Take a tour of H-Town’s weekend highlights with the 365 Houston guide to the best things to do in Houston this weekend, from Friday, September 3 to Sunday, September 5, 2021.
Every weekend, Houston has plenty of happenings to be found around town—but which ones are the highlights that can help you plan an enjoyable weekend of outings?
We’ve whittled down our extensive Weekend Guide to offer you some of our favorite things to look forward to from Friday to Sunday.
Looking for more things to do? Dig deeper for all of our weekend picks with the 365 Houston Weekend Guide, or comb through our Calendar for even more events, activities, and things to do this weekend.
The 12 Best Things to Do in Houston This Weekend
- Asia Society Texas Center presents Electrifying India: A Night with Karmagraphy at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Friday, September 3 | FREE | Virtual Option – Take in a dazzling performance that features the spirited Bollywood dance of the Los Angeles-based Karmagraphy dance company, who have traveled the world over to perform in front of tens of thousands of people. This performance will also be livestreamed online. 8pm.
- Electric Feels: Indie Rock & Indie Dance Party at White Oak Music Hall | Friday, September 3 – The touring indie rock dance party stops by the Near Northside for a night of DJs spinning indie pop hits. Tickets are $15. 9pm.
- Labor Day Tours at Battleship Texas | Saturday, September 4 & Sunday, September 5 – Located near the San Jacinto Monument, the Battleship Texas reopens to the public for two brief windows on Labor Day Weekend, before continuing major repairs. Tickets are $10; $5 for ages 4 to 11, active military, and 65+; free for ages 3 and under. 8am to 5:30pm.
- Labor Day Weekend at Lone Star Flight Museum | Saturday, September 4 to Monday – Commemorate Labor Day with 3 days of special high-flying fun, when Lone Star Flight Museum opens their doors for an extended weekend of free flight simulators, flight history talks for adults, and more options for all ages. $15; $13 for ages 12 to 17 and 65 and up; $10 for ages 4 to 11; free for museum members and for ages 3 and under. Times vary.
- College Football: Houston Cougars vs. Texas Tech Red Raiders at NRG Stadium | Saturday, September 4 – These Texas teams get a supersized kickoff to the college football season when they take the field at the cavernous NRG Stadium. Tickets range from $28 to more than $150, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 6pm.
- Los Angeles Azules in Concert at Smart Financial Centre | Saturday, September 4 – Sing along if you know the words when the Mexican cumbia band, Los Angeles Azules, brings their 40 Años tour to Sugar Land. Tickets range from $49.50 to $199.50, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Bayou Bucket 5K & 10K at Rice University | Sunday, September 5 – Pick a side—blue for Rice, red for University of Houston—and take to the Rice University running trail to help your team win this annual 5K and 10K event. Now in its third year, the series stands tied at 1–1. Participation also includes a ticket to the Bayou Bucket Classic on Saturday, September 11. Registration is $45 for the 5K; $55 for the 10K; $20 for the Kids K. 7:30am.
- Karbach Labor Day Market at Karbach Brewing Co. | Sunday, September 5 | No Cover – Celebrate Labor Day while shopping from a local market featuring area vendors and artisans as you sip on local brew at Karbach’s Beer Garden. 11am to 6pm.
- Labor Day Celebration at Waterway Square in the Woodlands | Sunday, September 5 | FREE – Bring the family out to the Waterway Square in the Woodlands for an evening of live music, children’s activities, pie-eating contests, and fireworks. 5pm to 9pm.
- Archie Bell’s Birthday Bash & Tighten Up Telethon via the Continental Club | Sunday, September 5 | Virtual – The Houston R&B legend known for his hit “Tighten Up” with the Drells will be part of a livestream event on Sunday, in celebration of his birthday and in hopes of raising money to help cover his medical expenses following a stroke earlier this year. Suggested donations are $10. 7pm.
- Tokyo Night Festival at Social Beer Garden HTX | Sunday, September 5 | No Cover – Browse from more than thirty vendors while checking out live entertainment, cars, cosplay, anime, local cuisine, and more at the Tokyo Night Festival at Social Beer Garden HTX. 5pm to 11pm.
- Houston Restaurant Weeks | Ends Labor Day, Monday, September 6 – There’s still time to participate in the summer’s hottest fundraiser, Houston Restaurant Weeks, which has raised over $16.6 million to fight hunger in Houston since its inception. This year’s citywide event features multi-course, prix fixe dine-in and to-go offerings at over 250 restaurants, with donations going to Houston Food Bank. Look through the lineup and score your reservations to give and dine.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday.
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).