Embark on a path, shared by wife and husband artists, at Parallel Journey featuring new works by Cookie and Tom Wells at Archway Gallery from Saturday, September 4 through Thursday, September 30, 2021.
Longtime Archway Gallery member Cookie Wells’ new exhibition showcases a completely new direction in her painting style. Known primarily for her paintings of the figure, Cookie took a giant step outside of her comfort zone and began painting totally non-objective works.
The painter is sharing this exhibit once again with her husband, Tom Wells, who builds fine wood furniture. The two met at work where she was a graphic artist and he a chemical engineer. After retirement, Tom turned their garage into a woodworking shop and started making furniture.
There will be a live, in-person opening reception at the gallery on Saturday, September 11, 2021 from 5pm to 8pm.
The exhibition will be on display from Saturday, September 4 through Thursday, September 30, 2021.
Free. Learn more. If you visit Archway Gallery’s website before the exhibition opens, be sure to click on “Exhibitions” in the top menu bar, then on “Upcoming Exhibitions”, to find details on this exhibit.
Cookie & Tom Wells’ Parallel Journey Exhibition at Archway Gallery
- Dates: Saturday, September 4 to Thursday, September 30, 2021
- Times: Tuesday to Saturday 10am to 6pm; Sunday 1pm to 5pm
- Appointment Viewings: Private viewings are also available by appointment for 10 people or less. Email [email protected] for details.
- Location: Archway Gallery, 2305 Dunlavy Street, Houston, TX 77006
- Admission: Free. Learn more. If you visit Archway Gallery’s website before the exhibition opens, be sure to click on “Exhibitions” in the top menu bar, then on “Upcoming Exhibitions”, to find details on this exhibit.
This article was sponsored by the event organizer. Per our advertising and sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from organizations that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, event, resource or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Advertising revenue helps support 365 Things to Do in Houston, and our contributors, allowing us to expand our coverage of activities and events around the Houston area. Click here to learn about promoting your event or business.