Pull up a chair or take home a feast with our picks for dine-in and to-go menus for Christmas Eve, Friday, December 24 and Christmas Day, Saturday, December 25, 2021.
Don’t break a sweat over the stove this holiday season, when you can pick up a package from one of Houston’s beloved restaurants that are cranking out holiday feasts with all sorts of fixin’s.
Here’s a quick look at some of the delicious dine-in and to-go options for the holiday season around Houston.
Christmas Eve Dine-in & To-Go Options in Houston
- J-Bar-M Barbecue in EaDo – Off Leeland Street, this brand new smoked meats outpost and beer garden is offering a special holiday menu to bring home. Options for the main entree serve 3-4 people and include prime rib ($225), whole brisket ($120) and whole turkey breast ($60). You can also snag family-style sides that serve 8-10 people for $35, with a mouth-watering menu that includes options like four cheese mac-n-cheese, jalapeño cream corn, cauliflower au gratin, collard greens, and desserts. Orders must be placed by Monday, December 20; pick-up on Christmas Eve, Friday, December 24.
- Downtown Aquarium – Dine with Santa and the restaurant’s mascot, Sharkey, and enjoy a breakfast buffet, exhibit discounts, and more at Downtown Aquarium. Reservations are required. 8:30am.
- One Fifth in Montrose − Belly up for Underbelly Hospitality’s special holiday tradition, a three-course meal prepared by the chefs of Christmas past, present, and future (Underbelly’s Chris Shepherd, Georgia James’ Greg Peters, and Wild Oats’ Nick Fine, natch), plus dessert from all three. $85; $35 ages 3 to 10. Seatings at 11am and 3pm.
- Maize in Memorial – Executive Chef Fabian Saldana has crafted a four-course meal that pays homage to the regional culinary traditions of Mexico. Choices across the four courses include tacos dorados; sopa de marisco with shrimp, guajillo pepper, tomato, onion and crema fresca; lomo de res, an 8-ounce beef tenderloin with pasilla pepper sauce and roasted mushroom; and a menu of sweets that include corn tres leches. $85 per person; $25 to include wine pairing. Lunch is available Monday to Friday 11am to 2:30pm; Dinner served Monday to Friday 5pm to 10pm, Saturday and Sunday 4pm to 10pm.
- Local Foods in Rice Village – Holiday packs with wine pairings are on offer at the Rice Village outpost of this fresh foods eatery. Make your selections from items like honey sage roasted pork loin ($70), broccoli cauliflower potato gratin ($16), and ginger trifle with caramel pudding ($40), plus wine pairings. Orders are due by noon on Sunday, December 19; pick-up on Christmas Eve, Friday, December 24.
- State Fare Kitchen & Bar in Memorial City & Sugar Land – The Southern eatery offers up two take-home options for the holiday season. The Christmas Package, which feeds 4 to 6, includes a Southern smoked pit ham, bacony green beans, mac-n-cheese, hatch chile butter and more for $199 (orders must be placed by 9pm on Monday, December 20); while the at-home brunch kits offer cathead biscuits, pancake mix, jam and butter, applewood smoked bacon and more for $55 (orders must be place with 24-hour notice).
- Backstreet Cafe in River Oaks – Chef Hugo Ortega’s kitchen along Shepherd Drive will be serving up a Christmas Eve four-course feast for dine-in, with sourdough rolls, oxtail french onion soup, lamb shank with couscous and eggnog cheesecake, to name a few options. $55 per adult, $15 per child (plus tax and gratuity). Reservations highly recommended. 5pm to 8pm.
- Etoile Cuisine et Bar in Uptown – The traditional French restaurant in Uptown will serve up a three-course Christmas Eve dinner featuring delicacies like lobster bisque, striped sea bass with orange-carrot mousseline, braised beef short ribs with beef tenderloin, and a chocolate sponge cake topped with marinated cherries and more. $68 for adults, $25 per child (plus tax and gratuity). Reservations highly recommended. 5pm to 9pm.
- CRÚ Food & Wine Bar in the Woodlands – Stay out of the kitchen this Christmas Eve and head to CRÚ Food & Wine Bar in the Woodlands for a festive three course menu. $55 per person. 4pm to 10pm.
Christmas Day Dining Options in Houston
- Blossom Hotel Houston in Medical Center − Dig in to a scrumptious, family-friendly brunch buffet at the luxurious new Blossom Hotel in the Medical Center. Prices vary. 9am to 2pm.
- Cleburne Cafeteria in West University – The Christmas Day tradition returns to the cafeteria, which has served up holiday meals for 80 years. The traditional feast can be ordered at the counter for dine-in and to-go on Christmas Day and features options like turkey or ham, baked squash, green bean casserole, candied yams, mashed potatoes, and a wide variety of fruit pies. Prices vary. Christmas Eve from 11am to 2pm; Christmas Day from 11am to 8pm.
- Mala Sichuan at Multiple Locations – From Sugar Land and Katy Asian Town to Montrose and the Heights, all five locations of Mala Sichuan will be open for dine-in and to-go, offering traditional Sichuan street foods like wontons and dan dan noodles, plus soups, spiced beef and pork, fried rice and mille crêpe cakes. Hours vary.
- Phat Eatery in Katy Asian Town – The Malaysian street food outpost will be serving up all of its usual goodies for Christmas Day dining, plus a limited menu of Chinese American classics. 11am to 10pm.
- Musaafer in the Galleria – The upscale Indian restaurant with a luxurious interior will have Christmas Eve and Day dining specials, in addition to their usual menu of a la carte courses. Special for the holiday, they’ll be serving up a Spiced Turkey Mosaic of compressed turkey, cranberry chutney, cumin celeriac mash, gold dust blueberries and makhni sauce. Reservations recommended. Noon to midnight.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).