Make the most of your week with our top picks and things to do this week in Houston from Monday, October 18 to Sunday, October 24, 2021.
Do you know an event that could make the list? Let us know at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Scroll below to find great things happening in Houston from Monday, October 18 to Sunday, October 24, 2021.
Top 11 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Hess Houston Corporate Run 5K at Memorial Park | Tuesday, October 19 to Thursday, October 21 – Promote wellness and team building when Houston’s “Largest Office Party” returns in person at Memorial Park featuring a fun 5K run or walk with your co-workers, an exciting outdoor happy hour with refreshments and live entertainment at the Hospitality Village, an added virtual option and more. All levels of runners and walkers are encouraged to participate on their “Company Team.” Registration ranges from $40 to $45. 4pm to 6:30pm each day; the Hospitality Village is open each night until 7:30pm.
- The Psychedelic Furs at White Oak Music Hall | Tuesday, October 19 – The British post-punk band arrives at White Oak to perform hits from across 40 years of music, including from their summer 2020 record, Made of Rain. $35 in advance, $38 day of the show. 7pm.
- Movies Under the Stars: Poltergeist at Market Square Park | Wednesday, October 20 | No Cover – The Downtown park hosts a spooky installment in its Movies Under the Stars series, with a screening of the 1982 haunt, Poltergeist. 7:30pm.
- Houston Dynamo FC vs. Los Angeles Galaxy at BBVA Stadium | Wednesday, October 20 – Mexican striker Chicharito Hernández makes an appearance with the Galaxy for one of the Dynamo’s final home games of the season. $20 to over $100, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- Andrea Bocelli with the Houston Symphony at Toyota Center | Thursday, October 21 – The legendary tenor released his 17th studio album in late 2020, entitled Believe, and will arrive in Houston to perform some of those songs accompanied by the Houston Symphony. $80 to $360, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- Oktoberfest Houston at the Water Works at Buffalo Bayou | Friday, October 22 & Saturday, October 23 – The 9th annual Oktoberfest Houston returns to Buffalo Bayou, showcasing German and Texas culture in one fun-filled event. Guests can expect steins of beer, polka music, German eats from brats to kraut, and the Oktoberfest Olympiad Games. Single day tickets are $25; $100 VIP. Times vary.
- 14th Annual KBR Kids Day at Tony Marron Park | Saturday, October 23 | FREE – Buffalo Bayou Partnership’s annual free event returns for 2021 at a brand new location, Tony Marron Park in the East End. Activity stations will include numerous hands-on activities from over 20 Houston partners, local entertainment, and performances on the H-E-B stage, Dia de los Muertos face painters, balloon artists, a rock climbing wall, a birds of prey show, Halloween costume parade and more. Costumes are encouraged. Food and drinks will be available for purchase. 11am to 3pm.
- The Beach Boys at the Grand 1894 Opera House in Galveston | Saturday, October 23 – The iconic rock group with over 50 years of hits will appear for two shows at the historic Grand 1894 Opera House on Galveston Island. $35 to $155, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 3pm and 8pm.
- Technicolor Night Market at Sawyer Yards | Saturday, October 23 | No Cover – Get wowed during the debut of a new family-friendly, open-air evening market featuring a vivid variety of cultures through food vendors including Primitive Smoke, Feng Cha, Cafetopia, Curry House, Soul Taco, Wayguru, Mama’s Thai/Lao Kitchen, Treacherous Leches, and more, when the Technicolor Night Market takes place at Sawyer Yards in Arts District Houston. 7pm to midnight.
- Monster Jam at NRG Stadium | Saturday, October 23 – Watch as 12,000-pound monster trucks hit soaring heights in a rip-roaring display of motorsport mania. $20 to more than $115, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Boston Celtics at Toyota Center | Sunday, October 24 – Jayson Tatum leads the Celtics to town for a Sunday evening matchup against the Rockets. $15 to $800, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 6pm.
Save on Houston Museum & Brewery Passes
More Things to Do in Houston
- More Options on Our Calendar – Explore more online entertainment, limited events and other options online and around Houston.
- Things to Do at Home – Dig into a wide range of activities, entertainment, dining “out” at home options and more to do from the comfort of your own digs.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).
Click here to sign up for free.