Take a tour of H-Town’s weekend highlights with the 365 Houston guide to the best things to do in Houston this weekend, from Friday, December 3 to Sunday, December 5, 2021.
Every weekend, Houston has plenty of happenings to be found around town—but which ones are the highlights that can help you plan an enjoyable weekend of outings?
We’ve whittled down our extensive Weekend Guide to offer you some of our favorite things to look forward to from Friday to Sunday.
Looking for more things to do? Dig deeper for all of our weekend picks with the 365 Houston Weekend Guide, or comb through our Calendar for even more events, activities, and things to do this weekend.
The 15 Best Things to Do in Houston This Weekend: December 3 to 5, 2021
- Chanukah 2021 Events around Greater Houston | Ongoing – Load up on chocolate gelt (coins), latkes, and other holiday favorites while lighting the menorah and enjoying music, live entertainment, crafts, and other activities on the first night of Chanukah 2021 in Houston. This year, Chanukah will conclude on Monday, December 6, 2021 but you’ll find plenty of opportunities in between to enjoy the Festival of Lights.
- 48th Annual Dickens on the Strand in Galveston | Friday, December 3 to Sunday, December 5 – Travel back in time as Galveston’s historic Strand is transformed into Charles Dickens’ Victorian London for this 48th annual, family-friendly event. Gear up for parades, live entertainment on six stages, strolling carolers, roving musicians, bagpipers, jugglers, and a visit from the characters of Dickens’ books. Tickets start at $18 for adults; $12 for ages 7 to 12; free for 6 and under. Discounted tickets are available for groups of 20 or more. Times vary.
- Deck the Park Holiday Picnic in Clay Family Eastern Glades at Memorial Park | Friday, December 3 – Get a sneak peek of the holiday lights in Memorial Park’s Eastern Glades and enjoy the holiday festivities of the evening. The event will have hot chocolate, cookie and ornament decorating, live music, holiday carolers and more. Tickets are $15 for adults; bundle deals and special add-ons are also available. 4pm to 9pm.
- Comedian Taylor Tomlinson at UH Cullen Theater | Friday, December 3 – The University of Houston hosts the stand-up comedian who debuted her one-hour Netflix special, Quarter-Life Crisis, where she skewers the tropes of millennials, dating, and her devout religious upbringing. Tickets range from $26.75 to $36.75, with VIP options available. 7pm.
- The Garden with Dr. Know at White Oak Music Hall | Friday, December 3 – The experimental rock duo of Wyatt and Fletcher Shears come to the downstairs stage at White Oak for a night of songs from their 2020 album, Kiss My Super Bowl Ring, and earlier work. Tickets are $18 in advance, $20 day of the show. 8pm.
- DJ Diesel (Shaquille O’Neal) in Concert at Sekai Day & Night | Friday, December 3 – The Big Fella arrives in H-Town with four rings, two turntables and a microphone for a DJ set that’s brought the legendary NBA player to the stages of Lollapalooza, Tommorowland, and many other places. Tickets are $40; VIP tables with various perks are also available. 10pm.
- 5th Annual Jingle All The 5K, 10K & Kids Dash at Addicks Park & Ride | Saturday, December 4 – Kick-start your holiday festivities and outpace that mischievous abominable snowmonster with the whole family at the 5th annual holiday run event in the Energy Corridor District. All participants will receive a festive top-notch finisher medal, participant bib, and performance tech t-shirt. There will also be an appearance by Santa. Registration ranges from $30 to $45. 8am.
- 10th Annual Tamale Festival at the East River Complex | Saturday, December 4 (Postponed) – Unwrap one of Texan’s most beloved holiday foods at the Tamale Festival in Houston’s East End. In addition to all the husk-covered delights, SHEWOLF, a Shakira tribute band will headline the festival. Tickets are $10 with bundle deals available for purchase. 11am to 6pm.
- Holiday Festival at Levy Park | Saturday, December 4 & Sunday, December 5 | FREE – Bring the whole family to the park for the fourth annual Levy Park Holiday Festival. The free two-day festival features a holiday market, a craft station, live music performances throughout the park, a special performance by River Oaks Dance, a free photo booth with special guests including Santa Claus and holiday characters from Vitacca Dance, and food and drink concessions. Noon to 5pm.
- Vegan Vibez Winter Fest at Aveva Stadium | Saturday, December 4 – Mix up your festive foods by trying some vegan options at the South Houston rugby stadium. The Vegan Vibez Winter Fest will showcase more than 50 vendors, restaurants, and food trucks who are all committed to plant-based eating. There will also be zip lining, yoga on the lawn, live music, DJs and more. Tickets are $20 for general admission, $30 for VIP. Noon to 8pm.
- Bougie Adult Tea Party at Bouchée Pâtisserie | Saturday, December 4 – For anyone feeling fancy, RSVP to the Post Oak Hotel’s Bouchée Patisserie for an afternoon tea party. There will be freshly-baked pastries, light bites, and desserts all accompanied by a variety of the finest tea from the brand, TEALEAVES. Tickets are $85. 1pm to 4pm.
- KSBJ presents For King & Country’s A Drummer Boy Christmas at Toyota Center | Saturday, December 4 – The Christian pop duo, For King & Country, performs songs from their latest holiday album, A Drummer Boy Christmas, which rose to No. 2 on the Billboard Top Christian Albums chart. Tickets are sold out at the venue, but you may find hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Gingerbread House Decorating and Holiday Market at Spindletap Brewery | Sunday, December 5 | FREE – Bring out the family for the 6th annual Gingerbread House Decorating & Holiday Market at SpindleTap Brewery. Festivities include pictures with Santa, face painting, live music, beer, food, gingerbread house decorating, and holiday shopping. Though it’s free to attend, reservations are required for a gingerbread house and are $40 each. 11am to 4pm.
- Houston Texans vs. Indianapolis Colts at NRG Stadium | Sunday, December 5 – Falling short of the division title last year, the Colts will return to Houston looking to pad their divisional record. Tickets range from $31 to over $240, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seat using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Noon.
- Houston Rockets vs. New Orleans Pelicans at Toyota Center | Sunday, December 5 – Brandon Ingram leads the Pelicans down I-10 for a matchup with the Rockets on the Toyota Center floor. Tickets range from $15 to more than $800, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 6pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).