pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).