Dine on delicious dishes and enjoy our picks for the top food and drink events taking place around Houston in October 2021.
Oktoberfest celebrations, sake-fueled tastings, and a taco extravaganza are just a few of the fun things in Houston’s forecast for the month of October. There’s also Halloween-themed cocktails and a pup-friendly beer crawl.
Looking for more Oktoberfest celebrations? Check out our guide to 2021 Oktoberfest parties around Houston.
Check out the best culinary happenings in Houston this month:
Top 10 Food & Drink Events/Offers in Houston This Month: October 2021
- World Sake Day at Uchi | Friday, October 1 – In celebration of World Sake Day, Uchi Houston will be offering two selections of guided sake tastings, available throughout regular service (including during happy hour). Explore the Nigori flight ($15), featuring a lighty and fruit Takara “Sho Chiku Bai,” the almond-kissed Hitorimusume, and sweet and sour Gozenshu; or the Premium Junmai ($25), with a sweet and bold Imayotsukasa “Ima,” crisp and dry Brooklyn Kura “Number Fourteen,” and semi-sweet Wakatake Onikoroshi “Demon Slayer.” 4pm to 11pm.
- Oktoberfest 2021 at Saint Arnold Brewing Company | Friday, October 1 to Sunday, October 3 – Oktoberfest returns to Saint A’s Beer Garden & Restaurant this year, rocking live music from Valina Polka with Das Ist Lustig, a German-themed food menu, commemorative mugs and alpine hats, contests, prizes, and plenty of beer. Hours vary.
- Journey Through Great Pinot Noirs at Pappas Bros. Steakhouse Galleria | Thursday, October 7 – Pappas Bros. will host a walk-around tasting of the world’s greatest Pinot Noirs, from the golden slope of the Cote d’Or, to the hills and valleys of California and Oregon. Tickets are $120 per person, plus tax and gratuity, and include tastings and heavy appetizers. 5:30pm.
- Pitmaster Party: Wild Game Edition at Dozier’s BBQ | Saturday, October 9 – Dozier’s pitmaster Jim Buchanan is rounding up some of his closest industry friends for a special outdoor event benefiting the Fulshear Police Foundation. The pitmaster lineup includes Anthony McDonald of Dozier’s and guest cook Robert Lerma; Patrick Feges of Feges BBQ (Houston); Quy Hoang of Blood Bros. Barbecue (Bellaire); Russell Roegels of Roegels Barbecue (Houston); John Brotherton of Brotherton’s Black Iron Barbecue (Pflugerville); Ara Malekian of Harlem Road BBQ (Richmond); Brett Jackson of Brett’s Barbecue Shop (Katy); and Scott Moore of Tejas Chocolate & Barbecue (Tomball). Each will feature a dish using wild game meat, and the party will also feature live music on Dozier’s deck. Tickets are $75 and include entry and samples from each bbq spot. Beverages can be purchased separately. 11am to 4pm.
- Saint Arnold Pup Crawl Pet Expo at Houston Arboretum & Nature Center | Sunday, October 10 – The annual Pup Crawl & Pet Expo will take on a Halloween theme this year, offering a spooky, pup-friendly outdoor experience in support of the Houston Arboretum and BARC. Bring your furry friend in costume for a chance to win prizes while you explore the Arboretum trails and enjoy Saint Arnold brews along the way. Local pet vendors and pet adoptions will also be available on site. Tickets are $40 for adults (21+) and free for children. 4pm to 7pm.
- Hispanic Heritage Month at Central Market | Ends Friday, October 15 – Central Market has sourced a diverse collection of top-rated Hispanic-owned products from around the globe to showcase throughout Hispanic Heritage Month. Pop by to shop for Hispanic-owned wines and coffee, gourmet chocolates, salsas and more through October 15.
- Tacolandia 2021 at the Water Works at Buffalo Bayou | Saturday, October 16 – Unlimited taco samples are coming your way at Houston Press’ annual Tacolandia event (so long as you purchase a ticket, of course). This year’s vendor lineup includes Hughie’s, Los Tios, Pacific Coast Tacos, Tatemó and more, all ready to dish out the good stuff to the backdrop of the Houston skyline. Tickets are $35 for general admission and $75 for VIP. 4pm to 7pm (VIP entry at 3pm).
- “Big Tex” Burger at Rodeo Goat Ice House | Ends Monday, October 18 – Dallas-born burger house Rodeo Goat is taking inspiration from the State Fair of Texas for its latest burger special. The “Big Tex” burger is made with a 44 Farms all beef patty, chicken fried mashed potato cake, bacon, fried onion ring and chorizo gravy and sells for $12.50. Sunday to Thursday 11am to 1pm; Friday and Saturday 11am to 11pm.
- Oktoberfest Houston at the Water Works at Buffalo Bayou | Friday, October 22 & Saturday, October 23 – The 9th annual Oktoberfest Houston returns to Buffalo Bayou, showcasing German and Texas culture in one fun-filled event. Guests can expect steins of beer, polka music, German eats from brats to kraut, and the Oktoberfest Olympiad Games. General admission tickets are $25 and $100 VIP, each day. Friday 5pm to 10pm; Saturday 1pm to 10pm.
- Halloween Spirits at Eighteen36 | All month long – Eighteen36 is getting into the Halloween spirit quite literally, introducing Halloween spirits starting October 1 and available all month long. Patrons can enjoy festive cocktails like the Witches Brew, Zombie Brains and Gata Negra, plus Peach Rings and Reese’s Pieces shots and a housemade Houston Hellfire cinnamon whiskey.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).