Take advantage of free museum entry for military servicemen and women at the National Museum of Funeral History’s Veterans Appreciation Week from Veterans Day, Monday, November 8 through Saturday, November 14, 2020.
In honor of Veterans Day, the National Museum of Funeral History (NMFH) is giving back to past and active military and once again offering free general admission to veterans and active military servicemen and women for an entire week.
Veterans Day celebrates all those who served in the military, whether in war or peace. The museum features several exhibits that pay tribute to those who have so bravely served and given their lives for our country, including the 9/11 and Fallen Heroes Tribute, Presidential Funerals, and Reflections on the Wall—a photography exhibit on the dedication of the Vietnam Memorial.
About the National Museum of Funeral History
Since 1992, the National Museum of Funeral History has housed the country’s largest collection of funeral service artifacts in 30,500 square feet of exhibit space and features 16 permanent exhibits on one of man’s oldest cultural customs.
Visitors can discover the mourning rituals of ancient civilizations, see up-close the authentic items used in the funerals of U.S. presidents and popes and explore the rich heritage of the industry that cares for the dead.
Veterans Appreciation Week 2021 at NMFH
- Dates: Veterans Day, Monday, November 8 through Saturday, November 14, 2021
- Times: Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm; Saturday 10am to 5pm; Sunday noon to 5pm
- Location: National Museum of Funeral History, 415 Barren Springs Drive, Houston, TX 77090
- Parking: Free parking available onsite
- Admission: Veterans and active military servicemen and women receive free entry throughout the week. General admission for all other adults and ages 12 and older is $10; $9 for seniors; $7 for ages 6 to 11; free for ages 5 and under. Learn more or purchase advance tickets.
This article was sponsored by the National Museum of Funeral History. Per our advertising and sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from organizations that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, event, resource or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Click here to learn about promoting your event or business.