Christmas Day, Saturday, December 25, 2021
- Holiday Brunch at Blossom Hotel Houston − Dig in to a scrumptious, family-friendly brunch buffet at the luxurious new Blossom Hotel in the Medical Center. Prices vary. 9am to 2pm.
- Christmas Day at Kemah Boardwalk − Enjoy rides and food in the great outdoors on the Boardwalk. Noon to 10pm.
- Christmas Day Skating on the Ice at Discovery Green − While most attractions might be closed, the outdoor winter ice rink opens its gates in the early afternoon. $15. 1pm to 7pm.
- Christmas Day at Southern Star Brewery | No Cover – While closed on Christmas Eve, the Conroe brewery opens its taproom to all those who want to cheers to one another during the holiday. 1pm to 10pm.
- 2nd Annual Sad Santa Stand-Up Showcase at Rudyard’s British Pub | No Cover − Montrose’s self-proclaimed living room hosts a night of post Xmas comedy hosted by Bob Morrisey and curated by Dusti Rhodes. 8pm.
- Molly & the Ringwalds at The Continental Club | No Cover − One of Houston’s favorite cover bands performs its first live show at the Continental Club in two year during a special Christmas night party in Midtown. 8pm to 2am.
- DJ Sun’s James Brown Christmas at the Flat | No Cover − Groove to an all-vinyl tribute to the late, great James Brown, as DJ Sun spins at the ultra hip, but casual, Montrose hideaway. 8pm to 2am.
- Soca Passion presents Creme: A Christmas Wonderland at Sharespace Downtown − Shake off your holiday meal at a Christmas-sized edition of Houston’s monthly Caribbean gathering and experience in Downtown. $15 for women; $20 for men. 9pm to 3am.
- The Last Christmas Party: A Tribute to George Michael at Etro Lounge | No Cover − Five years after George Michael’s untimely Christmas Day passing, DJ Rice Cube will pay tribute to the dance-pop artist, playing music video hits from Wham! and his solo career. 10pm to 2am.
- Santacon at Pour Behavior − Christmas ain’t over for the Clauses at the Midtown mainstay, which welcomes everyone dressed up as Santa or his lovely missus—or inspired by them—for a special December the 25th night party. 11pm to 2am.
Sunday, December 26, 2021
- 6th Annual Pappy Day Celebration at Eight Row Flint – Savor one —and just one—coveted glass of Pappy Van Winkle at the bar’s cost at this annual clearing house event in The Heights. 11am to close or supplies run out.
- Houston Texans vs. Los Angeles Chargers at NRG Stadium – The 2020 Rookie of the Year quarterback Justin Herbert is just one of several roster highlights on this promising Chargers squad that will look to finish the season strong against the Texans. $34 to over $250, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats on the online resale marketplace. Noon.
- Boxing Day at Rienzi − Explore MFAH’s house museum of the decorative arts and take in some English holiday spirit, while enjoying seasonal music, an art-making activity, and more. Prices vary. 1pm to 5pm.
- Potted Potter at the Hobby Center – This unauthorized but affectionate take on the seven-book Harry Potter series crams all stories and characters from the full series into 90 minutes, portrayed by two actors. Starts at $59.99. 2pm.
- DJ Saeed Younan at Bauhaus | FREE with RSVP – The Downtown bar and EDM venue welcomes dance music DJ and producer, Saeed Younan, who stops by to promote his recent album, Morph. 4pm.
- Holiday Homegrown Show at Houston Improv – West Houston’s premiere comedy venue hosts a holiday comedy show featuring Houston-based comics Bryson Brown, Barry Laminack, and Alan Adams. Tickets start at $20. 7pm.
- Mannheim Steamroller at Smart Financial Centre – Celebrating the 35th anniversary of the original, groundbreaking Mannheim Steamroller Christmas album, the new age prog rock group returns to their annual Christmas tour, bringing musically rich renditions of holiday classics and original songs. $45 to $85. 7:30pm.
- The Real Energy at the Secret Group – The local punk group that last released an album in 2014, Beyond Delay, gets back together for a reunion show in EaDo. $10 to $20. 9pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).
Add an Event, Offer or Attraction
Have a truly unique event, attraction, or offering that we missed? Let us know at events@365Houston.com or order a Boosted Calendar Listing and we’ll add it within one business day (usually sooner). We also have more robust campaigns that will move the needle in attendance for concerts, festivals, markets, attractions, restaurants, and more. Contact us at ads@365Houston.com to learn more.