Make the most of your week with our top 12 picks and things to do this week in Houston from Monday, November 15 to Sunday, November 21, 2021.
As the holiday season continues its to descend upon Houston in the week before Thanksgiving, there’s a lot to keep Houstonians busy, from live show from Willie Nelson at the brand new music venue in Downtown, the return of the O.G. open artist studio event, pre-Thanksgiving celebrations, a salute to our troops at a professional female wrestling show, and more.
Scroll below to find great things happening in Houston from Monday, November 15 to Sunday, November 21, 2021.
Top 12 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- 13th Annual Houston Cinema Arts Festival Around Houston | Daily – Themed to the arts, threats, and lives along the Third Coast, HCAF’s live in-person screening, panels, concerts, DJ sessions, and events end on Wednesday, November 17, but select unique live streaming options remain available through the weekend. Admission and showtimes vary.
- Café Tacvba at Bayou Music Center | Tuesday, November 16 – Mexico City’s legendary rock band, known for albums like Cuatro Caminos and 2017’s Jei Beibi, descends on Downtown’s Bayou Music Center on their U.S tour. $49.50 to $99.50, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Willie Nelson & Friends in Concert at 713 Music Hall | Wednesday, November 17 – The legendary country singer-songwriter christens the brand-spanking new Downtown music venue, 713 Music Hall, in Post HTX. $59 to more than $109. 8pm.
- Winter Wanderland Opening Night in Downtown Houston | Friday, November 19 | FREE – Stroll down the light-filled corridor next to City Hall and enjoy the Kid’s Zone at Sam Houston Park (featuring the holiday alpaca in the petting zoo). Expect the Houston Brass Quintet and Victorian carolers, kettle cornTexas’ Largest Mistletoe. 6pm.
- Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol at Alley Theatre | Opens Friday, November 19 – The Alley’s holiday tradition returns to the stage with a brand new production of the classic tale featuring Ebenezer Scrooge and his wintry visits from the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future. Showtimes vary.
- 29th Annual ArtCrawl 2021 at Downtown Artists’ Warehouse District | Saturday, November 20 | FREE – Explore the open artist studios in one of Downtown’s most eclectic, oft-overlooked neighborhoods. New this year is the Chalk Crawl, which will decorate streets and sidewalks with more art (and directions). 10am to 9pm.
- Apollo Chamber Players present Piazzolla Centennial at MATCH | Saturday, November 20 – The Houston quartet welcomes Latin Grammy-winning tango composer and bandoneon performer Hector del Curto to the Bayou City for a program celebrating the 100th anniversary of the birth of Astor Piazzolla. $35 in advance; $40 at the door; $10 for students with valid ID. 7:30pm.
- Mission Pro Wrestling presents Sea to Shining Sea at Southern Star Brewing Co. | Saturday, November 20 − Mission Pro’s professional lady wrestlers return to the Conroe brewery for a salute to the troops, plus fireworks, beer, and live entertainments. $20, $5 ages 12 and under; $50 VIP front row. 7:30pm to 10pm.
- Pre-Thanksgiving & Friendsgiving Events Around Houston | Saturday, November 20 & Sunday, November 2021 – The big feast may not be until next weekend, but there are plenty of ways to prep for it or build up to the big day this week, including a cooking class, outdoor festival, markets, and more. Also, if you’re planning to dine out or order Thanksgiving to-go next Thursday, be sure to make your reservations now.
- BrickLive Houston: Animal Paradise at Railway Heights | Saturday, November 20 & Sunday, November 2021 – Take a good, close look at wild animals built from one million bricks. It’s striking, paws-worthy, and perfect for all families. $12; $7 for ages 4 to 12; free for 3 and under. Advance purchase required. 1pm to 9pm both days.
- Memorial City Thanksgiving Fest & Market on Gessner Road | Sunday, November 21 | FREE − Get in the Thanksgiving spirit before the launch of the short week at an outdoor festival featuring food trucks, kids treats, live music, and more. 10am to 2pm.
- Hustle Houston Festival at Tropidelia | Sunday, November 21 | No Cover – Hustle Houston celebrates its first year anniversary with a pop-up fest showcasing all women-owned, small businesses, plus fire spinners, live DJs, tacos and vegan food, and more. Group yoga class follows the event. Noon to 6pm.
More Things to Do in Houston
- More Options on Our Calendar – Explore more online entertainment, limited events and other options online and around Houston.
Save on Houston Museum & Brewery Passes
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).
Click here to sign up for free.