Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Monday, November 8 to Sunday, November 14, 2021.
Your favorite nightlife guide is back to cure your weekly FOMO. We’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening all week long around Houston, from Monday through Sunday.
Here are our picks for Day & Nightlife in Houston from Monday, November 8 to Sunday, November 14, 2021:
Day + Nightlife Guide in Houston: November 8 to November 14, 2021
- Holiday Pumpkin Centerpiece Workshop at Her & Reese Boutique | Thursday, November 11 & Friday, November 12 – If you’re looking for ways to spice up your upcoming holiday parties, try this centerpiece workshop in the Heights. Guests will learn how to repurpose their Halloween and Thanksgiving pumpkins into beautiful floral arrangements. Tickets are $75. 6pm.
- Le Grand Restaurant at Talento Bilingue Houston | Friday, November 12 & Saturday, November 13 – Head to Houston’s East End to follow the story of a fine dining establishment, its employees, and its patrons in this comedic French play written in the form of a television show. The play will provide English subtitles for non-French speakers. General admission is $15. 8pm.
- 13th Annual Houston Cinema Arts Festival Around Houston | Thursday, November 11 to Sunday, November 14 – Embark on Houston Cinema Arts Society’s 13th Annual Houston Cinema Arts Festival at iconic locations around Houston. The festival will showcase 40+ documentary and narrative films, short film blocks, Q&As, dance performances, DJ sets, and workshops around the 2021 theme “The Third Coast”. In-person events are offered from Thursday, November 11 through Wednesday, November 17, 2021, but virtual streaming is available through Monday, November 22, 2021. Prices, times and locations vary.
Monday, November 8, 2021
- Candlelight Open Air Día de Los Muertos at Hughes Manor – Sit back and relax to sounds from the Listeso Quartet on Washington Ave. for Day of the Dead. Set in a field of candlelight, the group will perform a variety of songs from themes of popular films and shows to works by Mexican composers. $50. 6pm.
- Steak Night Mondays at the Spot Sports Bar and Grill | No Cover – Savor a juicy ribeye or t-bone steak with two sides for just $14.95 at the Spot on Richmond Ave. The bar and grill will also have drink and hookah specials available for patrons. 7pm to 10pm.
- Meet & Dance Monday at Henke and Pillot – Grab a partner and learn the steps of popular Latin dances like the Salsa, Cumbia, Bachata and more. Latin Dance Factory hosts this weekly dance event in Downtown Houston for beginners to practice and test their skills at the social that follows. Tickets are $10 for singles; $15 for couples; and $5 for just the social. 7pm to 11:30pm.
- Monday Madness Trivia at Brewskis Pub & Patio | No Cover – Test your wits at Brewskis’ Stafford location to win fun prizes from the pub. Bring some friends and enjoy drink and shot specials. 8pm.
Tuesday, November 9, 2021
- Rapper Paint & Sip at Shoot the Moon – If you love painting and rap music, Shoot the Moon in Spring Branch is hosting an incredible mashup event combining the two. Paint some of hip hop’s biggest names like Cardi B, Snoop Dogg, Mac Miller and more on a canvas that you can take home. Tickets are $30 and come with all art supplies. 6pm to 9pm.
- Turntable Tuesday at the Water Works at Buffalo Bayou Park | No Cover – Join DJs Gracie Chavez and Ilya Janos of Bombón, The ARE, and Josh Zulu as they spin themed music at the Water Works on the bayou. The Long Drink Company will be on hand providing samples for attendees 21 and over. 7pm to 9pm.
- Burger & Vinyl Tuesday at Trez Art and Wine Bar | No Cover – Take the elevated approach to burger night at Trez Art and Wine near Washington Ave. Try the restaurant’s juicy half-pound beef patty and pair it with a glass of wine or a specialty cocktail. Reservations are not required, but highly recommended. 7pm to 10pm.
- Tacos & Trivia Tuesday at True Anomaly Brewing | No Cover – After a two-week hiatus for World Series game action, Booze n’ Query Trivia hosted by Nic the Kiwi returns to the go-to brewery in EaDo. Expect four rounds of trivia, including a round dedicated to space and space exploration, followed by a you-can-bet-it-all final jeopardy question. El Abrijes Oaxacab Streetfood will be on hand serving up tasty tacos, tortas, and more. 7:30pm.
Wednesday, November 10, 2021
- Atreyu in Concert at Warehouse Live – Metalcore band Atreyu travels to Houston for the Baptize Tour. Bands Crown, The Empire, Tetrarch, Saul and Defying Decay will perform as special guests. Tickets are $25 in advance, $38 at the door; $49 for the pit. 5pm.
- Kiolbassa Smoked Meats Super Fan Meetup at Kirby Ice House Memorial | No Cover – San Antonio–based brand Kiolbassa Smoked Meats is setting up in Memorial for free food, drinks, merch and prizes. All attendees will receive a great goodie bag to take home. 5pm to 9pm.
- Ladies Night with Laura Magers at 23rd Street Station Piano Bar | No Cover – Grab your girlfriends and head to Galveston’s popular piano bar for a relaxing Wednesday night. Order a drink or two and listen to Laura Magers perform covers of your favorite pop and country hits. 6pm to 9pm.
- BBQ Happy Hour at Pinkerton’s BBQ | No Cover – Join the Houston chapter of the Texas Parks & Wildlife group for young professionals, Stewards of the Wild, for cocktails, conversation, and great food. 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Speed Dating at The Dogwood – The Midtown bar on Bagby is hosting SpeedHouston Dating for a night of mingling and matchmaking. With a less-is-more approach (let’s skip the name tags), this dating event was designed to be comfortable and laid-back for everyone. Tickets are $33.50. 8pm.
Thursday, November 11, 2021
- Line Dancing Friendsgiving at Neon Boots Dancehall & Saloon – Jump into your cowboy boots and line dance for a good cause in Spring Branch. The LGBTQ+ friendly bar will have networking, light bites, drinks and fun. The Thursday night event will benefit Tony’s Place mission, which focuses on eliminating homelessness for LGBTQ+ youth. $20 to $50. 5:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Singo Bingo at Barkley’s | No Cover – Pack your pooch and head to Midtown’s Barkley’s for their weekly bingo event. Games are free to play and prizes will be given to winners. 6pm to 10pm.
- Ana Popovic in Concert at Dosey Doe: the Big Barn – Serbian blues artist and guitarist, Ana Popovic hits the stage in the Woodlands for a one-night show. The restaurant will also provide a yummy three-course dinner with the purchase of all tickets. Tickets range from $68 to $108. 6:30pm.
- A Lunar Evening with The Houston Astronomical Society at Blossom Hotel Houston – Stargaze with the experts, over drinks and light bites, on the rooftop pool deck of Houston’s newest upscale hotels situated in the Medical Center. There will be a full moon, impressive telescopes to view the skies, and more. $10. 6:30pm to 9pm.
- Militarie Gun in Concert at Satellite Bar – Grab a drink and watch as indie music group Militarie Gun performs at East End’s laid back music venue, Satellite HTX. Tickets are $10. 7pm.
- The Listies Gala at Houston Museum of Natural Science – Spend your evening with Houston Exponential at the second annual Listies Gala in the Museum District, with multicultural Houston food, immersive experiences, and celebrations of HouTech. $75. 7pm to 10pm.
- Salute to the Troops Veterans Day Bash at Little Woodrow’s Tomball | No Cover – The Tomball outpost of the popular drinkery hosts a Veterans Day celebration with live music by Cody Wayne, Karbach specials, an Adopt-a-Soldier program, and more. Purchase a $50 VIP ticket for drink tickets, complimentary food and a custom t-shirt. 7pm.
- Speed Trap Bingo at Drift | No Cover – Catch the tune before it changes at Drift’s Thursday night Bingo event in the Heights. Try your luck in each game and stop by the bar for food and drink specials throughout the night. 7:30pm to midnight.
- Laughs & Liquor Brass Tap After Dark at the Brass Tap | No Cover – Hang out at Midtown’s Brass Tap for its weekly comedy night featuring some of Houston’s funniest comics. During the show, enjoy their $1 wings, drink specials and more. 8pm to 11pm.
Friday, November 12, 2021
- Night Market at Asia Society Texas Center | FREE – Asia Society’s annual Night Market is back with a curated selection of goods from local AAPI artisans, K-pop performances, access to an exclusive beer garden, and more. Admission is free; beer garden wristbands are $20. 6pm to 10pm.
- Friday Open Social Ballroom Dance at Dancesport Club – If you’ve been practicing your ballroom moves, grab a partner and show off your skills in Southwest Houston. There will be a mix of all types of music to cater to different ballroom styles. Tickets are $10. 8pm to 10:30pm.
- Olamide in Concert at Baby Club Houston – Nigerian hip-hop artist Olamide travels to Houston on the Carpe Diem tour. The “Rock” and “Motigbana” rapper will perform new singles and fan favorites at the venue near Bellaire Blvd. $39.99; VIP starts at $59.99. 8pm.
- Poetry Spoken Word Series at Tropical Daiquiris – Southwest Houston’s Tropical Daiquiri is hosting a spoken word poetry event where everyone has a chance to be a winner. Spectators will be entered in for a chance to win Tobe Nwigwe tickets and winners can receive up to $500. $10 for general admission; $50 to compete. 8pm.
- The Emo Night Tour at Scout Bar – Hear all of your emo favorites by artists like Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance and Taking Back Sunday at the Emo Night Tour. Scout Bar in Clear Lake is hosting the alt rock cover series to take you back to the days of MySpace and fluffy bangs. $15. 8pm.
- Spiceworld: Night of 1000 Spice Girls at Goodnight Charlie’s – Wannabes are welcome at this Montrose Spice Girl tribute event. Wear your favorite Spice Girl–inspired outfits and prepare to sing your heart out with the scheduled tribute performances. Best Spice Girl outfits will win a prize. General admission is $15; reserved tables for two are $40. 8pm.
- Turn Down for What at the Barking Pig | No Cover – DJ Go Baby Jay brings the energy to the Barking Pig in the Heights to kick off your weekend. Drink and eat from the bar and grill’s extensive kitchen menu. 8pm.
- Francesca Lombardo at Bauhaus – Classically trained musical artist and EDM DJ Francesca Lombardo makes her Bauhaus debut in this installment of the Panda Project. The Downtown venue will also spotlight Liiám, Zad, Wanderer and Andre Pinto. Tickets are $10 before 11:30pm; $15 after 11:30pm. 10pm.
Saturday, November 13, 2021
- Kemah Wine Fest at Kemah Boardwalk – Spend your Saturday afternoon sampling over 72 wines from Sonoma County at Kemah Boardwalk. Ticketed wristbands will also give patrons a free wine glass, appetizers from popular restaurants on the boardwalk, and special giveaways from vendors. Tickets are $54.95 in advance; $59.95 at the door. 2pm to 5pm.
- North Heights Pub Crawl at Wicklow Heights | No Cover – Hop from bar to bar at some of Houston’s most treasured establishments at Saint Arnold’s North Heights Pub Crawl. The crawl starts at Wicklow Heights, and ends at McIntyre’s where the coveted pint glass prize will be given away. 2pm to 6pm.
- Houston Food Fest at Midtown Park – Houston foodies can unite at one of Houston’s premier food festivals. Hosting over 70 different vendors from around the state of Texas, Houstonians can have their cake and eat it too. While you chow down, local bands will grace the stage so you can dance and eat guilt-free. Tickets are $8. 2pm to 10pm.
- Smithfield Rockin’ the Deck at Platypus Brewing | No Cover – Country pop duo Smithfield makes a return to Platypus Brewing on Washington Ave. Order a quick bite to eat from the kitchen, a drink from the bar, and enjoy the show. 4pm.
- An Evening in the Park at White Oak Park in the Heights – Head to the Heights for a fully prepared picnic basket equipped with your choice of charcuterie or sandwiches and sweet treats. Utensils, plates, napkins, and a classic picnic blanket are also provided. Baskets for 2 to 3 people are $85. Additional sides available. 6pm to 7:30pm.
- How To: Party Like a Boss at Revival Market – If you’d like to take your party libations, decorations, and celebrations to the next level, Revival Market in the Heights will help you reach those goals. Attend this how-to led by the ladies of Agricole Hospitality to learn to elevate your hosting skills. Tickets are $30. 6pm to 9pm.
- LIT AF Tour, featuring Martin Lawrence at Toyota Center – The Lit AF tour brings a star-studded lineup of comedians under one roof in Downtown. Comics like Rickey Smiley, Chico Bean, B. Simone and others will bring their best jokes and stories in exchange for some roaring laughter from the crowd. Tickets range from $45 to $125. 6:30pm.
- Alina Baraz in Concert at House of Blues – R&B artist Alina Baraz makes a stop in Houston for the Alone With You Tour. The “Fantasy” and “Electric” singer made waves online with her release, Urban Flora, and will woo the crowd with her soft sultry sounds. Tickets range from $30 to $55. 7pm.
- The Return of Draw Egan with Live Score by Montopolis at Alamo Drafthouse Cinema – Bask in a fun, tongue-in-cheek, and hilarious mash-up of silent film, Mystery Science Theatre 3000 -inspired script-revising, and a live score by chamber rock outfit Montopolis at an rousingly fun live event visiting H-Town from ATX. $15. 8pm.
- Pearland Opry on the Square at Pearland Town Center | FREE – Pearland brings the Grand Ole Opry to your backyard with various performances of traditional country music. Bring your lawn chairs, coolers and refreshments and enjoy the incredible performances. 7pm to 9pm.
Sunday, November 14, 2021
- POP Sundays Brunch & Party at Brellas – Head to Brellas for your next Sunday Funday and brunch in Sawyer Yards. Tables at Brellas are first-come, first-serve, or skip the line with a $50 per person guarantee in alcohol sales. 11am.
- CariBrunch Fall Frolic at Axis & Alibi – If you’re looking for some Caribbean vibes to end your weekend, try Washington Ave’s Axis & Alibi. Krave Eats will supply your Caribbean food needs and the venue will take care of the music. Tickets range from $20 to $50. Noon to 6pm.
- 15th International Risotto Festival at Houston Design Center – Lovers of all things Italian can celebrate the famous dish, risotto, and other fine Italian cuisine at this festival in the Heights. Take advantage of their fine wines, exotic cars, music and auctions while you savor the dishes from some of Houston’s best chefs. Tickets are $100 for general admission; $200 for VIP. 2pm to 6pm.
- Wild Child & Marley Moon in Concert at Elm & Magnolia | FREE – Elm & Magnolia in Spring hosts the final stop of Wild Child and Marley Moon’s Texas tour. Wild Child’s folksy sound in combination with Marley Moon’s retro rock vibes is a great way to end your Sunday night. 2pm to 7pm.
- The Fenyx Show at the Ballroom at Bayou Place – Come one or come all to this Cirque du Soleil-style show featuring acrobatics, magicians, and more. Each installment of the three-show series has its own daring and daunting acts that can’t be seen at any other show. Tickets range from $20 to $75. 3pm to 5pm.
- Jewel Brown with RADS Krusaders at Buffalo Bayou Park | FREE – As part of the Jazzy Sundays in the Park series, Buffalo Bayou welcomes Jewel Brown and RADS Krusaders to the stage. Grab a blanket, picnic basket, and some snacks to enjoy the Sunday weather and listen to smooth jazzy sounds. 4pm to 6pm.
- Dance, Drink & Be Thankful at Belvedere – Count your blessings at Belvedere in Uptown and be thankful for the good food, people, and cocktails that the lounge has to offer. Chef Kesha B. will provide a Louisiana-style menu and DJ Sean Panda Royal will set the mood with the music. Admission is $10. 5:30pm to 9pm.
- “You Look Like” Roast Contest at Rudyard’s British Pub – Watch as comedians face each other head-to-head in an intense roast battle and guests choose who should be crowned the winner. This weekly Montrose event is full of roasts, jokes and some of the best comebacks you’ll ever hear. General admission is $10; VIP and reserved tables are available for purchase. 8pm to 10pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).
Click here to sign up for free.