Make the most of your week with our top 12 picks and things to do this week in Houston from Monday, December 6 to Sunday, December 12, 2021.
Scroll below to find great things happening in Houston from Monday, December 6 to Sunday, December 12, 2021.
Top 12 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Potted Potter at the Hobby Center | Opens Tuesday – This unaothorized but affectionate take on the seven-book Harry Potter series crams all stories and characters from the full series into 90 minutes, portrayed by two actors. Starts at $59.99. Dates and times vary.
- Sammy Hagar & the Circle at House of Blues | Wednesday, December 8 – Catch a live show by the legendary Van Halen member, joined by Van Halen’s Michael Anthony, Jason Bonham (son of the famed Led Zeppelin drummer), and Vic Johnson in Downtown. $49.50 to $99.50. 8pm.
- Human Rights Day at Holocaust Museum Houston | Friday | FREE – In honor of the 73rd anniversary United Nations’ Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the Holocaust Museum opens its doors for a free day of programming, exhibit-viewing, and more. Includes entry to the featured exhibitions Blacklist: The Hollywood Red Scare and Speaking Up! Confronting Hate Speech. 10am to 5pm.
- Midtown Mistletoe Market at Bagby Park | Friday & Saturday | FREE – The popular, high-energy, NYC-style, holiday-inspired market descends on the recently renovated Bagby Park, complete with a curated selection of vendors, artisans & performers, craft activities, music, and more. Times vary by day.
- Stearman Santa at Lonestar Flight Museum | Saturday – See jolly ole’ Saint Nick land at the Lone Star Flight Museum aboard the PT-17 Stearman, followed by meet and greets, story time with Mrs. Claus, and more. Included with museum admission. 11am to 12:30pm.
- Hot Sauce Festival at Southern Star Brewing Company | Saturday | No Cover – Spice things up at the Conroe brewery with spicy challenges, hot sauce vendors, craft beer, food trucks, and live entertainment. Noon to 6pm.
- Lights in the Heights 2021 in the Woodland Heights | Saturday | FREE – One of Inner Loop Houston’s favorite holiday traditions returns, welcoming neighbors near and far to wander down the closed streets and take in holiday sights, live front yard music, and more. Walking, biking, or ride-sharing to the event is strongly recommended. 6pm to 9pm.
- Unsilent Night at The Water Works at Buffalo Bayou Park | Saturday | FREE with RSVP – Gather for complimentary hot chocolate, tasty treats, and Saint Arnold beer, before joining in an interactive performance of Phil Kline’s Unsilent Night. The work is a sound sculpture created when many individuals each play one of four recorded tracks in unison. RSVP required. 6pm.
- Doomsday Wrestling presents War on Christmas! at Equal Parts Brewing | Saturday – The comedic Doomsday Wrestling team returns to their old stomping grounds in the East End for a hilarious and action-packed twist to celebrate the holidays. $16 to $21. 8pm to 10pm.
- 8th Annual Islamic Arts Festival at Majid Al-Salam in Spring | Saturday & Sunday | FREE | Virtual Option – Explore works of art created by Islamic artists from across the country at a two-day shopping and cultural event that will include live interactive sessions on calligraphy, henna tattoos, Ebru, painting, Arabesque pattern coloring, and children’s art activities. 10:30am to 5pm both days.
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra in Concert at Toyota Center | Sunday – The Trans-Siberian Orchestra makes a grand return to H-Town, bringing the 25th anniversary tour celebrating their landmark album, Christmas Eve and Other Stories. Starts at $25. 3pm.
- Tobe Nwigwe at 713 Music Hall | Sunday – The “Try Jesus” rapper from Alief headlines on Downtown’s brand new stage at Post HTX, joined by his wife, Fat, and sister/producer, Nell. $35 to more than $100. 8pm.
More Things to Do in Houston
- More Options on Our Calendar – Explore more online entertainment, limited events and other options online and around Houston.
Save on Houston Museum & Brewery Passes
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).