Shop from artisans, farmers, small businesses, and local vendors at a huge slate of indoor and outdoor pop-up markets taking place in and around Houston in September 2021.
Over the last several months, Houston has seen dozens of local vendors and farmers markets spring up across the city, offering everyone a chance to shop local and support small businesses in H-Town.
We’ve gathered 10 of the most enticing markets taking place across the city of Houston in September 2021.
Pop-Up Markets in Houston: September 2021
Many of these markets continue to adapt to evolving health and safety precautions, so be sure to check with the organizer before attending for their policy on things like face masks, social distancing, or whether it allows cash transactions.
- BLCK Market Retail Grand Opening at Pearland Town Center | Saturday, September 4 | No Cover – The popular BLCK Market series, which takes place twice monthly at Buffalo Soldiers National Museum, takes a big step this month in opening their first retail location at the Pearland Town Center. The organization brings together local and small Black-owned businesses for visitors to shop and support Houston-based entrepreneurs. 10am to 9pm.
- Tokyo Night Festival at Social Beer Garden HTX | Sunday, September 5 | No Cover – Browse from more than thirty vendors while checking out live entertainment, cars, cosplay, anime, local cuisine, and more at the Tokyo Night Festival at Social Beer Garden HTX. 5pm to 11pm.
- Heart to Market at Sugar Land Town Square | Friday, September 10 to Sunday, September 12 | No Cover – Shop at a kid-friendly pop-up that features a curated mix of local makers, small shops, and women-led businesses dedicated to mothers and their children at Sugar Land Town Square. Friday features a 5pm to 8pm shopping window for VIP ticketholders; tickets are $40. Saturday and Sunday are open to the public from 10am to 5pm.
- Autumn Acres Gift Market at the Robinson Pavilion in Katy | Friday, September 17 & Saturday, September 18 – Get ready for fall and Christmas shopping season at this showcase of vendors offering up unique, handcrafted items and special goods. Grab a bite to eat, stop by the photo booth, and try your luck at door prizes. Tickets are $5, valid for readmission on both days. 10am to 6pm both days.
- Fort Bend County Funky Junque Market at Stafford Centre | Saturday, September 18 – The fall market season begins in Stafford with this indoor gathering of more than 100 artists and small businesses doling out everything from handmade goods, fashion, and jewelry to children’s clothing, holiday decor, gourmet food, and much more. $5 at the door; free for children, teachers, and military with ID. 10am to 5pm.
- The Brunch Mixer & Market: Fall Edition at Pitch 25 Beer Park | Sunday, September 19 | No Cover – The expansive EaDo beer garden welcomes back another edition of the popular market that gathers local vendors and makers, live music, giveaways, and iced coffee bar, and more. Plus, you can pay $5 to participate in a Yoga class (11am to noon) or fitness bootcamp (noon to 1pm). Noon to 5pm.
- Brews & Browse Market at Ingenious Brewing Company | Sunday, September 19 | No Cover – Head over to the creative taps of Ingenious Brewing in Humble for an afternoon of food, art, and handmade goods from local vendors. Food trucks will be on hand and you can pair up your dish with a beer selection from the tap, wine by the glass, or bottled soda. Noon to 5pm.
- Kinky Circus presents Artist Market & Circus Matinee at Numbers Nightclub | Sunday, September 19 – This evening event features a bustling local artist market with small-business vendors and stunning aerial performers on ropes, silks and poles paying tribute to beloved movies, iconic scenes, and songs. Tickets are $20 in advance; $25 to $30 at the door. 5pm to 10pm.
- Parkway Market Days at Regent Square | Friday, September 24 | No Cover – Celebrate National Hispanic Heritage Month at this market featuring specialty jewelry and accessories, artwork, candles, apothecary, culinary goodies and more. The first 50 attendees will receive a complimentary DIY papel picados art kit. 5pm to 10pm.
- Galveston Island Market at 23rd & Mechanic Street | Saturday, September 25 | No Cover – This monthly market in Downtown Galveston offers an outdoor setting amid historic architecture for visitors to browse goods from local artisans, handcrafters, and growers. 10am to 4pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).