Bust a gut at these must-see live comedy shows and events in Houston for October 2021.
This month, you’ll have a tough time containing your laughter when Houston plays host to some of the country’s funniest touring comedians who stop by for multiple sets on stages across the city.
Here are our picks for the month’s top nights to tickle your funny bone:
Top 10 Live Comedy Events This Month: October 2021
- Brian Regan at Bayou Music Center | Saturday, October 2 – Known for his observation, sarcastic delivery, and self-deprecating humor without using profanity, if you’re looking for a clean comedy show on a Friday night, comedian Brian Regan has you covered during a funny-as-heck set at Bayou Music Center in Downtown. $39.50 to $69.50. 7pm.
- Gabriel Iglesias at NRG Arena | Friday, October 8 & Saturday, October 9 – Rescheduled from April 2020, the Los Angeles-based comedian finally heads out on his Beyond the Fluffy Tour, bringing all new material for two nights of high hilarity. Tickets range from $46 to more than $122, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm each night.
- Comedian Teo González at Arena Theatre | Sunday, October 10 – The popular “comediante de la cola de caballo (comedian with the ponytail)” arrives in Houston for a night of hilarious comedy that has helped González tour the world across multiple decades. Please note this performance will be in Spanish. Tickets range from $36 to more than $100, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Katt Williams at NRG Arena | Thursday, October 14 & Friday, October 15 – The comedian and actor, who most recently can be seen in his Netflix stand-up special, Great America, lands in Houston for back-to-back nights of Williams’ biting commentary on the hot topics of today. Tickets range from $59 to more than $250, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Thursday 7:30pm; Friday 8pm.
- Kyle Kinane at the Secret Group | Sunday, October 17 – Last summer, the epic storyteller released his fifth album, Trampoline in a Ditch, and will finally return to the road with two shows while on his So…Where Were We Tour. The 8pm show is sold out through the venue, but tickets remain for the 10pm show at $25, though you may find better or cheaper seats on the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm and 10pm.
- Cristela Alonzo at Houston Improv | Thursday, October 21 to Saturday, October 23 – Most recently found on her Netflix stand-up special Lower Classy, Cristela Alonzo can also be heard lending her voice to Cruz Ramirez in Cars 3 and read in her 2019 memoir, Music to My Years. Tickets are sold by the table and range from $50 for 2 to $210 for 6. Times vary.
- Stephen Lynch at House of Blues | Friday, October 22 – The comedian and musician is well known for his laugh-out-loud songs that date back to the early 2000s, though he has ventured deeper into musicianship most recently with his 2019 studio album, My Old Heart. Still, his lyricism can deliver a laugh among his blend of folk rock and Americana. Tickets are $40. 7pm.
- Ali Macofsky at Houston Improv | Sunday, October 24 – Coming off as an opening act while on tour for the musician St. Vincent, the stand-up comic and host of the Resting Bitch podcast will swing through the Improv for one-night of her signature dry wit. Tickets are sold by the table and range from $40 for 2 to $120 for 6. 7:30pm.
- D.L. Hughley at Houston Improv | Friday, October 29 to Sunday, October 31 – A legendary comedian, actor, and host of his weekday radio show, D.L. Hughley stops by the Improv for five sets across three nights. Tickets are sold by the table and range from $90 for 2 to $330 for 6. Times vary.
- Paula Poundstone at the Grand 1894 Opera House in Galveston | Saturday, October 30 – The historic Galveston opera house plays host to the highly-acclaimed comedian and frequent guest on NPR’s Wait, Wait…Don’t Tell Me, Paula Poundstone. Tickets range from $35 to $155. 8pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).