Plan a week for the family with the best kid-friendly things to do in and around Houston this week from Monday, October 4 to Sunday, October 10, 2021.
This week, have a spooktacular night in Kemah, cheer on the G.O.A.T. and friends, get your run on in Hermann Park, look to the sky at soaring planes, attend a pup-tastic adoption event, and more.
Do you know an event that could make the list? Drop us a line at [email protected] with a link to the official event details.
Top 11 Things To Do for Kids & Families in Houston This Week
- Playtime in the Plaza with the Jolly Trolley at Sugar Land Town Square | Monday, October 4 – Tots from 18 months to 5 years of age are welcome aboard the Jolly Trolley for tumbling, climbing, jumping and ball pit fun for up to two hours of play. Tickets are $15 for 30 minutes, $20 per hour. Noon to 2pm.
- Children’s Bingo at Levy Park | Thursday, October 7 | FREE – Bring the kiddos for Children’s Bingo, a 30-minute game, ideal for ages 4 to 12, to help children practice their letters and numbers while earning prizes. Levy Park will provide the Bingo cards, markers, and prizes. 4:30pm.
- Boo on the Boardwalk: Freaky Fridays at Kemah Boardwalk | Friday, October 8 | FREE – Bring the kiddos out to Kemah Boardwalk for a live concert by Boogie Man Band and Radio Frequency, plus a movie screening of the 2019 animated film, The Addams Family. Rides and attractions are sold separately. 6pm to 10pm; film starts at 7:30pm.
- Day of the Dead Spooktacular at MATCH | Friday, October 8 – Intempo Dance Ensemble presents Day of the Dead Spooktacular Celebration, an evening of dance and music inspired by the magical world of the Día de Muertos celebration, at MATCH. Tickets are $25; $15 for ages 12 and under. 7pm.
- Gold Over America Tour with Simon Biles, Jordan Chiles & more at Toyota Center | Friday, October 8 – Houston native and the most decorated gymnast of all-time, Simone Biles highlights the G.O.A.T. Tour that will also feature Olympic-medaling gymnasts Jade Carey, Jordan Chiles, Grace McCallum and MyKayla Skinner. Tickets range from $30.50 to $195.50, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the Ticketnetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- 18th Annual Run in the Park at Hermann Park | Saturday, October 9 – Sprint to Hermann Park for their annual Run in the Park. The in-person event consists of a 5K, 10K, and 1K kids’ run/walk, where running and exercise enthusiasts of all abilities can come out, explore the Park, and enjoy the trails. The event starts and ends at the Molly Ann Smith Plaza, near the Jones Reflection Pool, and includes a post-run party with food, drinks, music, and more. Tickets start at $15. 8am.
- CAF Wings over Houston Airshow 2021 at Ellington Field | Saturday, October 9 & Sunday, October 10 – One of the top airshows in the nation, Wings Over Houston showcases vintage World War II aircraft and modern aviation with soaring spectacles, reenactments and high-flying aerobatics. Simulator rides, a kid’s carnival, merchandise and autograph booths will also be on-site. General admission tickets are $50 for one adult and up to six children (ages 14 and under). Discounts are available when purchasing online. 8am to 5pm.
- Opening of the 47th Annual Texas Renaissance Festival in Todd Mission | Saturday, October 9 – The Texas Renaissance Festival returns to Todd Mission, northwest of Houston, for 8 weekends of fall fun through November, with differing themes and special events each week. There are hand-powered rides, fun games of skill, exciting attractions, and fun children’s activities located throughout New Market Village. Saturdays and Sundays 9am to 8pm.
- Pumpkin Patch at Halter Farm in Katy | Saturday, October 9 & Sunday, October 10 – For 3 weeks, this Katy-area pumpkin patch on the Halter farm welcomes visitors to pluck the plumpest they can find while also enjoying included activities like pony rides, a haunted trail, a stock yard maze and petting zoo. Tickets are $10 per person; free for ages 2 and under. Parking, pumpkins, and some activities on the farm are an additional cost. Noon to 5pm.
- Halloween Pup Crawl & Pet Expo at Houston Arboretum & Nature Center | Sunday, October 9 – Bring your furry friend for a pup-tacular Sunday at the Houston Arboretum & Nature Center. Dress your pup in costume for a chance to win fun prizes while exploring the Arboretum trails. There will be local pet vendors at the expo and attendees will get a commemorative Pup Crawl glass to fill with Saint Arnold brews. If a new pet is in your future, pet adoptions will also be taking place. $40 for ages 21 and up; free for ages 20 and under. 4pm to 7pm.
- 2021 Guide to Houston-area Pumpkin Patches | Ongoing – The weather is cooling, sweaters are coming out, and pumpkins are ripe for picking at farms and patches around Houston this season. All autumn long, you can find places offering up the colorful gourds along with Fall Festival fun and family-friendly farm attractions like rides, slides and animal encounters. Days and times vary.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).