Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Monday, November 29 to Sunday, December 5, 2021.
Your favorite nightlife guide is back to cure your weekly FOMO. We’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening all week long around Houston, from Monday through Sunday.
Here are our picks for Day & Nightlife in Houston from Monday, November 29 to Sunday, December 5, 2021:
Day + Nightlife Guide in Houston: November 29 to December 5, 2021
- Santa’s Sugar Land at Sugar Land Town Square | Daily | FREE – Don’t miss this pop-up holiday experience in Sugar Land with beautifully decorated exhibits perfect for selfies and lively holiday events sprinkled throughout the month. Times vary.
- Comedian Gary Owen at Houston Improv | Thursday, December 2 to Saturday, December 4 – Popular comedian and actor Gary Owen makes his way to Houston for five stand-up shows over the span of three days. Tickets start at $90. Times vary.
- Company at Art Factory | Opens Friday, December 3 – See Stephen Sondheim’s Tony award-winning musical, Company, in its run at Art Factory in North Downtown, through Sunday, December 19. The musical follows the story of Robert, a man who weighs the pros and cons of staying single, over dinner dates with his friends. Tickets are $25. Fridays and Saturdays 8pm; Sundays 5pm.
- 48th Annual Dickens on The Strand in Galveston | Friday, December 3 to Sunday, December 5 – Galveston hosts its annual holiday event where the historic Strand district is transformed into Charles Dickens’ Victorian London. Take part in the parades, live entertainment on six stages, strolling carolers, roving musicians, bagpipers, jugglers, and a visit from the characters of Dickens’ books. Tickets are $18 for adults. Discounted tickets are available for groups of $20 or more. Times vary.
- Blink Pink Christmas at Popfancy Dessert Bar | Saturday, December 4 & Sunday, December 5 – Popfancy in Bellaire gears up for another themed installation just in time for the holidays. The Blink Pink Christmas event will be a pink holiday wonderland with exclusive freebies, a K-Pop style contest, K-Pop merch, art installation photo ops, and more. This event is ongoing through Sunday, December 19. Reserve a timeslot online for $2 or wait in the stand-by admission line for free. 1pm to 10pm.
Monday, November 29, 2021
- All Day Happy Hour at Voodoo Queen | No Cover – Voodoo Queen in the East End doesn’t limit their happy hour to just a few hours on Monday nights. Try their delicious frozen daiquiris for $1 off or $3 wells, jello shots, and select beer. 4pm to 2am.
- Monday Night Retreat at A’dor | No Cover – A’dor in Midtown makes it easy to mellow out your Monday with their weekly R&B experience. DJ Debanair & K-Kin curate the perfect playlist while guests enjoy drink specials and half off of all food items. 5pm to 1am.
- Trivia Night at Little Dipper Bar | No Cover – Show off your trivia skills in Downtown at Little Dipper Bar’s weekly trivia night. The 20-question quiz will have prizes sponsored by Milam & Greene Whiskey. Limit 6 people per team. 7:30pm to 9:30pm.
Tuesday, November 30, 2021
- Comedy Bath House at the Secret Group – If you’re looking for some laughs on a Tuesday night, the Secret Group in EaDo has you covered. The venue hosts Comedy Bath House, a stand-up comedy show, on the 1st, 3rd, and 5th Tuesday of each month. Pay-what-you-can at the door. 7pm.
- Saint Arnold Beer Tasting at the King’s Head Pub – Stop at King’s Head Pub in the Energy Corridor for their monthly beer tasting session. This month’s featured brewer is Houston’s own Saint Arnold Brewing Company. In addition to the tasting, the pub will have small bites paired with each beer. Tickets are $20. 7pm.
- Bourbon Street Trivia Nights at Bourbon Street Sports Bar | No Cover – Katy’s Bourbon Street Sports Bar hosts a weekly trivia every Tuesday night with free entry and free prizes. Stop by the bar to take part in their Fireball and well specials. 8:30pm.
Wednesday, December 1, 2021
- Battle for SxSW at Scout Bar – Rock out in Clear Lake as bands compete for a chance to perform at the Officially Unofficial industry party at SxSW in March. Trap metal artist Yung Mo$h will headline the show. Tickets are $12. 6:30pm.
- Not Your Granny’s Average Bingo at Uptown Lounge – For a mid-week unwind, try Uptown Lounge’s Wednesday night bingo session. The venue will also have food, drink and hookah specials as well as prizes for bingo winners. Cover is $5. 7pm.
- Whine Me Up Wednesday at State of Mind HTX | No Cover – State of Mind brings the Afro-Caribbean experience to Houston every Wednesday night with their weekly Whine Me Up event. Hit the bar for their exclusive specialty drinks or the dancefloor with tunes from DJ Supa Neil. 7pm to 2am.
- Geeks Who Drink Trivia Night at Palace Social | No Cover – Head to Bellaire’s arcade and bowling alley to test your useful (and useless) knowledge at their Wednesday night trivia. Geeks Who Drink will be on site hosting the event. 7pm.
- Humpday Hootenanny at Dan Electro’s Bar | No Cover – Join DJ Jesse Salinas at Dan Electro’s in the Heights for some Wednesday night killer karaoke. This weekly series is a three-time Houston Press “Best Of” winner for karaoke and gives you a chance to unlock your inner pop star. 7pm to 11pm.
- Aperitivo Italiano at the Italian Cultural and Community Center – Learn the ways of the Italian aperitivo (similar to the American happy hour) and taste four Italian wines from Veneto and some Italian-style small bites. Tickets are $35. 7pm.
- Brewing It Up Karaoke at Brewski’s Pub and Patio | No Cover – Brewski’s Beltway 8 location is bringing your brews and tunes every Wednesday night. Step on the stage to perform karaoke classics or hang back and enjoy the show. 7pm to 11:30pm.
Thursday, December 2, 2021
- Ugly Christmas Sweater Party at the Owl | FREE – Tis’ the season for ugly Christmas sweater parties and the Owl in Rice Village has you covered. Wear your tackiest sweater for a chance to win the Ugly Sweater contest and enjoy holiday libations. 4pm to 6pm.
- Pawliday Market at Powder Keg | No Cover – Join Houston PetTalk Magazine for their 2nd Annual PAWliday Market where there will be shopping, drinking, and even an Ugly Sweater contest. Be sure to snap a photo with Santa and your pup for social media and a chance to be in the magazine. 5pm to 9pm.
- ‘Tis the Season at Pinstripes – Pinstripes in Upper Kirby is hosting a Black Tie holiday soiree. This lavish event will have wine, hors d’oeuvres, a DJ, cash bar, and a raffle. Proceeds will go towards gifts for children and families for the holiday season. Tickets are $100. 7pm to 10pm.
- Renaissance Paint Party at Primary Paint Party: Prime Art Gallery – Take a trip back to the Renaissance era with this themed painting event. Guests will receive all supplies needed for the class. Tickets are $35. 7pm to 9pm.
- Crush City Comedy Thursday at Preston Theater / CSz Arena in EaDo – BYOB and be prepared to laugh at a special edition of this live comedy show in EaDo, hosted by Cameo influencer Disco Cowboy and featuring local improv troupes—including H-Town’s only hip hop improv—and comedic crimefighters $5. 8pm.
- Tay Money in Concert at Warehouse Live – Texas native and breakout rap star Tay Money headlines at Warehouse Live. The “Bussin” rapper will be joined by Lil Earl and Huncho Da Rockstar as support. Tickets range from $20 to $100. 8:30pm.
- The Riot Presents: American AF Comedy Show at Rudyard’s British Pub – Rudyard’s in Montrose hosts another installment of the Riot’s monthly American AF show. This comedy competition gathers some of Houston’s best local talent to compete head-to-head for votes from the audience. Tickets are $10 with VIP and reserved tables available. 9:30pm.
- Amidy in Concert at Stereo Live | No Cover – Los Angeles-based DJ, Amidy, travels to West Houston to mix the setlist at Stereo Live. Tickets are free, but you can opt to skip the line for $5. 10pm to 2am.
Friday, December 3, 2021
- Deck the Park Holiday Picnic in Clay Family Eastern Glades at Memorial Park – Get a sneak peek of the holiday lights in Memorial Park’s Eastern Glades and enjoy the holiday festivities of the evening. The event will have hot chocolate, cookie and ornament decorating, live music, holiday carolers and more. Tickets are $15 for adults; bundle deals and special add-ons are also available. 4pm to 9pm.
- BLCK Market First Friday at Buffalo Soldiers National Museum – In the Museum District, this market showcasing Black-owned businesses and entrepreneurs takes place for their final Friday night market of the year. Admission is $5, with limited free tickets available. 6pm to 10pm.
- Friday Nights Live Music at We Olive Wine Bar | No Cover – Join We Olive & Wine Bar in the Heights on Friday nights for live music, an all-American wine list, and small plates food menu. Admission is free, but reservations are recommended. 6pm to 9pm.
- Mixology 101 at William Price Distilling – Learn the history of classic cocktails and hone in on your stirring and shaking techniques at William Price Distilling in the Heights. This class, led by the distillery’s mixologists, will help you become a star behind the bar. Tickets are $35. 6pm.
- A Cider House Supper at Central Market Cooking School – Transition from fall to winter with this cider-themed event in Uptown. Central Market is creating a four course menu with warm ciders carefully paired for each dish. Tickets are $75. 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
- DJ Diesel (aka Shaquille O’Neal) at Sekai Night & Day – DJ Diesel, also known as basketball superstar Shaquille O’Neal will spin a setlist at the new Sekai Night & Day in EaDo and Downtown. Local DJ Henson will support the show. Tickets are $40, and VIP tables with bottle service, cabana, day beds, couches and more are available for reservation. 10pm to 2am.
Saturday, December 4, 2021
- 10th Annual Tamale Festival at the East River Complex – Unwrap one of Texan’s most beloved holiday foods at the Tamale Festival in Houston’s East End. In addition to all the husk-covered delights, SHEWOLF, a Shakira tribute band will headline the festival. Tickets are $10 with bundle deals available for purchase. 11am to 6pm.
- Wakefield Wonderland at Wakefield Crowbar – Celebrate the holiday season by giving back and having fun at Wakefield Crowbar’s holiday event. Enjoy live music, train rides, cornhole and sand volleyball tournaments, holiday market and specials on beer and wine. Proceeds benefit the American Legion Park Revitalization Project. Tickets are $8. 11am to 5pm.
- Have A Nice Day Holiday Market at Greenstreet | FREE – Have A Nice Day, a collective dedicated to supporting and uplifting the AAPI community, is bringing back their small business market, holiday style. Support 20+ local vendors, music, and complimentary cocktails from Don Julio Tequila, Johnnie Walker, and Ketel One Vodka. Noon to 4pm.
- Vegan Vibez Winter Fest at Aveva Stadium – Mix up your festive foods by trying some vegan options at the South Houston rugby stadium. The Vegan Vibez Winter Fest will showcase more than 50 vendors, restaurants, and food trucks who are all committed to plant-based eating. There will also be zip lining, yoga on the lawn, live music, DJs and more. Tickets are $20 for general admission, $30 for VIP. Noon to 8pm.
- Epic Pizza Party: 10-Year Anniversary Celebration at Pizaro’s Pizza in Montrose – Celebrate 10 years of delicious Pizaro’s pizza, with free pizza, games, raffles, tunes by
- Ugly Sweater Bar Crawl around Midtown Houston – Grab your favorite ugly Christmas sweater and head to Midtown for a holiday themed bar crawl. The crawl allows you free entrance into participating bars and provides you with a digital map detailing all food and drink specials taking place. Tickets are $9.99. 1pm to 8pm.
- Bougie Adult Tea Party at Bouchée Pâtisserie – For anyone feeling fancy, RSVP to the Post Oak Hotel’s Bouchée Patisserie for an afternoon tea party. There will be freshly-baked pastries, light bites, and desserts all accompanied by a variety of the finest tea from the brand, TEALEAVES. Tickets are $85. 1pm to 4pm.
- Kulture Brunch and Punch at Bar 2200 – If the cooling temperatures make you wish for warmer days, try the next best thing at Bar 2200’s Afro-Caribbean Brunch and Day Party. There will be plenty of island vibes and $20 hookah all day. Admission is free if you RSVP and enter before 4:30. After 4:30, admission is $15. 2pm to 8pm.
- Amalgamation Opening Reception at Archway Gallery | FREE – Explore recent works paintings and sculptures from Veronica Dyer and Jim Adams at a special opening in Montrose, complete with complementary vino and light bites. 5pm to 8pm.
- Comedian Monique Marvez at Cowboy Surfer – Humble native, Monique Marvez performs live at Memorial City’s Cowboy Surfer cocktail bar. Seen on HBO, Showtime, and Comedy Central, Monique’s show is centered around relationships, family and friendships. Tickets are $20. 7pm to 9pm.
- After Hours Tacky Christmas Party at B. B. Lemon | No Cover – Dig out your tackiest Christmas garb and head to B.B. Lemon on Washington Ave. for a night of food and drink specials. Awards will be given out for Best Dressed along with a prize. 8pm.
- Annual Gingerbread House Decorating & Holiday Market Event at SpindleTap Brewery | FREE – SpindleTap’s annual gingerbread house decorating event returns for its sixth year. Snap a few photos with Santa, build your gingerbread house, and cheers to live music and tasty beer. Though free to attend, reservations are required for the gingerbread house and are $40. 11am to 4pm.
- Mistletoe Christmas Market at Trading Spaces HTX | FREE – Explore new vendors just in time for the holiday season at Mistletoe Market in Spring Branch. Grab a couple of drinks, some snacks and shop your heart out. Noon to 6pm.
- Holiday Workshop at the Post Oak Hotel – Decorate your own gingerbread house while listening to live holiday musical entertainment at the Post Oak Hotel in Uptown. Choose the morning session to take part in their festive pastries, breakfast items, and mimosa bar. Tickets are $80. Morning session is 10:30am to 12:30pm and afternoon session is 2pm to 4pm.
- August Burns Red at House of Blues – The metalcore band stops by Downtown’s House of Blues to perform their breakthrough album, Leveler, which celebrates its 10th anniversary this year. Tickets are $27.50. 6pm.
- Chris Mitchell presents White Christmas at Hobby Center – Swoon to the sounds of jazz saxophonist Chris Mitchell as he delivers renditions of seasonal favorites like “White Christmas” and “Let it Snow”. Tickets start at $72. 7pm.
- Jamie Lin Wilson in Concert at Main Street Crossing – Main Street Crossing in Conroe welcomes the Americana singer-songwriter, Jaime Lin Wilson, for a live performance. Tickets range from $20 to $60. 7:30pm.
- Tipsy Christmas Lights Tour at Buy the Glass Wine Bar – Make fun memories this holiday season with an adults-only Christmas lights tour in Spring. Bring your favorite wine and cocktails in a spill-proof container and enjoy a tour through neighborhood lights. Tickets are $25. 8pm to 11pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).