Celebrate Diwali, the Festival of Lights, with pop-up events, dinner specials, and more around greater Houston through Sunday, November 7, 2021.
Week of Monday, October 25, 2021
- Diwali Bazaar: Indian Street Food & Shopping Festival at India House | Saturday, October 30, 2021 | FREE – Bask in Bollywood performances, live music, henna dyes, and a range of tasty food stalls from Indian food to fresh cane juice. A kids area will have train rides, a bounce house, face painting and more. 11am to 3pm.
- Festive Chic: The Diwali Edit at Courtyard by Marriott Houston Sugar Land/Lake Pointe | Saturday, October 30, 2021 | No Cover – Perfect for last minute Diwali shopping, this pop-up market features everything from sarees, outfits, fine jewelry, fashion jewelry, accessories, and other gifts, featuring items from Noureen Dhanani, Tezaria’s, Designer Lounge Houston, Estella Collection, Pitara. 11am to 5pm.
Week of Monday, November 1, 2021
- Diwali Festivities at Pondicheri | Wednesday, November 3 through Sunday, November 7 – Savor Pondicheri’s luxurious Araam Thali Diwali special through Sunday, November 7, featuring Vegetable Market Curry, Herb Pooris, Sindhi Dal, okra, and a sweet rose laddu. 9am to 9pm. Prices vary.
- Reading of The Diwali Gift at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Diwali, Thursday, November 4 – Hear a live reading of the tale about three curious monkeys and help to introduce kids to Diwali and Indian culture. Included with museum admission. 11am.
- Diwali Festival at ISKCON of Houston | Diwali, Thursday, November 4 – A limited number of spaces are available to view the deities at the ISKCON temple and get some prasādam to take home. RSVPs required for limited slots. Half hour increments from 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).