Check out food and drink specials, markets, concerts, and other great things to do around Houston on Black Friday, November 26, 2021.
Whether you’re looking for the first holiday markets of the season, searching for a drink special to refuel for shopping, or just hoping to take advantage of the long holiday weekend, we’ve carved out some of the best things to do on Black Friday in and around Houston for 2021.
2021 Black Friday Specials & Things to Do in Houston
Food & Drink Specials on Black Friday in Houston
- Original Ninfa’s on Navigation & Uptown – Both locations of this classic Tex-Mex joint will be serving up an El Toro Rojo marg’ to help deal seekers find a new burst of energy. The margarita combines tequila, elderflower liqueur, ginger, fresh lime and blood orange juices, topped with Red Bull for $12. 11am to 11pm.
- Big Beer Blowout at Saint Arnold Brewery – The Black Friday tradition returns to the Fifth Ward brewery, which rolls out some of its deepest Bishop’s Barrel offerings for to-go or to drink in the beer garden. Pick up a bottle of the original Bishop’s No. 1, 2 or 3, or opt for some tasty barrel-aged draft pours dug out from the brewery’s cellar, like Divine Reserve No. 19, bourbon barrel-aged barleywine, raspberry sours, and more. 11am.
- Treebeard’s on Bunker Hill Road – The Memorial City outpost of this Southern comfort eatery makes for a great pit stop from holiday shopping with its all-day Happy Hour specials, which includes $2 off specialty cocktails, mixed drinks, wines by the glass and $1 off beer and bar bites. Noon to 8pm.
- Eureka Heights Brew Co. in the Heights – Barrel-aged goodness is flowing all day for Black Friday as the Heights brewery busts out several hoppy varieties of its Nuke the Whales Milk Stout, Stun Gravy Barley Wine, and 6 Demon Bag Belgian Strong Ale. Line up a flight of barrel-aged suds for $20, score some swag with 25% discounts, and pick up an Advent Box of brews that will give you something to look forward to every day until Christmas. Noon to 10pm.
- Axelrad in Third Ward – Pick up some colorful swag from the Alabama Street haven for relaxing, live music, and tasty suds from the tap when its online shop offers Black Friday 20% discounts on shirts, hoodies, hats, crop tops, pint glasses and more. Or, if you opt for the gift card route, then you’ll pull in a free $5 gift card on every $25 gift card purchased. Then, swing by the taproom to cash it in. Open noon to 2am.
- Reserve 101 in Downtown – The Caroline Street drinkery is offering up all-day Happy Hour prices on two of its signature cocktails; the Reserve 101 Old Fashioned and the Clarified New York Sour. Each are available for $6 all day long, plus you can score a free $10 gift card when you purchase a $50 gift card for the cocktail enthusiast in your life. 4pm to 2am.
Shopping & Other Things to Do on Black Friday in Houston
- Black Friday Holiday Flea at M-K-T in the Heights | Friday, November 26 to Sunday, November 28 | No Cover – Ditch the crowds at big box retailers and opt for some Black Friday shopping from more than 75 local vendors and artisans doling out leather goods, handmade jewelry, gourmet foods, home decor and more. 10am to 5pm daily.
- BLCK Market presents BLCK Friday at Buffalo Soldiers National Museum | Friday, November 26 – Back for a third time, the annual BLCK Friday event from BLCK Market gathers an extra dose of Black-owned businesses and entrepreneurs for a super-sized retail experience from one of the city’s most established markets. A limited run of free admission is available; $5 after that. 1pm to 5pm.
- Ranch Lights: A Christmas Market at The Ranch Houston | Friday, November 26 – In the South Acres area, this sprawling ranch property, yoga workshop, and nature escape offers a Texas-styled holiday market with hot chocolate, plenty of photo ops, and local vendors in a peaceful farmstead environment. Tickets are $10; free for children. 3pm.
- Cirque du Soleil presents Allegría at Sam Houston Race Park | Friday, November 26 – The dazzling acrobatics and imaginative storytelling that are hallmarks of Cirque du Soleil are on display in full force in this classic performance, completely reimagined for a new generation. Follow Fleur as he leads you through an evening of wonder, encountering Old Bird, fairies, nymphs and more. Held on additional dates through Sunday, January 2, 2022. Tickets start at $50, with VIP and Family Packages available. 4pm and 8pm.
- Galveston Holiday Lighting Celebration at Hotel Galvez | Friday, November 26 | FREE – The historic Hotel Galvez along Seawall Boulevard kicks off the holidays with their annual lighting tradition, which includes a stop by Santa Claus, followed by a performance from the Galveston Ballet and the Galveston Symphony Brass Ensemble, before the lighting of the hotel’s 35-foot Christmas tree. 6pm.
- Thing-A-Ma-Jingle on Main Street in Downtown | Friday, November 26 | No Cover – After a long day of Black Friday shopping, head to the Downtown District for Houston’s newest holiday tradition. The giant block party will feature vendors, carol-oke, photo ops with hipster Santa, lighting projections and more. There will also be food and drink specials and live music at area bars and restaurants. 7pm to midnight.
- Houston Symphony presents Tchaikovsky’s Sleeping Beauty at Jones Hall | Friday, November 26 to Sunday, November 28 | Virtual Option – Guest conductor Fabien Gabel leads the orchestra as it performs this beloved fairy tale. Violinist Simone Lamsma will perform Bruch’s Violin Concerto No. 1. Tickets start at $34; livestream tickets are $20 for the Saturday performance. Friday and Saturday 8pm; Sunday 2:30pm.
- Bob Schneider & the Moonlight Orchestra’s Very Special Holiday Show at Hobby Center | Friday, November 26 – Start your holiday season this year at Hobby Center’s Zilkha Hall where Austin-based singer-songwriter Bob Schneider and his Moonlight Orchestra perform seasonal classics on Black Friday. Tickets range from $65 to $106. 8pm.
- Ku Egenti Comedy Album Recording at the Secret Group | Friday, November 26 – The Nigerian-born Houstonian, known for his work with the Riot Comedy Show at Rudyard’s, takes the stage at Secret Group in EaDo for a performance that will be recorded for an upcoming comedy album. Tickets are $10. 8pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).