Take a tour of H-Town’s weekend highlights with the 365 Houston guide to the best things to do in Houston this weekend, from Black Friday, November 26 to Sunday, November 28, 2021.
Every weekend, Houston has plenty of happenings to be found around town—but which ones are the highlights that can help you plan an enjoyable weekend of outings?
We’ve whittled down our extensive Weekend Guide to offer you some of our favorite things to look forward to from Friday to Sunday.
Looking for more things to do? Dig deeper for all of our weekend picks with the 365 Houston Weekend Guide, or comb through our Calendar for even more events, activities, and things to do this weekend.
The 15 Best Things to Do in Houston This Weekend: November 26 to 28, 2021
- Black Friday Holiday Flea at M-K-T in the Heights | All Weekend | No Cover – Ditch the crowds at big box retailers and opt for some Black Friday shopping from more than 75 local vendors and artisans doling out leather goods, handmade jewelry, gourmet foods, home decor and more. 10am to 5pm daily.
- 61st Annual Autorama at George R. Brown Convention Center | All Weekend – Check out hot rods, customs, trucks, imports, high performance domestics, motorcycles, and all things auto, with special autograph appearances and more. Friday and Saturday 10am to 8pm; Sunday 10am to 6pm.
- Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol at Alley Theatre | All Weekend – Alley Theatre presents a new, live production of Charles Dickens’ classic holiday tale, A Christmas Carol, at its Downtown theater. This play-within-a-play centers on the heartwarming Christmas classic with a twist, where actors assemble for a new production of the tale but two of the troupe’s actors can’t arrive in time, sending others to step in to create a magical world of holiday make-believe. Tickets start at $39. Dates and times vary.
- Comedian Deon Cole at Houston Improv | All Weekend – Known for his award-winning role as Charlie in ABC’s Black-ish, Deon Cole has also netted two Emmy Awards for his writing on the late-night talk show Conan, and can be seen in his most recent hour-long special, Cole Hearted, on Netflix. Tickets range from $90 for a table of two, to $330 for a table of 6. Times vary.
- Motown Christmas at Ensemble Theatre | All Weekend – Celebrate the start of the holiday season with an ensemble of traditional Christmas carols paired with the soulful sounds of Motown musicians like Marvin Gaye, the Jackson 5, Stevie Wonder, and the Supremes. Prices and showtimes vary.
- Catastrophic Theatre presents 4.48 Psychosis at MATCH | All Weekend – Poet and performance artist T. Lavois Thiebaud heads this show that explores identity, depression, dysphoria and the body/soul dilemma. Friday and Saturday 8pm; Sunday 2:30pm.
- Top Things to Do on Black Friday in Houston | Black Friday, November 26 – Check out our list of over a dozen events, food and drink specials, concerts, celebrations and more things to do on Black Friday 2021 around Houston.
- Thing-A-Ma-Jingle on Main Street in Downtown | Friday, November 26 | No Cover – After a long day of Black Friday shopping, head to the Downtown District for Houston’s newest holiday tradition. The giant block party will feature vendors, carol-oke, photo ops with hipster Santa, lighting projections, and more. There will also be food and drink specials and live music at area bars and restaurants. 7pm to midnight.
- A Conversation with Bruce Campbell & Movie Screening of Evil Dead at Bayou Music Center | Friday, November 26 – Hear it straight from the mouth of the man who made a career of quipping and fighting in B-movies and TV shows when the ever-charming Bruce Campbell joins the crowd after a screening of 1981’s Evil Dead—a demonic possession film directed by Sam Raimi. $20 to $39.50. 7pm.
- Farruko in Concert at Smart Financial Centre | Friday, November 26 – The Reggaeton sensation heads to Sugar Land in support of his chart-topping eighth studio album, La 167. $49 to $199, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Maná at 713 Music Hall | Friday, November 26 – The legendary Mexican pop rock group makes a stop at Houston’s newest music venue, 713 Music Hall, located in the brand new Post HTX building. They’ll be here the day before and after Thanksgiving for a highly anticipated performance. Remaining tickets range from $120 to more than $275, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Nutcracker in the Park at League Park | Saturday, November 27 | FREE – Bring the whole family to League Park in League City for an outdoor holiday market that features more than 50 vendors selling everything from designer dog clothing to food items, décor, jewelry, and more. Other activities include ballet lessons from real ballerinas for the kids, holiday-themed crafts, a Nutcracker Scavenger Hunt, and a tree lighting to end the evening. 8am to 7pm.
- Charity Pub Crawl at El Big Bad in Downtown | Saturday, November 28 – Crawl for a cause at Nightcrawler’s Downtown free-style pub crawl. Starting at El Big Bad, the pub crawl will benefit What Makes Us Fire, an organization dedicated to helping first responders battling depression. Tickets range from $5 to $75. 3pm to 7pm.
- Jazzy Sundays in the Park: Crystal Thomas with Eastside Kings at Buffalo Bayou Park | Sunday, November 28 | FREE – Blues artist Crystal Thomas performs with Eastside Kings in the final installment of the Jazzy Sundays in the Park series for 2021. Bring some food, a blanket or lawn chairs to relax and enjoy the tunes. Food and drink available for purchase. 4pm to 6pm.
- Chanukah 2021 Events around Greater Houston | Starting Sunday, November 28 – Load up on chocolate gelt (coins), latkes, and other holiday favorites while lighting the menorah and enjoying music, live entertainment, crafts, and other activities on the first night of Chanukah 2021 in Houston. This year, Chanukah will conclude on Monday, December 6, 2021 but you’ll find plenty of opportunities in between to enjoy the Festival of Lights.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).