Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Monday, November 22 to Sunday, November 28, 2021.
Your favorite nightlife guide is back to cure your weekly FOMO. We’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening all week long around Houston, from Monday through Sunday.
Here are our picks for Day & Nightlife in Houston from Monday, November 22 to Sunday, November 28, 2021:
Day + Nightlife Guide in Houston: November 22 to November 28, 2021
- Black Friday Holiday Flea at M-K-T in the Heights | Friday, November 26 to Sunday, November 28 | No Cover – Ditch the crowds at big box retailers and opt for some Black Friday shopping from more than 75 local vendors and artisans doling out leather goods, handmade jewelry, gourmet foods, home decor and more. 10am to 5pm daily.
- Lights Over Lago at Lago Mar Lagoon | Opens Friday, November 26 & Saturday, November 27 – To mark the start of the holiday season, Lago Mar Lagoon in La Marque transforms into a sparkling winter wonderland for all to enjoy. Take part in the holiday festivities like lighted train rides, sunset cruises, caroling karaoke, s’mores fire pits, holiday gift markets and more, every Friday and Saturday through Saturday, December 18, 2021. Tickets range from $15 to $30. 5pm to 10pm daily.
- GREASE The Musical at the DeLuxe Theater | Friday, November 26 to Sunday, November 28 – Watch the beloved rock n’ roll film and broadway classic, GREASE, come alive in Houston at the DeLuxe Theater in Fifth Ward. Tickets are $20. 7:30pm.
Monday, November 22, 2021
- Ben Jarrad in Concert at Sambuca | No Cover – Local singer-songwriter Ben Jarrad takes the stage at Sambuca in Downtown. 6pm to 9pm.
- Alma Russ in Concert at Dan Electro’s – American Idol season 16 contestant, Alma Russ, performs in the Heights as part of Dan Electro’s Monday singer-songwriter series. Alma’s unique style of genre can be described as “patchwork music”, blending pieces of country, folk and Appalachian music together. Tickets are $6. 9pm to 11pm.
Tuesday, November 23, 2021
- Five Course Tequila Pairing Dinner at Baja Sur in Tomball – Baja Sur in Tomball is combining pieces of Dia De Los Muertos, Thanksgiving and Tex-Mex at their five-course dinner event. Each course will be paired with a tequila-based cocktail by Socorro Tequila. Tickets are $125, plus tax and gratuity. 6:30pm to 9pm.
- Buck Meek in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Buck Meek of Big Thief teams up with experimental pop group Kidi Band for a show at White Oak. Tickets are $13 in advance; $15 day of show. 7pm.
- Queen Karaoke at Pearl Bar | No Cover – Head to Pearl Bar on Washington Ave. for a night full of amateur pop stars and drag queens. Queens, Nyxx and Brix will host this week’s installation of the LGBTQ+ friendly bar’s recurring karaoke show. 8pm to 2am.
Wednesday, November 24, 2021
- Thanksgiving Luau at Tikila’s | No Cover – Tikila’s in the Heights puts their twist on Thanksgiving with a tropical luau to celebrate the holiday and Tikila’s 2-year anniversary. Stop by to see the pig roast and fire dancers or play some games out on the patio. The bar will have happy hour drink specials and half price cocktails all night long. 3pm to 11:45pm.
- Latin Friendsgiving Party at Fabian’s Latin Flavors – Bring in the holiday with a bang at Fabian’s Latin Flavors’ Friendsgiving event in Downtown Houston. Enjoy the restaurant’s delicious menu (plus complimentary gourmet turkey), DJ’s, extended happy hour and a free bottle of champagne for anyone celebrating a birthday. Tickets are $15, but there is a limited number of free tickets available. 5pm to 2am.
- Jive Turkeys Comedy Show at Houston Improv – Join comedians Ali Siddiq, Billy Sorrells and more for two pre-Thanksgiving comedy specials as part of the hilarious annual tradition at the Improv. Tickets start at $80 for 2. 7:30pm and 9:45pm.
- Drinksgiving at Little Woodrow’s Midtown | No Cover – Take part in Little Woodrow’s Drinksgiving celebration with holiday shot and drink specials, as well as free pastries during happy hour. 8pm.
- Wine, Blues & Good Food at Buy the Glass Wine Bar & Lounge – Enjoy a pre-game before the holiday festivities at Buy the Glass Wine Bar in Spring. There will be live music, great food, and the venue’s extended wine selection. Tickets are $15. 8pm to midnight.
Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 25, 2021
- Uptown Holiday Lighting on Post Oak Boulevard | FREE – Finish your Thanksgiving meal and watch as the Uptown area transforms into a holiday haven. The celebration begins with music, shopping and street entertainment and ends with a dazzling light show and firework extravaganza. 4pm to 7pm.
- Plug N’ Play Friendsgiving Potluck Open Mic at 1886 Humble Backyard | No Cover – Whip up a dish and head to Humble’s 1886 for their Friendsgiving Potluck. Plug N’ Play Music Group will provide the tunes to set the holiday mood. 5pm to 1am.
- Buffalo Bills vs. New Orleans Saints Watch Party at Showtime Bar & Lounge | No Cover – North Houston’s Showtime Bar and Lounge hosts a Thanksgiving NFL watch party as the Buffalo Bills take on the New Orleans Saints. The bar will have drink specials for guests during the game. 6pm to 11pm.
- The Riot Presents “Live Laugh Love” Comedy Special at Rudyard’s British Pub – Bring your friends and family to the Thanksgiving installment of The Riot’s monthly “Live Laugh Love” show, produced by Brian Gendron and Drew Jordan. The comics will share their takes on holiday dating and relationships, plus answer crowd questions on relationship advice. Tickets start at $10. 8pm to 10pm.
Friday, November 26, 2021
- Ranch Lights: A Christmas Market at The Ranch Houston – In the South Acres area, this sprawling ranch property, yoga workshop, and nature escape offers a Texas-styled holiday market with hot chocolate, plenty of photo ops, and local vendors in a peaceful farmstead environment. Tickets are $10; free for children. 3pm.
- The Grinch Movie Screening at Rooftop Cinema – Celebrate the holidays in Whoville when Rooftop Cinema Club Uptown hosts a screening of the 2018 movie, The Grinch. The classic tale centers on the disgruntled grump known as the Grinch, who hatches a scheme to pose as Santa Claus, steal Christmas, and silence the Whos’ holiday cheer once and for all. Tickets range from $14.50 to $25.25. 4:30pm.
- Thing-A-Ma-Jingle on Main Street in Downtown | No Cover – After a long day of Black Friday shopping, head to the Downtown District for Houston’s newest holiday tradition. The giant block party will feature vendors, carol-oke, photo ops with hipster Santa, lighting projections, and more. There will also be food and drink specials and live music at area bars and restaurants. 7pm to midnight.
- Coffey Anderson in Concert at Dosey Doe: the Big Barn – Country music singer-songwriter Coffey Anderson travels to the Woodlands for a live performance. Tickets range from $68 to $118. 8:30pm.
- Paul Van Dyk at Stereo Live Houston – West Houston’s premiere EDM venue welcomes the Grammy-nominated German DJ and producer, Paul Van Dyk, for a live set. Tickets are $15. 9pm.
Saturday, November 27, 2021
- Food Truck Fall Fest at Urban Food Truck Park | No Cover – If you’re not ready to feast on your leftovers just yet, the Urban Food Truck Park has you covered. Discover new food trucks, all in one area and conveniently located near Washington Ave’s late night hot spots. 11am.
- Charity Pub Crawl at El Big Bad in Downtown – Crawl for a cause at Nightcrawler’s Downtown free-style pub crawl. Starting at El Big Bad, the pub crawl will benefit What Makes Us Fire, an organization dedicated to helping first responders battling depression. Tickets range from $5 to $75. 3pm to 7pm.
- The Dinner Detective at Hilton Houston Plaza – The Hilton’s Medical Center location hosts the Dinner Detective for an exciting murder mystery dinner theater show. This is not your average murder mystery show, as the actors are hidden throughout the audience and the crime could be pinned on you before you know it. Tickets start at $74.95. 6pm to 9pm.
- Neon Garden at Axelrad | No Cover – Axelrad’s monthly video game and electronic music experience returns with performances from Night Glitter, Modular HTX, and more. 6pm to mignight.
- 5th Annual Support Local Music Awards at Scout Bar | No Cover – Clear Lake’s Scout Bar hosts its annual Support Local Music show. The award show will feature local musical acts and give out over 20 multi-genre music, bar, entertainment, and tattoo awards. 7pm.
- The Band of Heathens in Concert at the Heights Theater – Austin-based rock group, the Band of Heathens, travels to the Heights for a live performance. The show will also feature special guest and Houston native, Sam Morrow. Tickets range from $26 to $384. 7pm.
- Turkey Hangover Mixology Class at Bienvenue Events – Learn how to make unique and delicious cocktails with hands-on mixology training in the East End. After learning a thing or two, show off your new bartending skills at upcoming holiday parties. Tickets are $55. 7pm to 9pm.
- Sarah Potenza in Concert at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck | Virtual Option – R&B artist and contestant of NBC’s The Voice, Sarah Potenza performs live in Upper Kirby’s McGonigel’s Mucky Duck. Tickets range from $30 to $240. 9:30pm.
Sunday, November 28, 2021
- Fall Fest Sunday Pop-Up Shop at Space Cowboy | No Cover – Enjoy some fall vendor shopping, themed goodies, and free prizes at Space Cowboy in the Heights. Don’t miss out on the free event raffle to win a 2-night staycation at the Heights House Hotel, a food voucher to Space Cowboy and a bottle of champagne. 1pm to 5pm.
- Holiday Lighting at CityPlace | FREE – Cityplace in Spring is bringing out the festivity in everyone with a holiday lighting celebration. Take a few photos with Santa and Mrs. Claus, sip some hot chocolate, and see the unveiling of the floating Christmas tree. 4pm to 7:30pm.
- Bellaire Chanukah Festival at Bellaire Town Square – The Shul of Bellaire hosts the Bellaire Chanukah Festival with a live concert from Rogers Park Band, plus a dinner buffet, craft activities and treats, and more. Tickets are $10 and include dinner. 4pm.
- Jazzy Sundays in the Park: Crystal Thomas with Eastside Kings at Buffalo Bayou Park | FREE – Blues artist Crystal Thomas performs with Eastside Kings in the final installment of the Jazzy Sundays in the Park series for 2021. Bring some food, a blanket or lawn chairs to relax and enjoy the tunes. Food and drink will also be available for purchase. 4pm to 6pm.
- Giant Menorah Lighting Celebration at Sugar Land Town Square | FREE – To mark the start of Chanukah, Sugar Land Town Square is lighting their giant Menorah and hosting a celebration. There will be a greeting by dignitaries, Israeli food, performances, live music, dancing, and more. 4pm to 6:30pm.
- Postmodern Jukebox in Concert at House of Blues – The rotating collective Postmodern Jukebox travels to Downtown Houston for a show. The band’s claim to fame is reworking modern songs you know to vintage genres like jazz and swing. Tickets range from $30 to $59.50. 6pm.
- Silverstein in Concert at Warehouse Live – Catch a set from the Canadian alternative rock band, Silverstein, for their 20th year anniversary tour at Warehouse Live. The Plot In You and Can’t Swim will open the show. Tickets range from $18 to $28. 7:15pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).
Click here to sign up for free.