Updated Tuesday, December 21, 2021 at 6:41pm.
Find the perfect things to do in H-Town with our 365 Houston Christmas Weekend Guide for Thursday, December 23 through Sunday, December 25, 2021.
With Christmas Day landing on a Saturday, the normal flow of your typical Houston weekend is going to be pretty different this week. But there are still a number of options for those looking to get out and celebrate the season away from the house.
Confirm Before You Go
Some events, venues, and shows have been temporarily closed or halted due to staff or participants testing positive for Covid-19, so be sure to check ahead with the organizer of any specific event to verify that its happening as scheduled.
Add an Event, Offer or Attraction
Have a truly unique event, attraction, or offering that we missed? Let us know at [email protected] or order a Boosted Calendar Listing and we’ll add it within one business day (usually sooner). We also have more robust campaigns that will move the needle in attendance for concerts, festivals, markets, attractions, restaurants, and more. Contact us at ad[email protected] to learn more.
Things to Do All Christmas Weekend Long
- Ninja Wonderland 2021 at Ninja Ramen | Thursday & Sunday | No Cover – Pile on your warm winter gear and head into the snow-filled ramen and Japanese whisky bar, and enjoy speciality drinks, hot ramen soup, and more. Continues through Thursday, December 30, 2021. 6pm to 2am.
- Breakfast With Santa at Downtown Aquarium | Christmas Eve, Friday & Christmas Day, Saturday – Meet the big guy before the big night, along with the Aquarium’s mascot Sharkey, at a special morning event in the days leading up to Christmas. $21.99; $13.99 for ages 10 and under. Reservations required. 8:30am to 11am daily.
- Holiday Light Attractions & Destinations Around Greater Houston | Daily – Get in the holiday spirit—and score the perfect backgrounds for your Instagram, TikTok and other social posts—at a bevy of ticketed holiday light installations across Greater Houston.
- Noteworthy Neighborhood Christmas & Holiday Light Displays | Daily | FREE – PIle in the car and explore some of Houston’s favorite neighborhoods for holiday lights, with many light displays debuting this week and into early December. Or grab your tickets and explore the countless pop-up light installations and events at attractions around Houston.
- Houston Roadtrip! German Christmas Village & Holiday Shopping in the Texas Hill Country | Daily – Escape to the small Texas town that’s been compared to the idyllic villages and towns that feature prominently in Hallmark Channel Christmas movies, with 150+ local shops, nightly lighting ceremonies, holiday performances, and charming accommodations.
Destinations to Explore
- The Nancy & Rich Kinder Building at The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston – Explore the new and expansive collection of modern and contemporary art at the latest—and final for now—addition to the MFAH campus at the intersection of Montrose Boulevard and Main Street.
- Local Shops for Last-Minute Gift Shopping in Houston – Explore 12 local Houston shops perfect for last minute shopping, including All the Feels in Midtown, Cactus Music in Upper Kirby, Confetti Riot in East End, Favor the Kind in the Heights, and more.
Limited Time Museum Exhibitions, Art Installations & Pop-Up Markets
- Limited Time Museum Exhibits & Art Installations Around Greater Houston | Daily | Many FREE – Explore the many striking, stunning, and diverse exhibits exploring history, science, art, culture, and creativity around the Greater Houston metro area.
- Outdoor Markets & Pop-Up Shopping Events Around Greater Houston | Daily | Many No Cover – With so many to choose from these days, you can browse, explore, and shop at one or all of Houston’s multiplying outdoor markets, many with live entertainment, food trucks, and other distractions.
Ongoing Theater & Arts Performances
- Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol at Alley Theatre | Daily – Join a series of wintry ghosts and pay a holiday visit to Ebenezer Scrooge as he learns the spirit of Christmas and giving. Showtimes vary.
- Houston Ballet presents The Nutcracker at Wortham Theater Center | Thursday & Christmas Eve, Friday | Final Shows – Travel with Clara back to the Kingdom of Sweets at Houston Ballet’s live production of Choreographer Stanton Welch’s The Nutcracker. Prices and showtimes vary.
- Cirque du Soleil presents Alegria at Sam Houston Race Park | Thursday, Christmas Eve, Friday & Sunday – The acrobatic spectacular—and non-holiday— family friendly show has extended its Houston run due to its popularity and high depend. Starts at $50, but you may find cheaper, better, or hard-to-get seats on the resale marketplace. Times vary.
- Motown Christmas at Ensemble Theatre | Thursday & Sunday | Final Shows – Celebrate the start of the holiday season with an ensemble of traditional Christmas carols paired with the soulful sounds of Motown musicians like Marvin Gaye, the Jackson 5, Stevie Wonder, and the Supremes. Prices and showtimes vary.
- A.D. Players presents The Christmas Shoes at the George Theater | Thursday & Sunday | Final Shows – Two people from very different backgrounds affect each other and a greater humanity in this new holiday production based on a New York Times bestseller. Prices and showtimes vary.
- Stages presents Sister’s Christmas Catechism: The Mystery of the Magi’s Gold at the Gordy | Thursday & Sunday – Stages’ comic favorite Sister returns to tackle the mystery that’s intrigued historians for ages: whatever happened to the Magi’s gold? Prices and showtimes vary.
- Stages presents Panto Little Mermaid at the Gordy | Thursday & Sunday – A panto send-up of the enduring classic tale finds mermaid Hairielle trading her voice to the sea witch, Pursula, to save her Galveston Bay home. The interactive musical offers fun for the whole family. Starts at $25. Showtimes vary.
Tickets to Houston Pro Sports Games
- Houston Rockets Tickets on Sale | Sponsored − Save on 2020 Rockets games with cheaper, better or hard-to-find seats on TicketNetwork’s resale market.
- Houston Texans Tickets at NRG Stadium | Sponsored – Hit the gridiron with seats to cheer on the Texans. Search for cheaper, better, or hard-to-find seats so you can see Houston Texans at home, with the TicketNetowork online marketplace.
Thursday, December 23, 2021
- Who’ville Paint Party at Primary Paint Party – Meet the Grinch at a special Dr. Suess-themed paint party in West Houston and get a printed 4×6 photo with “the mean one” to take home. $8. Noon to 4pm.
- 3rd Annual Hometown Holidays at Silver Sycamore – Stroll through a magical walking trail of lights, take in live performances, meet Santa, and celebrate on the final night of this eight-day celebration in Pasadena’s charming old western town. $14 in advance. 6pm to 9pm.
- Elf Movie Screening at Discovery Green | FREE – Catch a free screening of the hilarious 2003 fish-out-of-water Christmas comedy film starring Will Ferrell. If you’re looking for a less family-focused atmosphere, Midtown’s Axelrad and Uptown’s Rooftop Cinema Club are also screening the same film tonight. 7pm.
- Gracias Christmas Cantata at Toyota Center | FREE – Touring globally, this Christmas musical event is free and open to the public, spreading the word of hope, love, and forgiveness. 7pm.
- John Evans at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck – The Texas singer-songwriter takes to the Upper Kirby stage for an evening performance. $30 to $240. 7pm.
- Christmas Trivia at B-52 Brewing | No Cover − Show off your yuletide knowledge and vie for over $100 in prizes at the popular Conroe brewery. Don a tacky Christmas sweater for an extra chance to win. 7pm.
- Beetle Thursday at The Continental Club − Enjoy three hours of high quality live Beatles covers as H-Town’s best known Fab Four cover band performs its weekly show in Midtown. $10. 7pm to 10pm.
- Joe Burlison’s Christmas Jazz Concert at Dosey Doe: the Big Barn – Burlison’s seven-piece jazz ensemble takes the stage in the Woodlands for a night of holiday favorites. $18 to $28. 8pm.
- Club 2K at Warehouse Live – Lonny and Krys “2K” Kyle lead multiple DJs in a R&B experience that will get feet shuffling to the groove. $15 in advance; $30 day of the show. 9pm.
- DJ Deorro at Stereo Live – Get rolling to House and EDM music from Deorro when he takes to the decks at West Houston’s Stereo Live. $28. 10pm.
- Bad Santa Party at Chapman & Kirby – For a fun holiday-themed celebration, try the 10th Annual Bad Santa Party hosted at Chapman & Kirby in EaDo. Green, gold, and red attire is encouraged to dance your way into the holiday. $25 to $35. 10pm.
Christmas Eve, Friday, December 24, 2021
- Sleigh All Day at Children’s Museum of Houston – Bring the kiddos over to meet and snap a photo with Santa Claus at Children’s Museum Houston. Included with general admission; $12 for ages 1 and up. 11am to 1:30pm.
- Scrooged: An Underbelly Christmas Eve at One Fifth − Belly up for Underbelly Hospitality’s special holiday tradition, a three-course meal prepared by the chefs of Christmas past, present, and future (Underbelly’s Chris Shepherd, Georgia James’ Greg Peters, and Wild Oats’ Nick Fine, natch), plus dessert from all three. $85; $35 ages 3 to 10. Seatings at 11am and 3pm.
- Immersive Van Gogh in West Houston – The vibrant display of Vincent van Gogh’s impressionist artwork continues its run in West Houston, with special slots available during Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Tickets vary; $55 during peak hours. 11am to 5pm.
- Christmas Eve Posada Event at Humble Food Court | FREE – Local artisan and food vendors will set up shop at the Humble Food Court for a special Christmas Eve celebration, complete with free hot chocolate and sweet bread. Noon to 6pm.
- Christmas Eve Festive Dinner at CRÚ Food & Wine Bar − Relax on Christmas Eve in The Woodlands and let the Market Street eatery serve you a three-course holiday dinner. $55 dine-in for one; $27.50 ages 10 and under; $125 to-go for two. 4pm to 10pm.
- Christmas Eve Party at Showtime Bar and Lounge | No Cover – Drink, dance and be merry at the North Houston lounge’s Christmas Eve party. Come early for happy hour or stay late for the after party. 5pm to close.
- Red & White Salsa & Bachata Xmas Party at Ivy Bar & Bistro − Turn it up at a lively night of dancing to Christmas and Latin music up on the rooftop of the stunning bistro near the Galleria. $15 for class and social; $10 for social only. 8:30pm to 2am.
- A Not So Silent Night at The Dive − Head Downtown for a night of progressive music from NSRL of B018 and Uberhause in Beirut, Lebanon, along with H-Town faves Rola and Sabinin B2B Malcolm. $10+. 9pm to 2am.
- More Great Things to Do All Weekend Long – Some of the biggest things to do in Houston are happening all weekend long. Scroll up and see our list, or browse Houston Experiences to save on museum passes, tours, and more.
Add Your Event
Don’t see your event? Order a Boosted Calendar Listing and we’ll add it within one business day. Or contact our advertising team to learn about larger campaigns, including bulk and discount options.