Fill your Labor Day Weekend with concerts, sports, happy hours, specials, fireworks and more with our guide to Labor Day Weekend festivities and events from Friday, September 3 to Labor Day, Monday, September 6, 2021.
Whether you’re looking to get out on the town, experience some live music, or enjoy some family fun time, we’ve got you covered with a few of our favorite Labor Day events.
Want to dig deeper for things to do on Labor Day Weekend? Check out our full Weekend Guide to Labor Day Weekend in Houston.
Labor Day Weekend 2021 Festivities & Events
All Weekend Long
- Sugar Land Skeeters vs. the Las Vegas Aviators at Constellation Field | Daily – Catch one of the final home series of the Minor League season when the Skeeters host the Aviators. $8 to $60, but you may find better, cheaper or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Times vary.
- Houston Restaurant Weeks | Daily – Catch the last week of the annual summer charitable event that raises funds for Houston Food Bank, when you dine out on multi-course, prix fixe breakfasts, brunches, lunches, and dinners from a stellar roster of the city’s beloved restaurants. Locations, prices, and times vary.
- Labor Day Weekend at Lone Star Flight Museum | Saturday to Monday – Commemorate Labor Day with 3 days of special high-flying fun, when Lone Star Flight Museum opens their doors for an extended weekend of free flight simulators, flight history talks for adults, and more options for all ages. $15; $13 for ages 12 to 17 and 65 and up; $10 for ages 4 to 11; free for museum members and for ages 3 and under. Times vary.
Friday, September 3, 2021
- Labor Day Kick-Off Party at Little Woodrow’s Tomball – Kick off your Labor Day Weekend with an energetic live performance from the country music singer-songwriter, Cody Wayne, when he takes to the stage at Little Woodrow’s in Tomball. 7pm.
- American Graffiti Movie Screening at the Jefferson Theatre – Watch a screening of the 1973 classic George Lucas film, American Graffiti, at the Jefferson Theatre at Beaumont. $6 for adults; $3 for children. 7pm.
- Houston Dynamo FC vs Portland Timbers at BBVA Stadium – See the Dynamo take on a Western Conference foe in a summer evening match at BBVA Stadium in EaDo. $20 to over $100, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- Electric Feels: Indie Rock + Indie Dance Party at White Oak Music Hall – Dance the night away in the Heights to indie rock and pop hits at White Oak Music Hall when they host their Electric Feels dance party. $12 to $15. 9pm.
Saturday, September 4, 2021
- Chalk on the Block at Baldwin Park | FREE – Stop through Midtown and step into interactive 3D sidewalk chalk art as artists design colorful hot air balloon art at Baldwin Park. 10am to 2pm.
- Bank of America: Museums on Us at Children’s Museum Houston | FREE – Enjoy free entry to a beloved museum when you present your active Bank of America, Merrill, or Bank of America Private Bank (U.S. Trust) credit or debit card with a photo ID to gain one free general admission to Children’s Museum Houston in the Museum District. 10am to 6pm.
- Labor Day Weekend Concert with Houston Tidelanders at Sugar Land Town Square | FREE – Hit Sugar Land to enjoy the sounds of the barbershop style singing of the Houston Tidelanders Chorus and Quartets at Sugar Land Town Square. 7:30pm to 9pm.
Sunday, September 5, 2021
- Karbach Labor Day Market at Karbach Brewing Co. | No Cover – Celebrate Labor Day while shopping from a local market featuring area vendors and artisans as you sip on local brew at Karbach’s Beer Garden. 11am to 6pm.
- End of Summer Festival and Fireworks at Town Center Park | FREE – Close out summer with a celebration in Kingwood featuring live music and a fireworks display at Town Center Park. Live music from 3pm to 9pm, followed by fireworks display at 9pm.
- Labor Day Celebration at Waterway Square in the Woodlands | FREE – Commemorate the holiday while bringing the family out to the Waterway Square in the Woodlands for an evening of live music, children’s activities, pie-eating contests, fireworks and more. 5pm to 9pm.
- Labor Day Concert & Fireworks at Kings Harbor | FREE – Stop through Kingwood to celebrate Labor Day while enjoying a concert by Shotgun Road, fireworks, and more from the comfort of your lawn chair or blanket at Kings Harbor. 7pm to 10pm.
- Labor Day Celebration at Kemah Boardwalk | No Cover – Bring the family out on the water to Kemah Boardwalk in Galveston to take part in Sunday evening fireworks in celebration of Labor Day Weekend. 9:30pm.
Labor Day, Monday, September 6, 2021
- Labor Day Backyard BBQ at B-52 Brewing | No Cover – Bite into some mouth-watering Vick’s BBQ while taking part in a team cornhole tournament when B-52 Brewing hosts a backyard bash. Though there is no cover, food and drinks are on you. 10am to 4pm.
- Labor Day Monday Day + Night Party at Seaside Lounge | No Cover – Spend your day off partying with drinks, food, hookah, and more, as well as live DJs spinning ’90s hip-hop and Afrobeat at the Hennessy vs. Casamigos Labor Day Party at Seaside Lounge. Free entry with RSVP. 11am to close.
- Supa Soca: Labor Day Pool & Day Party at Clé Houston | FREE – Celebrate the sound of the Caribbean with Soca music, hip-hop, Afrobeat, R&B, and more when Clé Houston hosts a Labor Day Pool Party. Free with RSVP until 4pm; limited tickets range from $15 to $100. 2pm to 10pm.
- 5th Annual Old Fashioned Ice Cream Social at Frank J. Brown Heritage Museum | No Cover – Step back in time and enjoy treats like Blue Bell ice cream, cookies, lemonade, and more, plus live music from Wild River Trio when the Frank J. Brown Heritage Museum in Friendswood hosts their 5th Annual Old Fashioned Ice Cream Social. 3pm to 5pm.
- Labor Day Backyard BBQ Party at Market Square Park | No Cover – Delight in delicious BBQ this Labor Day during an early evening party featuring lawn games, cold brews, a watermelon eating contest, BBQ, and more when Market Square Park hosts a Labor Day celebration with live music by Danny Ray & the Acoustic Production. Though free, food and drinks are on you. 4pm to 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday.
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).