Make the most of your week with our top 12 picks and things to do Thanksgiving Week in Houston from Monday, November 22 to Sunday, November 28, 2021.
Scroll below to find great things happening in Houston from Monday, November 22 to Sunday, November 28, 2021.
Top 10 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Thanksgiving Dine-In Reservations & To-Go Orders | Reservations Available Daily through Wednesday, November 24 – Many restaurants have closed their reservation windows, but there are still chances to book dine-in and to-go Thanksgiving feasts. Options decrease by the day, so book quickly.
- Harry Styles in Concert at Toyota Center | Tuesday, November 23 – Hopefully third time’s the charm for Styles Downtown show, after it was pushed back by Covid in 2020 and the threat of Hurricane Nicholas back in September. Now mega fans can finally see the One Direction superstar $39.50 to $149.50, but you may find hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Houston Turkey Trot at the Waterwall in Uptown | Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 25 – The annual tradition returns to an in-person event for 2021, sending hundreds of runners from the Waterwall, through Uptown and Tanglewood, and ending just north of Westheimer Road. If the Galleria area isn’t convenient, you’ll also find Turkey Day runs across Greater Houston. Houston Turkey Trot registration varies. 7:30am.
- 72nd Annual Thanksgiving Day Parade in Downtown | Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 25 | FREE – Get outside and go big with the live, in-person return of one of Houston’s favorite holiday traditions, with floats, giant balloon characters, marching bands, performers, and more that are sure to please holiday lovers of all ages. 9am.
- Uptown Holiday Lighting on Post Oak | Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 25 | FREE – Houston’s unofficial handoff from Thanksgiving to the winter holidays returns to Uptown with an evening marked by a visit from Santa, a new lightshow, fireworks, and the lighting of 300 all-new, 20-foot holiday trees along Post Oak. 4pm to 7pm.
- Black Friday Holiday Flea at M-K-T in the Heights | Friday, November 26 to Sunday, November 28 | No Cover – Ditch the crowds at big box retailers and opt for some Black Friday shopping from more than 75 local vendors and artisans doling out leather goods, handmade jewelry, gourmet foods, home decor and more. 10am to 5pm daily.
- Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol at Alley Theatre | Opens Friday, November 26 – The Alley’s holiday tradition returns to the stage with a brand new production of the classic tale featuring Ebenezer Scrooge and his wintry visits from the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future. Showtimes vary.
- Bun B’s Trill Burgers Pop-up at Sticky’s Chicken | Saturday, November 27 – Houston rapper Bun B’s Trill Burgers dominate at this special pop-up in Sawyer Yards, featuring the OG Classic, grilled onion smashburger, and new vegan smashburger. Advance orders recommended. 2pm to 8pm.
- The Fab Four at Bayou Music Center | Saturday, November 27– Travel back to the days of live concerts from the leaders of the British Invasion as the global tribute band, the Fab Four, perform legendary hits, deep cuts, and fan faves. $25 to $59.50. 8pm.
- Jazzy Sunday Series: Crystal Thomas with Eastside Kings featuring Orange Jefferson at the Water Works at Buffalo Bayou Park | Sunday, November 28 | FREE – Wrap up the multi-park live music series with the final twilight concert from Crystal Thomas with Eastside Kings next to the Downtown skyline. 4pm to 6pm.
More Things to Do in Houston
- More Options on Our Calendar – Explore more online entertainment, limited events and other options online and around Houston.
Save on Houston Museum & Brewery Passes
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).