Take a tour of H-Town’s weekend highlights with the 365 Houston guide to the best things to do in Houston this weekend, from Friday, December 10 to Sunday, December 12, 2021.
Every weekend, Houston has plenty of happenings to be found around town—but which ones are the highlights that can help you plan an enjoyable weekend of outings?
We’ve whittled down our extensive Weekend Guide to offer you some of our favorite things to look forward to from Friday to Sunday.
Looking for more things to do? Dig deeper for all of our weekend picks with the 365 Houston Weekend Guide, or comb through our Calendar for even more events, activities, and things to do this weekend.
The 16 Best Things to Do in Houston This Weekend: December 10 to 12, 2021
- 2021 Holiday Attractions & Christmas Light Displays around Greater Houston | Ongoing – The holiday season is in full swing and attractions can be found in all corners of the Greater Houston area, offering spectacles of light for visitors to stroll through, holiday decor, and the perfect photo op for your next post.
- Cirque du Soleil presents Allegría at Sam Houston Race Park | Ongoing; Ends Sunday, December 12 – The dazzling acrobatics and imaginative storytelling that are hallmarks of Cirque du Soleil are on display in full force in this classic performance, completely reimagined for a new generation. Follow Fleur as he leads you through an evening of wonder, encountering Old Bird, fairies, nymphs and more. Starts at $50, with VIP and Family Packages available. Times vary.
- Catastrophic Theatre presents 4.48 Psychosis at MATCH | Ongoing; Ends Sunday, December 12 – Poet and performance artist T. Lavois Thiebaud heads this show that explores identity, depression, dysphoria and the body/soul dilemma. A play that invites multiple interpretations, this is exactly what audiences have come to expect from Catastrophic. Tickets are pay-what-you-can, with suggested price of $35. Showtimes vary.
- Human Rights Day at Holocaust Museum Houston | Friday, December 10 | FREE – Marking the day in 1948 that the United Nations adopted the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the Holocaust Museum Houston will open their doors for free admission and a slate of special talks, crafts, a film screening of Trumbo (2015), and admission to their latest exhibitions, Blacklist: The Hollywood Red Scare and Speaking Up! Confronting Hate Speech. 10am to 5pm.
- Collection Close-Up: Bruce Davidson’s Photographs at Menil Collection | Opens Friday, December 10 | FREE – Culling from hundreds of photos in the Menil Collection, this exhibition examines the work of the acclaimed photographer who documented life in diverse places and communities caught in the snares of historical transitions, such as the rigid class structures of postwar Britain and the early ’60s era of the American civil rights movement. 11am to 7pm.
- Midtown Mistletoe Market 2021 at Bagby Park | Friday, December 10 & Saturday, December 11 | FREE – Wrap up your holiday shopping at the annual Midtown Mistletoe Market, a boutique-style market at Bagby Park. Take in the beautiful holiday decor while walking through aisles that feature fine arts, handmade crafts, epicurean style foods, holiday movie screenings, DIY Gift stations, and live entertainment. Noon to 8pm.
- Tomball German Christmas Festival Market in Old Town Tomball | Friday, December 10 to Sunday, December 12 | FREE – Do as the Germans do and celebrate Christmas with plenty of food, beer, and wine, as well as live music on three stages, a petting zoo, and a holiday market featuring more than 150 vendors with antiques, arts and crafts, souvenirs, and more. Times vary.
- Tres Noches at Tres Robles | Friday, December 10 – Enjoy a night of delicious food and drink from East End businesses at the Finca Tres Robles, one of the only urban farms located in the loop. Chefs Sonia and Adrian Hernandez of Tacos El Nene and Equal Parts Brewing will supply the tacos and beer for the evening. $45. 6:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Comedian Chelsea Handler at 713 Music Hall | Friday, December 10 – The comedian, actress and author, who also hosted 7 seasons of Chelsea Lately on the E! network, comes to the Post HTX venue for a night of wisecracks and gut-busting laughs. Tickets range from $49 to more than $160. 7pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Milwaukee Bucks at Toyota Center | Friday, December 10 – The Rockets play host to Giannis Antetokounmpo and the defending NBA champion Milwaukee Bucks. Tickets range from $25 to more than $800, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Rauw Alejandro at Smart Financial Centre | Friday, December 10 – The San Juan reggaeton rapper comes to Sugar Land to perform songs from his latest, chart-topping summer release, Vice Versa, as well as his debut studio album, Afrodisíaco. Tickets start at $49, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8:30pm.
- Lindsey Buckingham with Sammy Brue in Concert at Smart Financial Centre | Saturday, December 11 – The former lead guitarist and singer for legendary rock group Fleetwood Mac, Lindsey Buckingham makes a stop in Sugar Land to perform some of his solo works, including from his September self-titled release. Tickets range from $39.50 to $69.50, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- Doomsday Wrestling presents War on Christmas! at Equal Parts Brewing | Saturday, December 11 – Doomsday Wrestling returns to Equal Parts in Second Ward for a hilarious and action-packed twist to celebrate the holidays. See your favorite stars like Precious Jules, La Dee Da and fresh new talent in their Doomsday debut. $16 to $21. 8pm to 10pm.
- Giveon in Concert at Warehouse Live | Saturday, December 11 – Exploding onto the scene with features on Drake’s “Chicago Freestyle” and “Peaches” with Justin Bieber, the LA-based R&B singer-songwriter hits the road to tour his smash hit album, Take Time, and the late-2020 follow-up, When It’s All Said and Done. Tickets are sold out at the venue, but you may find hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Houston Texans vs. Seattle Seahawks at NRG Stadium | Sunday, December 12 – Russell Wilson leads a fledgling Seahawks team to Houston for a showdown on the turf at NRG. Tickets range from $64 to over $360, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seat using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Noon.
- Tobe Nwigwe in Concert at 713 Music Hall | Sunday, December 12 – The “Try Jesus” rapper from Alief has seen his star rising over the last few years, and will now headline the brand new stage in Downtown at 713 Music Hall, alongside his wife, Fat, and sister/producer, Nell. Tickets range from $35 to more than $100. 8pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).