Bring on the start of the holiday season with our guide to the best kid-friendly things to do in and around Houston for November 2021.
This month, salute the veterans, see the lights of the seasons while poolside, have family fun at a museum, celebrate Thanksgiving, and more.
Do you know an event that could make the list? Drop us a line at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Top 12 Things To Do for Kids & Families in Houston This Month: November 2021
- Salute to Military and First Responders at Kemah Boardwalk | Friday, November 5 to Sunday, November 7 | FREE – Celebrate the military and first responder heroes during three days of celebration on the Kemah Boardwalk. Take advantage of discounts, live music, military exhibits, a parachute team, military aircraft, training demonstrations and more. Times vary.
- Texas Renaissance Festival in Todd Mission | Saturdays & Sundays in November – Step through the world of kings and queens, fairies and elves, pirates and peasants, and much more as the Texas Renaissance Festival comes to a close at the end of the month. Each week has a different theme and each day concludes with a fireworks show at 8pm. Ticket prices fluctuate by weekend and day, but typically range from $20 to $30; free on Sundays for ages 5 to 12. 9am to 8pm.
- Family Zone on the Go at Museum of Fine Arts Houston | Sunday, November 7 & Sunday, November 21 – Enjoy engaging activities, coloring sheets, colored pencils and hear from knowledgeable staff members that can answer questions about the works of art on view. Included with general admission. 1pm to 4pm.
- Jazzy Sundays in the Park at Buffalo Bayou Park | Sundays in November –Buffalo Bayou Partnership continues the free Jazzy Sundays in the Parks series, celebrating the legacy and evolution of jazz in Houston, at the Water Works in Buffalo Bayou Park. Each Sunday in November, audiences will hear stellar performances by Texas-based openers and headliners. Bring a meal, blanket, and lawn chair. Food and drink will also be available for purchase. 4pm to 6pm.
- Texas Winter Lights at Marriott Marquis Houston | Opens Thursday, November 11 – Have some Texas-sized fun in the 6th floor Altitude Rooftop & Pool at the Marriott Marquis in Downtown during Texas Winter Lights, an interactive light experience available nightly. Enjoy huge light displays, walk-through experiences and more than 20 ‘Gram-worthy elements. Stick around for a nightly “snowfall” and a winter-themed dining menu. Tickets are $20; this event is held nightly through Monday, January 3, 2022. 5pm to 10pm.
- Frostival at Discovery Green | Friday, November 12 – Enjoy the crisp winter air when Discovery Green hosts its opening night of the Green Mountain Energy Ice rink along with ice sculpture carving from Reverend Butter and a live performance from Sir Woman. The first 50 skaters in line skate for free. $155; skate rental included. 5pm to 10pm.
- Chalk Crawl presents World Kindness Day Celebration at Social Beer Garden | Saturday, November 13 | FREE – Celebrate kindness with Chalk Crawl as they host live chalk performances, music, art activities, a food truck, and a screening of the movie Be Kind, Rewind at Social Beer Garden. Free to attend. 5pm to 9pm.
- The Polar Express Train Ride at Galveston Railroad Museum | Opens Thursday, November 18 – All aboard for a magical experience on the Polar Express in Galveston. The family favorite returns for the 2021 holiday season, inviting kiddos to jump on a real Polar Express for a train ride to visit Santa. Meet characters from the film, dine on hot chocolate and cookies and enjoy the ride. Tickets start at $35 for adults; $30 for children; free for lap infants under the age of 2. Times vary.
- Running of the Bulls 5K at NRG Stadium | Sunday, November 21 | Virtual Option – Benefiting USO Houston, the Texans will host the annual 5K Run/Walk at NRG Stadium, kicking off with Toro’s Kids K, followed by the 5K run and post-race party. Registration is $35 for a non-competitive 5K entrant; $40 for a competitive entrant (includes a timing chip); $30 for the Toro’s Kids K. Virtual race option is available for $20. 7:30am.
- BakerRipley Houston Turkey Trot at the Waterwall | Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 25 – The annual Thanksgiving tradition returns to an in-person event in the Galleria area this year, sending hundreds of runners from the Waterwall, through Uptown and Tanglewood, and ending just north of Westheimer Road. Registration is $30 for an untimed 5K, $35 for an untimed 10K, $15 for the Kid’s Run. 7:30am.
- 72nd Annual Thanksgiving Day Parade in Downtown Houston | Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 25 | FREE – Celebrate Turkey Day with one of the oldest Thanksgiving Day parades in the country, which winds down 20 city blocks and features floats, colorful marching bands, high-flying balloons and more. 9am.
- 2021 Guide to Houston-area Pumpkin Patches & Fall Festivals | Ongoing – The weather is cooling, sweaters are coming out, and pumpkins are ripe for picking at farms and patches around Houston this season. All autumn long, you can find places offering up the colorful gourds along with Fall Festival fun and family-friendly farm attractions like rides, slides and animal encounters. Days and times vary.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).